1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Brains, Lack Of Brains And Beauty Sleep

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

In
    In point of fact that seems to me the essential "TRUTH". That is in a state of blissfullness for ever. Thank you. Regards.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Sister. this thread has been at the back of my mind with its excellent thought provoking feedbacks/responses.
    2. I happen to read synopsis of a discourse by Swami Paramathmananda and I think it would be of interest to all who follow this thread. the abridged synopsis is as under:
    Ignorance makes a jivathma identify the atma with the body mind complex. It thus fails to see itself as the essence of satchitananda. Of five kosas, the most subtle is anandamaya also known as karana sarira. It is composed of ananda or bliss and is nearest to the blissful self. It refers to the ego. This state of bliss is recognised in deep sleep state when the senses and mind do not function but still the casual body remains poised between the finite world and the blissful self. The ignorance is something that cannot be explained and is held to be beginningless. But though the origin of the ignorance is untraced, it is shown to have an end when one realises the identity of the “I” as having no relation with the body.
    Thank You. Regards.

satchitananda and jayasala42 like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A nice take on'ignorance'!Bliss starts at the end of ignorance and hence the saying'ignorance is bliss'.If there is no ignorance or delusion, there is no need for all these Gurus to talk about the ultimate Bliss.

Jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.