Oldest Age Anyone Can Have Full-term Healthy Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ChennaiExpress, Nov 19, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

What is the oldest age anyone can have full-term healthy pregnancy?

It's related to health and genetics?

My Late Respected Grandmother had many children and she gave birth to her youngest child in early 40s

My mother got pregnant in her late 30s

I'm 38 (ppl swear I'm in my 20s b/c of genetics, diet, exercise).

I guess my question is, when is the latest age I can have children naturally.

Several times a day I pray God get me a Husband who is just like Him and Bless me with children who are also just like Him.

Then I add that Love comes from the Heart and it would be honor to give birth to my own children.

Ultimately we have to try and break out of Karma of past bad actions, else accept the results.

But I'm rather curious. Do you know of any ladies who had pregnancies in their 40s?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I know several women who have had children in their early forties, but those statistics are largely meaningless to others. The only numbers that will matter to you are your own. I would go to a reproductive endocrinologist to get evaluated. Do not waste your time with an ob-gyn.

3. ChennaiExpress

Ah, that's a good point. Wasn't aware.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

One more option would be to do ivf and store the eggs. Till you are ready to have children...

One of my cousin married at 35 and had first kid when she was 37. They wanted one more kid, when first kid is atleast two years.. So doctor suggested this... Now at 41 she conceived through frozen embroys.. ( her first pregnancy also was through treatment)

5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

I remember Kellyanne conway who had her last 2 children well into her 40s (We may never know if it was naturally or via ivf). Two gynecs I met, one of whom I now consult regularly, had their own first children at ages 37 and 39 respectively (and naturally). And oh - one of my close friends, who turned 39, is having her 2nd child this may.

But do remember the most important thing - the fact that other women are able to have children in their late 30s / 40s means nothing to you/ any other woman. Each woman's body is different. Some people are naturally super fertile and they are outliers. Other women's systems give up due to unexplained reasons in their late 20s and early 30s.

As the average woman ages, she can try to practice clean eating and other healthy living measures and pray that she will have children. There are no guarantees whatsoever.

I vote for egg freezing procedures but do realize that it has less than 30% success rates. A gynec at a leading clinic in India once told me how several leading actresses in India are taking this step given that they spend their 20s and 30s focussing on their careers. I recall reading about Diana Hayden who has been in the news for having 2 kids from eggs she froze 8 years ago, before she met her husband.

The challenge with the frozen egg route to pregnancy is the low success rates - you need at least 10 viable eggs to even guarantee 1 successful procedure. Women in their 30s need to undergo egg retrieval at least 2 times to get a batch of 20 eggs. Also frozen embroyos have higher success rates than frozen eggs.

Goodluck ladies.

P.S: @sumalynux good to hear women are seeing success with frozen eggs/embroyos.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

There is a front page series on the Washington Post about egg-freezing, with several sobering anecdotes. And a lot of older women in their upper forties and older are using donor eggs quietly in most cases. Ultimately in cases of fertility the only state that matter will be your own.

ChennaiExpress and Archanaanchan like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

CE,

It is a highly individualistic situation. Lately many young women in their 20s are having issues. I know a couple of people in my circle who married in 40s and had natural conception n normal pregnancies. Consult a gynec and seek guidance.

8. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Yes mam lot of success stories with ivf procedure.. I conceived my son through I've frozen embroys.( 1st ivf was failed, then conceived through frozen embroys)

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  9. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

yes... good point..

10. ChennaiExpress

Thank you for all this helpful info.

At the point I am practicing clean eating, portion control, at least 30 min iof exercise.

sumalynux likes this.