1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oldest!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sandhya voiced her concern aloud to her grandfather Narasimhan. "Grandpa! You know about your age and complication much better! Its not even a month since you had that operation. What is the need to go to that dilapidated temple now? You had been there visiting regularly, for what? About 80 years? Had the Lord [Its a Vishnu temple] been kind enough, he shouldn't have given you this problem. Also, he shouldn't have called grandma back too!". She would have continued for long, but her father Rangan stopped.

Narasimhan smiled weakly and said, "My dear! That temple had been there even before my grandfather was born and all of us till this date had a good life only because of His grace. If only I had the money, I would see to it that, its in good shape!". Sandhya thought that the temple could not be that much older and wanted to prove it to her grandfather. She went for more information to prove her point.

After many redirects, she finally came to know that there indeed was a manuscript in the central library and it was one of the earliest, describing about a donation in the region they lived. "It should definitely contain details about the landscape. I bet that there would be nothing about the temple!", she reckoned. She went, applied and got a photocopy, which was as obscure as the original one. Then she went to her friend's father who was an expert in that language.

He translated it and the first line started thus: "Seeking the permission of Lord Vishnu here, in his abode, which has been here for many centuries now...".

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes, it is so.... we refuse to accept what our elders say, want proof of it or prove otherwise. But it sometimes is good, otherwise we might accept facts half heartedly and not believe it.

Now she will believe, and who knows, may be help reinstate the temple to its past glory!!

Good one rgs.

Akila

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,

Can we show proof for everything or every emotion or every belief? I don't think so. Some things have to be trusted......no reasoning or logic. Everyone would not walk that extra mile like sandhya to see logic or reason.
    A nice one.

Syamala

4. rgsrinivasan

Thats the point Akila. She, being young, did not refuse to accept things as such and wanted to find out on her own. That doesn't mean that she lacked concerning about her grandfather. Nice feedback. Thanks. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

You are right Syamala. Being young, she was not afraid and had the time to try out something on her own to verify that. For others, we may have to accept it as such. If somebody questions who the founder of hinduism is, who knows the answer then? -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Very nice RGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rgsrinivasan

Very nice quote Sunitha [as always].
    Belief may at times fail. Faith never will. Thanks so much for your feedback. -rgs