1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Obsession

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Jul 28, 2019.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

T
    Thank you @peddadas for reading the story. :relaxed: I would say it is not a crime story.
    You will soon come to know where is she gone :thinking: Posting the third part soon.

2. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Good going. Eagerly waiting for next chapter to know where she has gone? She told a lie to her masi means preplanned.:facepalm::BangHead:

muggs likes this.
  3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Hey @aarthi28 , thanks for reading the story.:relaxed:
    Unfortunately she is not at home. :worried:

4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot, @FunChin for reading the story.:relaxed: Hope you will enjoy the rest of the story as well.

5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @ratan for reading the story. :)
    That's true, she had definitely something in her mind before leaving from home that day:thumbsup:.

6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 3

After reaching home, everyone headed straight to Shruti’s room. The room has a queen-size bed, a wooden cupboard, a study table, and chair. Shruti has decorated her room very nicely with some handmade crafts, a string of light with her pictures clipped on it. Some were with her parents, friends, and family and few were solos. She also glued a big poster of a famous Bollywood actor who is a youth icon these days. Her clothes are arranged properly in the cupboard. Sudha started looking in different drawers of the cupboard but there was nothing except some cards from her friends, her accessories and some more pictures of her favorite actor. Then she started looking at her dresses. Suddenly something struck her.

“Vinay… The dress which we got for her birthday last year, when you went to Delhi for the conference is not here.” Sudha informed hurriedly.

Everyone looked at Namrata if she knew anything about the dress.

“Didi, she has not given that dress in the laundry. It should be in her cupboard.” Namrata understood their questions and answered instantly.

“Look once again properly.” Vinay asked Sudha.

She checked in every corner. “It is not here. She loved that dress. That means she took it with her.” Sudha sat on the bed disappointed.

“Check her purse if there is any money.” Rohit instructed Namrata.

Rohit and Namrata takes care of Shruti’s daily expenditure but her parents used to give her a fixed amount every month. Namrata asked Shruti to keep it safe and only use it when she really thinks it's necessary. Namrata grabbed her handbag and checked it thoroughly.

She gestured in negative and showed the empty bag to everyone. There wasn’t a single note left in the purse. Gradually it is getting evident that she has gone somewhere with proper planning. They all searched every other thing but couldn’t find anything which can help them to find where or with whom she would have gone.

Next morning, Vinay’s phone rang. It was inspector Imran.

“Yes Inspector, did you get any clue or information?” Vinay asked as soon as he answered the call.

“Our search is going on. Did you all get anything from her room which can help us?” Inspector Imran asked.

“Yes, Inspector.” Vinay told him about the missing dress and money.

“Hmm… Is there anything which she wanted to do or go and you didn’t allow her?” Imran investigated further.

“I don’t think so, sir. She hasn’t asked anything in particular. And whenever she wanted to go out on school trips, we always gave her permission.” Vinay thought and answered.

“Ok… I would like to suggest one thing if you don’t have any objection. I want you to share her details on social media and asked your friends and family to share it further as much as possible. This has helped in many cases.” Inspector suggested.

Vinay turned silent thinking about his and her daughter’s reputation if everyone gets to know that she has gone somewhere from the house.

“Look, Mr. Vinay, I know what are you thinking. That’s why I said it is your decision. But I can only say that this time the most important thing is we find her safe and sound and don’t think much about everything else.” Imran understood his anxiety.

“You are right Sir. I will do it right away.” A father has to agree.

“I will call you if we get any information further.” Imran hung up the call.

Vinay and Rohit shared a detailed post with Shruti’s picture on different social media platforms and asked everyone to help them in finding Shruti. This is the magic of social media, that the post goes viral within hours. Vinay and Sudha started getting calls from different relatives and friends. Some were very supportive and helped in every possible way. Some were started gossiping and started questioning about the girl and her character, why to send her to another city for studies, must be any boy involved, and even her upbringing, parent’s mistake to give freedom, not taking care of her daughter and all different kinds of comments. Sudha and Vinay listened to everything without uttering a single word. This time the only important thing was to get any information about Shruti’s whereabouts.

Another day was getting ended and still, no ray of hope is seen. Namrata forcefully fed her sister a little bit. Sudha’s condition is getting worse and her tears were not stopping. Vinay was not either in less pain but somehow handling himself. Around 9 P.M. at night, Imran called and whatever he told gave them another big shock.

“We have investigated further and check different CCTV footages of Train Station and Bus stops. Shruti has seen in one of the footages from Lucknow Railway Station Entrance CCTV.” Imran informed them.

“What? Railway Station? Why would have she gone there? Did she go out of the city?” Vinay couldn’t believe and his anxious mind fired so many questions.

“Look Sir, we couldn’t get any further information yet like where would she have gone or which train she would have boarded. We are still investigating and alerted the Railway Police as well.” Imran responded.

“Ohh, God… My daughter… where and why did she go without telling us anything?” Sudha’s patience is now broke completely. Fear of something bad happened to Shruti made everyone restless.

Sharing the news on social media caught everyone’s attention to the case. Few social and political workers also started following the case and reaching to Police department pressurizing them to take quick actions.

Adharv, VinuthaS, ratan and 2 others like this.
  7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

lucknow..did she go to chase her passion or help someone with somehting.....curiosity increased @muggs

muggs likes this.
  8. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

is she going to see her favorite actor? ... good story and liked the gripping narration..way to go muggs

Tamrakshar and muggs like this.
  9. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

@muggs , Nice story.

I feel Shruti must have some noble cause in mind & she will surely comback safely.

waiting for next part.

muggs likes this.
  10. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Interesting story...waiting for the next episode.

muggs likes this.