Office Politics!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by BDivya, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Your teammate is simply trying to brag and nothing else. Either keep praising her and her contributions to the team and how important she is until she feels uncomfortable or just let her know that you prefer not to answer questions other than the ones that are related to work. Or you could tell her that it is unprofessional to enquire about a co-worker’s schedule unless they report to her. Or you could even tell her that you dont plan ahead of time, when to for work or return home.

I did not quite get why you had to mention her marital status here and if her behavior is anyway related to her marital status. Also, as someone suggested, please do not talk to her about marriage or issues that could arise if she dosnt get married! It is a very wrong thing to talk about, atleast at workplace. There is a chance that she could report it to your/her supervisor.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  2. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Is it wrong to talk about marriage in work place :flushed:
    I didnt know that.. Good to know @Elsa

3. Indiandil

Indiandil New IL'ite

yes, Even i have faced it Divya. After the experience I learnt and what I did was : if that person start talking coming to my desk I would listen only if it related to work ; if its unrelated to the work I would say I am in the middle of something will catch u later.

I will contact them only when I need to work with them. Also If that person make me to stand and talk when I am going to or from my desk I would listen them if its work related I would def. talk if it's not I would try to skip their question saying catch u later . If she starts putting her nose in to my business I would just say with full of smiles "even if u r busy time u find time to put ur nose in to my business" or "in return I would question something instead of answering her"

Hope this helps

4. annmeevz

annmeevz New IL'ite

Agreed with sweetsmiley!!:innocent: Nice idea..Just try it:beer-toast1:

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

After maternity when I joined , I had this very sweet innocent nieghbour Who used to very sweetly innocently comment on how Iam 5 mins late or how am I early someday ...
    For few days it was really irritating as my office thankfully doesn’t mind the hours but the the work and it’s timelines which by grace has been always excellent .
    After few days I told him I will let HR know if we need some watchman in Office as he is very good at observing someone else schedule and keeping a watch on when one goes and comes . Off course I was sweet & innocent ( at my best ).
    He has stopped as of now .

Amica, sweetsmiley and nakshatra1 like this.
  6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

She is very insecure that's y she is behaving like this. You should take the position of a polite boss. Appraise her for all the tasks she do but always try to be superior to her. For that you can do more study or brush up your skills more. She needs the reward but this should not happen that while rewarding her you lose your identity in the office.