1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Of Brains, Lack Of Brains And Beauty Sleep

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha may be zero or low IQ is the secret of survival of a species. You see the other great survivor the cockroach. It has beeb around since the age of dinosaurs and even when Hiroshima was nuked Cockroaches remained unscathed. No Brain no pain should replace no "No pain no gain"

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Jelly fish is in the state of bliss.we all want to move at least little to the state if bliss. it is lucky. :sunglasses::angel:

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

If you consider the human brain as a control room, each cell as independently thinking and functioning organism, then, it is easier to understand how Jellyfish survived millions of years. Just visualize the situation of the relationship between human heart and human brain, for example. If heart suffers an attack, it is the brain that communicates to sweat and express the uneasiness. However, if the heart doesn't pump the blood to the brain, it won't be possible for the brain to function. In some cases, brain dead patients continue to live with heart pumping blood. In my view, every cell has brain of its own and the control room governs and manages all of these functions by exception.

In case of Jelly fish, the cell intelligence will run their routines with no control room. They will still feel hunger, need for sleep and so on. That is my logical but not scientific conclusion.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I don't know about jellyfish, Balajee, but frequent run-ins with cockroaches certainly do not tell me that they have a low IQ. They are quick, they are smart when it comes to hiding and no matter how much you smack them (God forgive me for being so violent!!!) they take quite a while to give up their ghosts!

5. satchitananda

Imagine Sindhu! No need for babas and law makers, courts etc. either!

sindmani likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Could be, Viswa! True. They are not totally free of nervous tissue. Maybe sleep is required for those cells to function? Anyway, the more I watch 'science' the more obvious it becomes that there is plenty we think we know, but .....

sindmani likes this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear satchi
    What a snippet and only you can write so nicely about a thought you have had and make others learn about it too. You made me look into jelly fish.i understand that even though they do not have a brain or heart they have some other cells which are far advanced. They have very sensitive neurons which control them and their eyes are equally advanced like humans to steer them. Even though they might be in bliss without thoughts and unavoidable karma due to that but their skin (below epidermis layer) is so sensitive that even a small water splash can hurt or irritate them.
    Well it made me to think all of us will have pain in our own ways right.

I thoroughly enjoyed your snippet and the comments followed. Thank you.
    Vani

satchitananda likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hey Vani! Thanks so much! I suppose that comes through being a 'teacher'. These days teachers don't teach. They 'encourage' students to learn. Many advantages. A teacher is a facilitator and not a know-all. Students learn a lot more and it stays with them, because they find their own way of learning. Teachers also learn a lot through this process.

As for the pain, well, am satisfied that there is no creature in the world that does not share the pain of human beings and other animals. All have karma after all! A comforting thought that!!!

sindmani likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is for sure hitting the bulls eye.
    :hello:with all deference to my senior IL'ite "Fe" sister, I should say according to Hinduism or and belief every creation is produced on account of previous balance of karma which can be positive or negative. according to the quantum of + or - the species - is decided. uncle google conveys that its arm-mouth and anus are at close proximity. no respiratory or other circulatory system and so Jelly Fish created without the need to have a brain or sleep. but all these unrelatable to human spine related problem and so I am wondering .....!!!!?????????????

satchitananda likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Dear Thyagarajan,

Let me try to explain the issues about spines. We human beings and other chordates all have spines which literally speaking have a lot of joints, fluid and the works. One dysfunctions or breaks, we are left groaning at best and bed-ridden at the worst. We won't even be able to flail our hands or legs - unlike the lucky jelly fish which have no spinal cord and therefore no problems of the kind.

Figuratively speaking, with minimal nervous tissue to keep the system functioning, they don't have thoughts, they don't have any issues with other creatures (except if attacked or if they are hungry). So no arguments, no 'standing up' to others, no having to prove they 'have a spine'. Imagine the peace and tranquility. I can imagine the permanent meditative state where the only japa in life is 'food', 'food', 'food', 'mom-mom-mom-mom'.

So that is where the spine came in.

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.