1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh! Those Blue Eyes.... - 5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Feb 6, 2012.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

The bus was moving forward leaving all the nature and the man made on its way behind. The trees were hurrying backwards and Al-Zarqa watched them. The electric lines were covered by some kind of small birds and the scene has an incomparable beauty. Though Al-Zarqa watched them, she didn’t seem to enjoy them. She was thinking what would be happening there in her house back home. Her blue eyes swelled with tears. The drops of tears were getting ready to come out forming a round sparkling crystal on the lower lids of her beautiful mesmerizing eyes.

She involuntarily blew her nose. She then closed her eyes and sat back. The tears rolled down from her eyes. She didn’t try to wipe them dry. The soft rhythmic movement of her body showed that she was soundlessly crying inside her burqa and veil.

Suddenly she felt a soft touch on her left shoulder. She startled to open up her eyes. The blue eyes saw the man who was sitting next to her in a very sharp and agitated way. He took back his hand from her shoulder unknowingly. The shame on his face showed obviously that he didn’t expect such a reaction from her.

“I…. I… I am…. Sorry…. I didn’t mean to be wrong or…. Wake… wake…. You up….. I am… extremely sorry…..” Somehow he finished with lots of troubles and pauses in his voice. But she neither answered him nor seemed to accept his apology. She closed her eyes again.

“I know….. You are not sleeping….. If you don’t mind why don’t you talk to me?” He began to talk to her. But he couldn’t get an answer from her.

“I don’t believe that you can’t talk…. You might be facing the language problem…. By the way, where are you from?.....” He decided to go further with his talks.

She didn’t answer his question and remained in that same position with her eyes closed.

“Are you from any Arab country?.... Then I wonder how you were allowed to travel alone?....”

“If you know only Arabic…. Don’t worry…. I can help you out….. I know the language very well as I was there for more than four years….”

“Oh! My God!!.... Such a beautiful country!! I was there at Dubai…. Which Arab country you belong to? .....”

“I still have those golden memories in my heart….. I simply loved to stay there…. But unfortunately my parents wanted me here with them…. That’s why I had to return….. I know you people are not good in English…. Do you know English?.... May be not…. I think only because of that you have trouble in communicate with us….. If so, you can very much talk to me in Arabic….”

He didn’t get even a single nod from her. But her body language showed him that she was not enjoying his talks and she was very much annoyed. She turned her face away from him and tightly closed her eyes. But the young man didn’t seem to care about her indifference towards him.

He kept on talking to her about various topics and she was observing the man who was sleeping with great enjoyment covering his whole body. She felt a slight jealous on a corner of her heart as she watched him sleep. She remembered that the man never opened his eyes once to look what was going around him except when he was forcefully woken up by the driver to change his seat.

“Is that because he has consumed alcohol so much?.... If that so I too must have some to have a nice sleep….” She thought and the very next second she felt guilty in her heart for thinking like that and pleaded Allah to forgive her for her sinful thought. At the same time she was wondering how the man could sleep like that without even changing his position.

“Who is he?.... Where would he be going?.... If he is drinking like this, what would happen to his health?....” She tried to think about him and thereby trying her stop her thoughts gong after her home.

Back home.

Abdul and Afzal just entered the home. They looked very tired and exhausted. The house was full of people and when they entered the hall, they saw Omer Al- Fayad, the husband of Al-Nazna sitting in a sofa and he was obviously furious with the recent happenings.

Both Abdul and Afzal looked so pale. They sat on the couch next to Omer and talked nothing. Even the chillness in the air conditioned room couldn’t control the sweat and the heat inside their mind. They couldn’t tolerate the betrayal caused by none other than the apple of their eyes.

“How could she do this to us?” Abdul said in a low voice.

“This is nothing but a clear betrayal….. She betrayed us…. betrayed our trust in her….” Al-Nazna said in an angry voice.

“Did you search her room? Did you find anything suspicious?.....” Afzal enquired her.

“La afham (I don’t understand)… I don’t know what got into her…. She planned well…. Definitely she got some help from somebody…. Her friends have no idea regarding this….. They have no idea about anyone she was close with other than them….” Afzal added.

“Where would she leave?.... Already people asking about her…. How can I face them?.... I am not going to spare her…. What I can’t digest is how could she plan so brilliantly and cheat us?....” Abdul was very angry. At the same time he was sad. He couldn’t take that betrayal, that too from his dear Alz. He closed his eyes and tears came out from them. He sighed deeply.

Her mother was lying in her room. She didn’t mind to come out. She also didn’t bother to have her food. All she did was praying and reading the Holy Scripture. She didn’t talk to others.

Al-Zarqa woke up suddenly as if from a nightmare. For few seconds she couldn’t realize where she was. She suddenly felt something on her back. It was the hand of her co sitter. She was shocked. She thought it was high time she would respond such stupidities and harassments. He was doing such things for a long time then. But at the same time she was scared for an open fight with him. Since the place and the people were new to her not to mention the other things.

She waited for few more minutes and slowly got up from her seat. She went to the driver’s cabin and showed the small piece of paper she had with her to him. It was written like this:

“PLEASE MAKE THIS MAN TO GO BACK TO HIS SEAT. I DON’T WANT TO SIT WITH HIM. I WILL BETTER SIT WITH THAT SLEEPING MAN.”

“What happened madam?” The driver asked in the English he knew.

Al-Zarqa moved her hands in the way she didn’t want to sit with him and her eyes pleaded the driver to change the seats again for her.

The driver stopped the bus and thought something for a moment. He then came straight to her seat and asked the young man sitting there to go back to his original seat. He got up and without saying a word moved to his seat where that man was sleeping forgetting the whole world. He then woke him up shaking his shoulder.

That man removed the sheet covering his face and opened his eyes with great effort. His face was full of irritation and he looked the face of that young man who was standing next to him.

“What?....” He asked rudely. He was angry that his sleep was disturbed.

“That madam wants you to sit next to her…. It seems then only she could travel peacefully….” The young man said sarcastically.

The man looked on the direction the young man pointed and saw the two beautiful blue eyes for the first time. But his face showed no new expressions other than the anger and irritation.

Then he looked again the face of the driver.

“Is this a game or what?.... What are you guys thinking?.... You told me to move here once and now again you are telling me to go back….. Do you think I am a play thing for you?” His voice was rough and masculine.

“Please sir…. Our sincere apologies…. Cooperate with us only this time….” The driver requested him.

Though he was not much pleased with the request, he stood up from the seat with his sheet and came to the next seat of Al-Zarqa since he didn’t want to make a fuzz of things. The things are settled for once more and the bus started again. Al-Zarqa sat on her seat and she looked at him with gratitude in her eyes. But by that time he had fallen back to his sleep again. She looked at him wondering.

She could have a clear visual of his face. He might be in his late twenties or early thirties. He had a neatly formed lengthy pair of eye brows. His nose was sharp but not too oversized. The lips below were thick and the slight pink colour of them showed that they were not used to cigarettes. His beautiful lips were guarded by thick black moustache. His complexion was not dark but not very fair either. His cheeks were of normal size and he was very handsome and manly.

Al-Zarqa was wondering how people blamed him for being a drunkard. She could realize from the very next moment she sat next to him that he was not a drunkard. Now by observing his face she confirmed that he never had the habit of drinking alcohol. But what she could not understand is why he was sleeping all the time.

She could see the nature running behind the bus through the window. The trees and the buildings were running backwards so fast and she could see the red giant ball hurrying to his home in the western horizon. The clouds were painted with bright orange and dark gray and the beautiful silver line in the outer clouds making them magically beautiful. She couldn’t take off her eyes. In between the man next to her rolled his head slightly once or twice and covered up his face again since the orange rays from the great ball fell directly on his closed eyes.

The trees along the road side changed to big fields. The fields of great vineyards covered the whole land areas and they looked magnificently beautiful. The beautiful eyes of Alz were drinking the beauty of nature without a pause.

“Dhamaall”…. The bus stopped with a sudden shake and the sound had made the people startle and everybody made huge sounds. The bus broke down in the lonely deserted road in Tumkur. Everybody looked each other’s face not understanding fully what happened. Al-Zarqa felt an unknown fear and loneliness in her heart.

[FONT=&quot](To be continued) :coffee[/FONT]

1 person likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Simi
    I had a guess that this guy will do something..... Good she could write it and tell the driver to make him go back to his seat.
    So what is this new twist in the episode......
    Bus got hijacked by the roobers?? or the tyre got punctured???
    Ok will wait and see what is in store in the next episode.

1 person likes this.
  3. BhoomikaDhare

BhoomikaDhare Silver IL'ite

Good twist.... waiting for the next part :)

4. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Interesting.... Wanna know wat happened next to that girl? why she has decided to move out of her house. Lot of questions unanswered. Awaiting for the next episode.

1 person likes this.
  5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hai Aruna,

Thank you very much for your precious FB. Its a pleasure to know that you guys are still waiting to know what happens in the life of Alz even after this long gap.

I hope her life still reserves some super thrills for us all.

Keep on reading please.

love,

Simi..

6. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hello dear Bhoomika,

Thank you very much for your positive comment. Alz will meet you soon with much more experiences.

Please keep on reading.

Love,

Simi..

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepu,

First, let me thank you for your encouraging FB.

Yes, so many questions unanswered. Hope they would all be revealed soon.

Keep on reading please dear..

Love,

Simi..

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A good twist and very interesting....

Shanti

9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feed back.

It happens to everybody in life. Some people we trust and seem to be good prove opposite and reverse. This is what happened here too.

Please keep on reading..

Love,

Simi..

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Simi,

Guess I was wrong. I thought the guy sitting next to her would her knight in shining armour. Turns out that he's nothing but a eve-teaser! :hide: So instead of making any more speculations about her hero, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy your story from now on. Btw, when are you posting the next episode?

1 person likes this.