Offering Flowers to Pondicherry Mother on her Birthday :: 21st Feb

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Saisakthi, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

:bowdownOn behalf of IL & Sai Sisters family offering FLOWERS at thy holy feet on the occassion of 135th Birthday celebrations today - 21st Feb 2013 (thursday):bowdown

We were blessed to be present in the Ashram this afternoon and had a peaceful Darshan and sought Blessings for one and all.

As the entire shutters were down today in the UT due to strike, with no planning we just dropped in
    and calmly had Divine Darshan.

Thank You MOTHER and Swami Sri AUROBINDO for the darshan

More ... THE MOTHER
    The Mother was born Mirra Alfassa in Paris on 21 February 1878. A pupil at the Academie Julian, she became an accomplished artist, and also excelled as a pianist and writer. Interested in occultism, she visited Tlemcen, Algeria, in 1905 and l906 to study with the adept Max Theon and his wife. Her primary interest, however, was spiritual development. In Paris she founded a group of spiritual seekers and gave talks to various groups.

In 1914 the Mother voyaged to Pondicherry to meet Sri Aurobindo, whom she at once recognised as the one who for many years had inwardly guided her spiritual development. After a stay of eleven months she was obliged to return to France due to the outbreak of the First World War. A year later she went to Japan for a period of four years.

In April 1920 the Mother rejoined Sri Aurobindo in Pondicherry. When the Sri Aurobindo Ashram was formed in November 1926, Sri Aurobindo entrusted its full material and spiritual charge to the Mother. Under her guidance, which continued for nearly fifty years, the Ashram grew into a large, many-faceted spiritual community. In 1952 she established Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education, and in 1968 an international township, Auroville. The Mother left her body on l7 November 1973.

Mother's Quotes on "THE STUDY"

My Dear Child, The true wisdom is to be ready to learn from whatever source the knowledge can come.

We can learn things from a Flower, an Animal, a Child, if we are always eager to learn more, because there is only one teacher in the world - THE SUPREME LORD and he manifests through everthing.

With all my Love, March 1967

4 people like this.

2. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Thanks SaiSakthi sis for sharing the info abt mother & her quote abt Study.. Yeah.. V have to learn something from each & everything, only if v r interested..
    Thanks once again for sharing the info on Mothers b'day.. May mother bless us all:)

1 person likes this.
  3. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Saisakthi sister for your info about MOTHER and for your prayers.

1 person likes this.
  4. Saisakthi

Glad Mathira Sister, you got to read about Mother on this auspicious day and be Blessed.

May Mother and Baba bless us all. Om sairam

5. Saisakthi

Dear Saras Sister,

:thankyou2:

Actually we have trying to visit Ashram since Jan 01st, but in vain, Even on Mon (18th Feb) just on the verge of clsoing time we missed the entry.

It was Mothers' and Baba's leeals to have pulled us inside the Ashram today on Mother's Birthday.

May BABA bless us all, Om sairam

6. Saisakthi

As I entered looking at the crowd I remembered the occasion, while I prayed for all, specially thought itsmebhagi and Savvyheal beacuse during some other conversations I have heard that about their visits to ashram on these occassions. I really dont know if they also visited Ashram today.

Thanks to Mother for a calm and peaceful darshan.

Om sairam

1 person likes this.
  7. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Saisakthi sister,
    Very happy that you could visit Aurobindo ashram on Mother's Birthday! Thanks for the blessing in the form of the post. I have been there a long time ago,such a beautiful and calm place.

8. Saisakthi

True, we were Blessed to visit Ashram surprisingly, No idea whatsoever about Mother's Birthday, though I remember it is feb.

Yeah, one person of the family visits then the whole family is BLESSED, So all of us are Blessed.

May Mother and Baba bless us all.

1 person likes this.
  9. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Thanks a ton for your prayers!! :)
    I am so glad to see your message here...and the post to signify Mother's Birthday...and the Leela in dragging you to Aashram on Her Birthday, when you did not know that initially!! :)

I visit Aashram every year on Her Birthday, but missed it this dear due to commitments and could not take an off... Happy that you made it, and prayed for all of us too!! :)

I am surprised and happy for the rendition too!! Thanks dear...

10. Saisakthi

Guru Sayee’s & ASHRAM Mother Blessings:

As Mother’s birthday is fast approaching was interested in visiting much earlier to understand the program of the day (21[SUP]st[/SUP] Feb 2014) though we were blessed to just move in to her Samadhi Mandhir last year just by Guru’s blessings.

Some of you who have visited will know that besides the Samadhi there will be a Volunteer sitting on a stool who would offer you Ashram’s Covers for offerings, where you mention your name and address if you need Prasad by post and drop your offerings.

On intervals we do offerings that way, so we thought on Feb 21[SUP]st[/SUP] it would be crowded so we could do that today itself, as my Dh was meditating near the Samadhi, I went forward to ask for the Offering Cover, while the volunteer seated on the stool was turning down couple of people’s request that he has to receive covers from office, Many not interested to wait dropped their offerings without the cover and one or two moved away and that they would do it next time,

But I insisted him to give me cover, so he made me stand and tell others also to wait (if anyone joins me) saying that he would bring covers from office, He went inside from behind his back and came back to tell me that the office is closed and that he would go to the Front office to bring some covers, I was still waiting, but till then no one came..

This time also his attempt was vain he could not coverse me anything as he felt I looked disappointed, in the meanwhile my mind was wandering with thoughts still standing, the volunteer moved forward to get back to the stool to sit again.

LO!!! What a surprise there was ONLY ONE COVER on the stool, he was surprised, looked at me with ashtonishment, he added how to send you off as you were firmly standing here was my request to mother, Mother has blessed you with a cover, when we both realized that no one came around to have kept back a cover, and it is MOTHER ONLY who has Blessed us,

Thank you Guru Sayee and MAA.

11 people like this.