1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh! Those Blue Eyes.... - 2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Jan 10, 2012.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

CHAPTER 2

The cars are travelling as if in a parade. It’s a routine for them to have a refresher like this. Since Mr. Abdul and his sons are all busy with their business almost throughout the year, they really needed such a leisure time to spend with their loved ones. Their close relatives and friends also accompany them.

Business occupied their time but Mr. Abdul truly valued his family and such journeys are really close to them. If the picnic is finished once and they return to their homes, the women folks begin to plan for their next year’s tour. Al- Zarqa would be the leader in organizing tours and planning for them till last year. But this year she showed no interest in travelling. But at the same time she didn’t resist to participate also. Only thing is she obeys everything which is told to her.

The only thing she seemed to have interest was going out for shopping in the big malls of Rimal Centre. She always wanted to study from her childhood days and everyone except her Abbu discouraged her from doing such things which are not approved by her community. But her father didn’t try to stop her interest. She did her diploma in fashion designing and she did that in an institution which is situated some 20 km from her home.

She used to go there by car and return home around 2 PM everyday. During that time she got the habit of going shopping in the Rimal Centre with her friends and sometimes alone. Every week end she goes there accompanying a servant or a driver and spends almost a whole day there purchasing things, eating out and the visits are means of refreshment to her from the caged life which she suffered from her childhood. But she is very much used to the life styles and she herself is very much spiritual and not at all rebellious.

Their cars reached the holiday destination in the fall of evening. The evening was very beautiful and the weather was very cold opposite to that in the morning. The sky showed a sharp crescent in the west and stars were scattered all around the sky and the horizon is filled with the orange and black clouds and the sands showed a wave like formations every where.

Everyone got down from their vehicles and the surrounding is filled with tents and full of native people and foreign tourists. The roaring sounds of mud race cars and desert safari vans filled the whole area there by making the place very active. The night life of desert has just begun and the whole family of Abdul moved to their booked tents.

Al-Zarqa and two or three kids moved to a small tent which was nearer to the tent of Abdul and his wife. They were all exhausted of the long journey and they were supplied with drinks and light delicacies. They were also informed that a camp fire has been arranged for the midnight and they were invited.

Everyone gathered at the site of camp fire and all are in a merry mood. A beautiful lady dressed in the attires of a belly dancer and she danced beautifully and it was a real treat to the eyes and it followed with a traditional dance performed by a group of men. They had swords in their hands and the moves were very slow and rhythmic.

The total place is flooded with light and the desert safari vans were jumping and moving ahead with great speeds. The cars bumped with the sand hills formed with the storms as if they were surfing in the sand waves. The kids forgot their tiredness and they were flying around like bees and some of them drove around the desert in their sand racing bikes.

But Al-Zarqa is not in a mood to enjoy all these entertainments rather she preferred to be in her home at that very moment. She changed her dress after taking a nice bath and covered herself once again in burqa. She took out her phone, sat on the mattress spread on the floor of her tent and switched it on. As if waiting to be switched on the messages started to pour in and she began to read them one by one. Her blue eyes smiled, wondered, worried and in the end they cried with tears welling from them. She let out a long sigh, deleted all the messages and switched it off again. Then she pulled out a pillow and rested her head on it and lay on with her whole body shrunk as if in a shell.

Suddenly the screen of the tent is disturbed and a big shadow turned in. The shadow stood there still for a minute or two and it keenly observed Al-Zarqa on her bed. This might have disturbed her. She slowly opened up her eyes and startled to see somebody standing right next to her in the darkness. She gathered her courage and asked,

“Who is that?”

“The shadow did utter a word but it moved slightly closer to her and the light from outside entered in to the room through the screen moving heavily with the desert wind fell on the face of the shadow and to Al-Zarqa’s great relief and surprise it was none other than her sister Al-Nazna.

“What happened sister? Why are you here?” Al-Zarqa asked her in surprise.

“This is what I need to ask you…. Why are you here?.... Why haven’t you come out?” She sat beside her and softly held her shoulder.

“Maa fii (Nothing)….” Al-Zarqa shook her head softly.

“No…. Something must be there…. I am seeing you for the past two days…. You seem to be tired and you seem to have lost something…. Tell me Alz, what is there in your heart?.... Are you doing anything wrong?....” Al-Nazna asked her suspiciously.

“Maa fii…. I am doing nothing wrong…. Everything is fine with me…. I am tired a little bit… That’s all….” Alz told her.

“OK then… Abbu is asking for you….. Come with me…. Dinner is ready there….” She stood up from the floor and pulled Alz too by her hand.

“I don’t feel hungry…. I just ate something…. Can’t you leave me here?” She asked her sister.

“No, I won’t…. Come with me” She tried to pull her up with all her strength.

“OK… OK… Don’t strain yourself… I am coming with you…..” She accompanied her sister.

They reached for a tent and there a big feast has been arranged for them. The table was full of Arabian foods, non alcoholic drinks and also fruits.

“Why weren’t you here honey?” Abdul asked her.

“I have been taking rest Abbu as I am tired…” She said.

“Eat something and go take rest…” Father said to his daughter lovingly.

She didn’t feel hungry and pretended to eat something, and left for her tent.

The whole week followed was filled with fun and each of the family members were enjoying to the fullest. But Al-Zarqa showed least interest in anything and she seemed as if she were missing something terribly. She always isolated herself from others and preferred to sit or walk alone. Her mother and father also noticed her change in behavior and she asked her whether she was ill. They also assured her to cancel the program if she was not feeling well and could consult their doctor.

But Al-Zarqa is not a kind of a girl who wants to spoil the happiness of others just for the sake of her pleasure. In fact this character of hers is causing her the agony she is feeling now. She knew how her father and brothers wanted some days free from their routines and hectic schedules and how much her mother needed her husband and sons with her. She didn’t want to spoil their holiday mood for her gloominess and decided to dig the sorrows and worries deep in her heart and act normal. This act of normalcy relieved her parents much than she expected and the days followed were real fun for all.

Two weeks passed just like that and once again the big iron gate rolled open to allow the cars and the humans back in their dwelling place. Al- Zarqa was unexpectedly happy that day and her eyes sparkled like two precious blue diamonds as she entered in to the house.

[FONT=&quot](To be continued….):coffee[/FONT]

2 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice story. Well narrated

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful Simi! :thumbsup I can understand the dilemma that Al-Zarqa is going through, living in the luxurious caged-like home. You have build up the suspense so well that I'm truly curious to find out what is really going on with Al-Zarqa. Is she in love with someone out of her community? Is she going to do something out of norm? I can't wait to find out :)

Amazing narration Lovelyme. You seemed to move really fast in your first story but here you are moving a little slower and you have provided such detailed description on the incidents that are taking place. This is really a welcoming change. Keep it up :)

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Simi
    You have really built up the suspense gal... Now even my guess is the same is she in love with someone who is not a arab???
    Those desert tents and the holidays is deserts your description here is just excellent. In the last episode you told me you have not seen arab countries but the way you have described them is like you have done a lot of study on this and only then you have written it.
    These desert tent holidays are just excellent and enjoyable ones. The food and the way these people arrange the entertainment programmes are just awesome. Driving those desert bikes wow real exciting ones.
    With your story you got my memories of my holidays here.

5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you sofea!

Al-Zarqa has more surprises for you I hope :)

The character was created by my husband and I just drew a literal picture of her. Thats all.

Thank you for your encouraging FB dear!!

Love

Simi..

6. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you so very much Raji Sofea and Aruna dears for your precious FBs

Love,

Simi..

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Aruna first of all let me thank you for your wonderful FB

All the credits go to my husband as he takes me classes regarding the country, its culture and its people because he was there in Arab country for more than four years.

Thank you for your encouragement.

Love,

Simi..

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Simi,

Enjoying your story ... the way you have described is making more excitement on the story

Shanti

9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Thank you for your valuable FB.... Please keep reading the story and do let me know how you feel about it...

Love,

Simi..

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

lovely story :)...nice start.. :)
    waiting to read more :)