1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh! Those Blue Eyes.... - 10

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Jun 5, 2012.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

“Amma” Sanjay sounded so happy.

“Sanju…. What happened ma?.... Why in this unusual hour?” His mother seemed to be curious. But it was not very unusual for Sanjay to call his mother often like this. If he got his results, if he received a first prize, if he failed in a competition or comes second, if he presents a paper in a seminar and received appreciations of his professor, he calls his mother to share the feelings with her for she is his best friend. So obviously this time is no exception.

“Amma…. I am in love….” He didn’t need an introduction to express his feelings.

Nirmala was a little taken aback to hear that. But at the same time she very well knew that he was genuine, after all she knew her son for all these years. She prepared her mind to listen everything her son told her.

The conversation lasted for about twenty minutes and he switched off his mobile and left for his classes. After reaching home he explained everything to his mother and for the first time in his life he couldn’t sleep well that night. He was walking across the room without going to sleep; he didn’t feel like eating anything.

He was the first thing present in the college the next day. He knew that she was a first year student. So it was not very difficult for him to find her. When he first visited her, she was surprised. But that led to a deep friendship and they enjoyed each other’s company. She became very much attached to him and he loved her more and more each second. But at the same time Sanjay felt a little embarrassed to express his love to her.

They participated together in various competitions and seminars. Their friendship became thicker. Sanjay was happy when she was around and her attitudes and enthusiasm impressed him very much. His final year in the college was nearing its end and Sanjay wanted to propose her before it was too late. He could never come to a conclusion whether she likes him or not from her behavior to him. She was so kind and sweet to him. She was so intelligent and always showed a thirst to know new things. She worshipped him like a hero. According to her, Sanjay was a treasure chest of knowledge. Whenever she happens to see him her eyes sparkle like two black diamonds. But Sanjay never could see love in those eyes.

So he decided to convey his love to her and wanted to know her reply. He told his mother about his decision. Though she wished him good luck, she was anxious about the out come. She was worried thinking if her reply is a negative it really would break her dear son’s heart. So she advised him not to take her reply serious if it is a negative one.

“Vidya” She looked in the direction from where the familiar masculine voice came.

Sanjay was coming towards her. He was wearing a pale blue Peter England full sleeve shirt and pant. His moustache was trimmed and his hair cut showed that he visited the salon just before. His lips were trying to cover a beautiful smile. She noticed some extra charm in him that moment.

“What’s that Sanjay?..... You seem to be so cheerful today….. Anything special?.....” Vidya welcomed him with her beautiful trademark smile.

“Yes, of course…. I have some special news to convey you today…..” He said smilingly.

“To me?.... and what is that?....” She asked.

“I am going to tell you…. But not here…. I would like to meet you at the library after class….” Saying this he walked off without waiting for her to reply.

Vidya entered into the library. She looked for Sanjay everywhere. The whole place was filled with people looking for books, reading and taking notes. She went and looked for him in the sections where she finds him often but he was not to be found anywhere. Suddenly she felt an instinct saying she could be able to find him in the place where she met him for the first time.

Her instinct didn’t fail her. He had been waiting for her in that same place. She was a little puzzled. But at the same time she could feel something in her heart. She couldn’t understand what she was feeling deep in her heart but she felt a great happiness without knowing why. She felt something great was about to happen.

“Hi….” She addressed Sanjay with a great smile.

“Hello…. I have been waiting for you for the past two hours….” He sounded a little impatient.

“Sorry Sanju…. I had to meet Malathy madam regarding a symposium. She was a little busy when I went. So I had to wait to meet her…..” She replied in haste.

“Its OK Vidya…. I was worried thinking you would not make it today….” Sanjay replied.

Vidya just offered a mild smile as her reply. She sat in front of him. Sanjay seemed to be very nervous which she never happened to see in him. He was so restless and it was obvious from his body language that he was struggling hard to say something to her. She didn’t want him to struggle much.

“Why did you ask me to come here Sanju?” She asked him with a little hesitation.

“I really need to tell you something Vidhu…. But at the same time I am scared so much…. Vidhu, please promise me something….. If you don’t like what I am going to say, please don’t get angry with me….” Sanjay completed his introduction with a great difficulty.

“I promise, I will not….” She held his hand stretched in front of her and promised.

“I want to say one more thing Vidhu…. In case of your negative reply, this would be the last date of our meeting… But at the same time I will not feel offended or angry but definitely sad….” Sanjay continued.

“OK… OK…. Approved…. Please don’t make me tensed…. Come to the matter now….” Vidya grew a little impatient.

Sanjay looked around and he took something from his pocket and came around the table and stood in front of her. She looked at his face in wonder. She tried to read his emotions. She felt something new in his beautiful eyes. She tried to read what it was but something prevented her. She lowered her face.

Sanjay knelt before her unexpectedly and she was wonder struck. Vidya couldn’t move from the chair. Her heart pounded so fast and loud to such an extent she could hear them. She relaxed herself and took a deep breath. Something was glowing in front of her eyes.

“My God!...” She thought.

“Vidhu….. I know, it is so filmy…. But couldn’t do it otherwise…. I copied movies, because I don’t know how to put beautiful otherwise….” Sanjay chocked.

“Will you be mine forever hereafter?” Vidya couldn’t believe what she heard just a second before. She expected least such a thing from him. Suddenly it was like the whole world blooming. The whole library was becoming vacant. A chill breeze entered through the window and hugged them both close. Both felt the breeze soothing same time.

“I started loving you from the very moment you sat in front of me like this for the first time… That’s why I wished to convey my love here….. I don’t know whether you had a feeling for me…. I would be happy if your reply is positive…. But I don’t want to compel you…..” Before completing, he felt a soft touch on his fingers holding the single diamond platinum ring.

All he could see in the next second was Vidya running away from there. He saw his right hand and the ring was missing from there.

Sanjay ran behind her but couldn’t reach her. He reached for the corridor. He could see Vidya running at a distance guarded by heavily pouring rain. Sanjay stood there for few more minutes not believing Vidhya accepting his love. The rain drops scattered by the wind splashed on his face and brought him to senses.

[FONT=&quot](To be continued….):coffee[/FONT]

blissfull, curiousgals78 and swaran like this.

2. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hey that was sweet.. Thought Vidya would take time to decide as she did not show any feelings till date.. Nice going..

1 person likes this.
  3. roshani

roshani New IL'ite

Nice narration....Waiting to hear what happened next...

1 person likes this.
  4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

That was so sweet.....
    waiting for the next post...

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hi Mathu,

Thanks for the feed back :). I too wonder what made her do that. Well, lets see what happens next...

Regards,

6. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hello Roshan,

Thanks for your nice and short feed back. Hope you would continue reading....

Regards,

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Thanks for the feed back and for the continuous support. I am so happy that you still read my story though I am too delayed with my updates...

Regards,

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oh wow....did she really accept...i thought she would give a twist..hehehe

1 person likes this.
  9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Swaran,

Yeah... I think she accepted his proposal :).... Why she did?.... Lets hope she would answer in the forth coming episodes... Please keep reading...

Regards,

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Simi Dear when she agreed for his proposal then what happened........
    Did he get married to her?????
    Oh you are making us wait for a long time can you please post the story a bit faster.... :D