Ok..I have to get it out....no more lying..REAL reasons for me to go to India..

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Sep 28, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I know you ladies have been very kind in giving me advice and solutions but I feel
    I have been hiding the real reasons on why I want to go back to India...

I may sound very kiddish like a little gal but I really want to pour my heart out.
    It has been really itching me..so kindly do not judge me but please give me
    if my return to India will be worth it...

the real scenario..

I will be tleast 38 to 40 age when I get back to India.
    It will be in bangalore.I have one cousin and sis is based in chennai.mom lives there too.

job - I am planning to study hr courses but not sure about working when I get back to India.reason- financially we are fine and not so ambitious.If I get bored,assuming I won't esp with 2 kids I will take up one.will a 40 yr old get a back in India?

I want to socialize.I am not an introvert but very choosy with friends.I hate arguments and am sensitive. I want to have decent friends(not neccessarily best of friends) who would want to I go out to malls,dining,if lucky party..
    and have a good time.will that be possible?

there will not be lonely moments in India.I will also be in bangalore which is very mordern.housework was never a hugeproblem with me in US.reason..I love cleaning up my home.It is my "disney vacation" lol. so in India,it should be even easier with maids.

I get influenced very heavily influenced by movies..I got influenced by bollywood movies and came to usa and now getting influenced by Indian movies about life there especially in bangalore and with so many people in India praising
    the place saying "it has best of both worlds".makes me think why the heck am I living here when I can live a good life there
    Please see "happy banglore -youtube video" and Bangalore days movie.

dressing..I love western and Indian attire and bangalore is a good place for that..

I like attention.I like appreciation.In usa,things are robotical.nobody cares.

vacations are always a blast in India everytime!imagine being on vacation forever!

FOOD.FUNCTIONS.YOUTHFUL.LIVELINESS EVERYWHERE.

honestly...I do not see any other reason to go back.Please please do not judge me.I wrote from my heart very clearly without giving other reasons..
    I feel better now...

Is it worth giving up my beautiful home, vacations like aruba and swizz,hubby's good career,kids education in usa,privacy and freedom and going back?

2 people like this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What does your DH think about this plan? And how old are your kids? If they are older then will they want to move back? How will this affect your husband's career?
    You should make a balance sheet of pros and cons. If it is an option, a temporary move of 6 months or so might help you test the waters.

1 person likes this.
  3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

The reasons u have stated are very common for all of us ! The livliness in India cannot be compared to anything here!! But the biggest question u will face is if ur kids want to move their !! Even if u and dh want to move, u have to see if ur kids are at a age that they can adjust !

1 person likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

kids are less than 4 yrs.

so R my reasons valid?will I get all those in India?

1 person likes this.
  5. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, from your original post alone, I think that your reasons are not valid.
    As you admit, you do seem to be influenced quite a bit by the movies/videos.

India during vacations is different from the India that we actually live and work in, IF you have been living in a developed country for some years. You/husband/kids will have to face the darker side such as power cuts, traffic jams, rude salespersons and people at Government offices and the like.

Agreed, we all grew up in the above environment in India, but coming back after having stayed in the US for a while is different.

IMO, unless one is clear and has concrete reasons to get back to India (which in my case would be something like aging parents/PILs, better schools for kids, chances for either H or W to move up the corporate ladder etc.) R2I will not be as successful as one would imagine. There will always be the question of "what if?" What if kids had the opportunity to study in better schools in the US, what if we were able to take them on more vacations to exotic places, more material comfort etc. etc.

Food, functions etc. are a good reason to return, but not in the long-term IMO. During my past 2 trips to India, I have been feeling that relatives and friends are getting busier-of course they are excited to see you and all that, but everyone has their own schedules and priorities. It is not like the good old childhood days when everyone gathers together for a gala time and people are making time for each other. My younger cousins say that they are too busy with school and college projects to even talk on the phone.
    Maybe this is happening only to me-not sure.

If you and H are sure that you will be happier and more peaceful in India, returning will be successful. Do it for your own happiness and do not have any expectations from the country or people.

3 people like this.
  6. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

no it is not worth it ...hv lived in blr for good amt of yrs and in many cities in india, n short term outside the country personally find mumbai better ... but std of living and basic needs are far far more better in the US,

1 person likes this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anika,

You have very valid reasons to come back to India. if kids are less than ten year old they would adjust fine. It may take a couple of months. I know quite some families who are back home and happy. It is all in the attitude. I have asked a cousin of mine why they came back. Both replied that they feel comfortable among Indians. There are good schools in Bangalore. Most important of all...to me people and the whole set up matters.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Reasons in OP are not so valid for r2i from what i know. Good u have stated honest reasons, but it is not sustainable. Like u said, mostly movies show this and ur under that influence

1 person likes this.
  9. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I feel as a woman all ur points really correct... Also am ok with ur kids as they r very small.. Education and discipline is something better in India, i feel..

But my only concern is ur husband career... Working in India is hell.. Even if u put thrice the amount of work u do here, salary cannot be matched with that.. Besides salary, there will be politics, competition, back stabbing etc.. Work culture is something marvelous here... Unless corruption is gone in India, people will not be allowed to work peacefully..

Movies, festivals and frnds are so occasional..but men r the ones to face everyday scenario.. If he is ok to return, then u can ve masti there.. and ur reasons are not quite kiddish though.. Also I feel, frnds and group ve to be in connect since 20s and 30s.. Now u shud also think about people at ur age in India who can be really social other than their responsibilities..

2 people like this.
  10. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

You actually highlighted several reasons I'd like to settle in India.

The dynamics are so different. You can spot the warm people there (after you've been there a while), and dress in Western or Indian attire, depending on your mood.

And don't forget about child-care. It's easier to balance life there because there is a support system of your ILs (if they like their grandkids) or your relatives.

Trial run of 6 months is a good idea.

1 person likes this.