1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Office wear

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by latha kulkarni, Feb 29, 2008.

1. latha kulkarni

latha kulkarni New IL'ite

Hello friends

Can you please say what type of clothes do we need to buy for work. Where can i get them for reasonable prices? Which are the things that i must carry to work. Please give me your suggestions. They are really valuable to me.
    will be waiting for your replies. Thank you.

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Latha - before you invest money in work clothes, what is the dress code at your office? Is this a new job - if so, check with co-workers and see what they are wearing - most offices allow what they call "business casual" or is it more traditional? For business casual, I would invest in a few pairs of black, grey, khaki pants - you can wear them year round with dress shirts, tops, during the summer months and with sweaters during winter. Invest in a couple of good jackets so that if you are required to wear formal wear for meetings. I would shop in Macy's, Dillards, etc. They have good clothes - watch for their sales - you can get very good prices. Right now all winter stuff is on sale -so you could get some nice sweaters, jackets, etc. Kohls is another place that I love to shop.

3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    As stated in prev post u need to know the dress code before you buy clothes. But for the first couple weeks u def need to wear at least business casuals. For business casual u can get good fitting pants in express. I love the fittings in express. Else you can also try in Macy's or New York and Company or Limited. You can get nice formal shirts too in these stores. One thing which u def need to carry is a handbag ;)
    -Priya

4. latha kulkarni

latha kulkarni New IL'ite

Shobhana and Priya thank you very much for your suggestions. I don't know the dress code yet. Thank you.

5. RamyaParasuram

RamyaParasuram Senior IL'ite

I buy my "work clothes" in dress barn and in chadwicks.com. Very reasonable prices.

Rgds,
    Ramya

6. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi latha,

Most of the times buisness casuals (semi formal pants,shirts) works for any type of job, It is better to know your dress code.
    I normally bought my work attire at Mervyns, Target, Sears, JC Penney they are pretty decent and reasonable.

Vidya

7. ranjanmanishasi

ranjanmanishasi New IL'ite

hi
    in india , apart from the western formals one can wear a saree with a decent blouse or a slwar with a proper cut.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  8. BhartiVihaan

BhartiVihaan New IL'ite

Guys, I have found best office dresses , cotton wear and at reasonable prices with this lady laxmifactory who sells online on watsapp,
    Please check with her for amazing dressses at cheap prices:
    WatsApp No : +918087639498