1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oliver & I

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

I am glad you enjoyed reading this snippet. I am old enough to know that where there is love, there is Godliness. I have not personally read well about all the Avatars of Maha Vishnu barring a few. I enjoy stressing the imagination of feeding Oliver as offering Prasad to the Lord Himself.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Looks like a big man . :) answer very sweet of you sir to have taken care of him for a week... :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

So it is all oink, oink or grunt grunt for you for the past week eh! Glad you are enjoying Oliver's company so much - it certainly is a different experience.

Glad you are able to experience so much of mindfulness and reap the benefits as well, enjoying the feeling of total amnesia! When the neighbors return, I am sure you will miss your morning routine with Oliver but like a grandparent, you can still reap the benefits of visiting him whenever it works I am sure! Enjoy!

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

@Anusha2917,

He is adorable with black face and white body. I considered it a privilege to look after him.

5. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

That is right. I am truly enjoying my time with him. I realize mindfulness is an ongoing learning experience. I am a good student learning from the teachers who are ahead of me. Yes. I am a proud Grandpa to Oliver, the fine young man.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I remember Lord Emsworth and Empress of Blandings of PGW when I read about Oliver.
    Syamala

Viswamitra and Cheeniya like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Syamala:

Thank you for your response. It is interesting to know that Lord Emsworth always longing for nothing more than talking to his favorite pig, or potter peacefully in idyllic gardens of Blandings Castle. I am also longing for my next opportunity to interact with Oliver now that my neighbor is back last night. :)

Viswa

8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Viswa uncle,

I read your snippet in the morning and while I was driving to the University I saw an uncle walking with the dog. Since that moment I was picturising you and Oliver and my mindfulness attempt shifted to another continent. It was really kind of you to look after a dog and Oliver is one lucky being

Love,
    Vani

9. Viswamitra

My Dearest Vani,

Oliver is a pig with black face and white body. This is the first time I have seen anyone raising a Pig as a pet. In the US, I have seen snakes, rabbits, frogs, chameleons, lizards, tortoises, etc. but never a pig. Time spent with him was precious. He is very special especially the way he welcomed me, how he wagged his tail, in his excitement how he walked in a straight line with his heavy body, etc. I will be missing meeting him everyday now. :(

jskls and girvani like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Wow uncle. There is a first time for everything. I totally misread it

Viswamitra likes this.