1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Old made new

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 8, 2008.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

From childhood I have the habit of making new from old things. We were not well of
    that time and I used to like varieties in everything. So I used to make a necklace
    out of artificial pearls which was boughtonce. With the same pearls every week I used
    to make new designs and wear it. From thepearl earing which I had I used to remove
    the pearls and stick clay on it and stickstones and make a new earing.

Then when I grew up and started wearingsarees, I used to get the sarees printed
    and make it new or dye it. People used tothink they are new sarees.

After I got married since my husband isvery economic he never likes to spend
    money on unnecessary things where as Im fond of all new things. So from the
    God's photos which I had I have put them in the box type card board boxes in which
    we get sweets or dry fruits. My children'ssnap with their spouses I have put it in
    a dry fruit box only.

Today while I was shopping I bought rasna packets 5 nos. for Rs. 2 each. I was just
    thinking I should put them in a bottle with water and make a juice out of that and put
    attractive lable on top. People might think its some new juice.

Now a days so many things are made from the old . Old movie is made into a new one.
    Old songs are re mixed and made into a new song.

Somethings I have tried to make them new from the old but me and my husband have
    become old. I am not able to make ourslevesnew. I like ourselves to be old only as
    old is gold.

If the inside contents has to be good then the outer cover should be attractive. Then
    only people will see the inside contents.

Every day I think I should write something new and send to IL to receive more feedbacks
    and win the FP. But though sometimes I have got many feedbacks still my post has not been
    selected for finest post. Must be something missing in my posts just as when you
    cook if there is no salt or if it is notspicy it does not taste good. In my posts
    also something must be missing. Either the title is not attractive or the spice is
    missing or humour is not there. Anyway oneday I am sure I will reach my goal.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    Let me assure you that your threads have everything that make them eminently readable. Getting the FP Award is definitely not due to anything found wanting in the threads. I have seen quite a few brilliant threads that are way above the winner. With the number of threads getting posted increasing day by day, it is only a question of time that capable writers are recognised.

Your 'Old made new' made really an interesting reading. This tendency is more marked in the southern States. In my young days, I have seen old gramaphone records made into a 'tambhoolam' plate with the edge of the records made into a kind of wavy design by applying heat. Nothing got thrown away because they were old. This included old people too! There were no old age homes then!
    Sri

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir

You have made my day. Getting your feedback that too the first
    one is itself like getting a FP award. Good to know that my threads
    are good. I know that there are so many good writers here and
    they should definitely get the FP Award. I have no words to tell
    you how happy I am by getting your feedback. Thanks a million
    for your loving words.

with namaskarams

viji

MonikaSG likes this.
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    A very nice one...new from old..

If you had noticed an ad for the toothpaste...they would say 'all new'' they would have added some small portion of something which would make them claim as 'new'.

when we become old we can renew ourselves with 'new' ideas to become a new old person.:thumbsup what say!

sriniketan

iyerviji and MonikaSG like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

Thank you for your feedback. Good that u liked it.

when we become old we can renew ourselves with 'new' ideas to become a new old person.[​IMG] what say. Very true. Good idea.

with love

viji

MonikaSG likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    i have told u this before and repeat again ,u are truly a sweet person...someone i would like to meet one day..and loved cheeniya sirs and srinis reply...yes the no of people writing are too many these days and it must really be a tough job for the mods to pick out one winner..but i liked the spirit with which u continiue to write....thats the way to be ....

& srini ...
    very well said....one cannot help growing old in looks....so we should change our rigid ideas ,be more open to new ones and grow broader mentally ...... ...infact i think that is more important than trying to think of ways to keep oneself looking younger physically...
    love
    Mindi

MonikaSG likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindian

I am honoured by your reply and u touched my heart with your
    feedback. Since I got Cheeniya sir's reply I felt very happy.
    Getting a feedback from Cheeniya Sir is something great na.
    Otherwise I would have felt very bad. Then there was Bhargavi
    who gave me inspiration and now you. Yesterday only I was
    thinking noone is giving feedback let me stop writing. But after
    I got your feedback I got the enthusiasm again. I dont know
    though by age I have become old my heart is still like a child
    craving for love and affection.

with love and blessings.

viji

MonikaSG likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I just read this old thread of mine and was glad to see Cheeniya Sir's first feedback and was so happy. I got only three feedbacks for this thread but was happy because the feedbacks I got is from great writers . Sriniketan and Mindian were great writers and now they are not active. They were my close friends too. Sriniketan had helped me in the beginning how to write and she had a thread A to Z where we used to meet everyday and I had started a thread in which Mindian and others used to chat. I have met Mindian two,three times.

MonikaSG likes this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Renewing and reusing is an art in itself and calls for a lot of creativity. Poverty or not, one must practice some Environmental awareness and frugality as this is good for our environment. The four principles of Environmental protection are- Refuse, Reuse, Recycle and Reduce.

10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Aunty, keep writing ! Not because you want to win the FP nomination but because you want to express your thoughts . Your posts are the finest in my opinion, there is honesty and simplicity !
    Mention of rasna brought back childhood memories !!

iyerviji, rupz and GeetaKashyap like this.