1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Businesses Big And Small

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 2, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Talk of self employment or filling the gaps in the service market, India, I am sure beats all other countries hollow. Indians are an imaginative and enterprising lot. Of late there are apps which enable people to send small packages to others within the city for a small sum of money. For example, if I want to send some dish I have made to a friend who lives say 6-8 kms away from me, I don't have to call her over or go over to hand over the dabba. I call "Dunzo" and for around 60-80 rupees, I can send her the stuff and it gets across in as short a time as 20-30 mins. That is much cheaper than spending almost 130 rupees each way on an auto rickshaw. Besides my back and hers are saved the ride through Bangalores potholes with small remnants of road in between. Brilliant brain, whoever thought this one up.

So it was with considerable interest and amusement that I watched a video on Whatsapp informing viewers about an OLA mobile restroom. I could not help thinking of Kamalji and missing him sorely - he would have made capital of this news! :p

It is not possible, though, to forward whatsapp videos to IL or even to Facebook. The idea was phenomenal, though it raised a lot of questions! How long would one have to wait before the cab arrived? What if the GPS (as is its wont with OLA and UBER) were to play truant? I could not help think of the plight of the driver in the cab!!! His job would be most unenviable!

Today when I opened Google to search for the video, it said it was an April Fools day prank played by OLA. Well, that was a good laugh. All good laughs lead to good things. And so it is that OLA has decided to go into the business, collect public money and set up public toilets, wherever they are needed! My mind boggles. That would mean everywhere, considering any and every spot in India's cities is an open public toilet! One company is going to be extremely busy and is going to need a LOT of money! Time to bring back Mallya and Nirav Modi to India and to collect all the money back from them. That money could serve very important purposes.

SpringB, Gauri03, kkrish and 4 others like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    You have set my mind in motion with this:
    I started thinking which I rarely do these days. If this was a good laugh, what would be a bad laugh? Will that be more guttural than a good one like the laughs of ancient film villains? If good laugh leads to good things, are we to assume that bad laughs will lead to bad things? How can we find the difference between a good laugh and a bad laugh? Do the facial muscles play a greater role to register a bad laugh or do they remain neutral in both good and bad ones? Are the bad laughs more noisy than good ones? Do the eyes start watering in bad laughs as they do in good ones?
    You have tickled my thinking bones, Satchi!
    Sri

umaakumar, Gauri03 and satchitananda like this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

haha...sachi ma'am...yesterday i was searching youtube for this video and was telling my husband about it!

He looked at me like i was crazy and i defended these mobile toilets so much to the extent that he thought it was my idea! :lol::lol:

I wonder what he would say now if i tell him it was a prank!! :BangHead::BangHead:

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

CS, there are various kinds of laughs. A good laugh is just that - one that leaves one feeling happy inside. Then there are, as you said, villainous laughs, the wicked laughs that vamps in soap operas indulge in, the nervous laugh when one is tickled (BTW, now that your thinking bones are tickled, are you laughing nervously), sniggers, hollow laughs which Bertie was often wont to give! So many varieties! Hope that has satisfied your mental appetite now? :grinning-smiley-048:

Cheeniya likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Tell him it was an innovative prank leading to happy consequences!

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Fantastic service, Satchi. I hadn't heard of it. For now hubby is utilizing Swiggy fully. Almost on a daily basis he orders food for a relative in another state! These are excellent services that definitely improve the quality of life.

Mobile toilets would be dream come true for many women. In Pune someone has started it already using a bus. I too received that OLA Video.:)

shyamala1234 and satchitananda like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That’s why I opened your post today which is not APRIL FOOL’s Day.
    2. In some part of CALIF, night soil direct from home collected at their doorsteps on daily or ONCCE in two or three days and PAYMENT MADE INSTANTLY.
    3. THEY set up methane gas plant at far corner of the city.
    OLA & ÜBER - r u listening.
    There is a purpose in everything under the SUN . Oh God thy ways are...
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. Venkat20

Venkat20 Gold IL'ite

I too saw this video and immediately i noticed this is prank because i thought how they dispose the waste, in India we don't have sufficient effluent treatment plant. Till now we dispose in to the sea or lake or open dumping area.. we never bother about the consequences.,

9. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,

More than the snippet, I am happy that there are people in IL who even now fondly recall Kamalji, after a year of his death. He had the innate ability of discussing about the most sensitive, taboo issues, with a dash of humor. Even if the most modern mobile toilets make their presence felt in India, I feel our people are happy to do things openly, including their daily ablutions!

Agatha83

suasin, kkrish and satchitananda like this.
  10. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Ha ha..satchi even i saw that video on whatsapp. I was wondering that ola people have gone crazy.
    I saw one more app called almirah... Do check out. People have innovative ideas...:clap2: