1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Objective of this Sub-Forum

Discussion in 'At Home' started by Kamla, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya

Dear Vidya (vMur),

The tip on killing weeds was very useful. Shall try it out ASAp since my garden is choked.

Pls do post pics of the liners. I must have thrown away atleast three sets of soiled table mats.

regards
    Vidya24

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya/MeenaPrakash/Kamla,
    Please bear with me, I will post the pics for sure this weekend!
    Regards
    Vidya

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Boiling water!

Hi Vidya,
    Just read your 'Who am I'. You live quite close to me, we really should do something about an IL meet in our area:)
    Your tips for weeds are very timely, I have to look up this stuff you mention. Living in Germany for all these years, we have become quite 'earth' conscious!! Chemical weed killers were a big no no there. US seems to be very relaxed in this sense! But then, is that not the complaint the world has about the big brother US?:))
    Boiling water for weeds sounds good, shall put the kettle on!
    Sudha, you can get a burner in Germany at the DIY shops. It works like a torch and you burn the weeds away. That's what we used when in Germany and it was very effective. Just for your info.

L, Kamla

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Really?!

I did not know that piece of info Meena..believe me, I am not in anyway connected to the sponsors of that programme ;)))))
    I have not watched Travel & Living I think. There are so many such progms, I get confused with them though. But I do know 'While you were out' and it is fun to watch it. Some of it is surely staged, no doubt!
    L, Kamla

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Here is a picture of the Liners

Hi Everybody,

Here is the picture of the liners I promised!..

Regards
    Vidya

Attached Files:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Carpet Stain removers

Hi All,

Am sure that all of us face this problem , with our carpets. So how about sharing what works best for everyone.

For me, i find the mixing 1part vinegar( white) to 2 parts water and then spraying the stained area with it. Leave it to soak for few minutes. Then scrub the area with the scotch brite sponge and wipe it clean with cold water. This work great and the spots are gone. This has worked for me for stains ranging from manjal podi , cofee , wine, chocolates, paint etc.....

Vandhana

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Great going ladies.. I love this subforum, many useful things are coming up.

Very nice table setup vmur.. I have one round glass small table(serving many purposes other than dining table) which I am trying to change for a long time.. Planning to buy a big wood one like yours soon.

Carper cleaning, Im using 'Resolve' carper cleaner. I found that very effective for cleaning any stain. Im gonna try vandhana's idea with vinegar sometime..

Keep it coming ladies!!

:)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

thank you, dear!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Vmur,

thanks for the pictures of liners. You really have taken pain to take the pic to show the liners clearly.
    Your table looks neat & perfect.
    I do have a query here.
    won't the plates / dish slide away without the natural grip of the mats????
    have you faced any such problem????

Regards,

Meena

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Detailed pics

Dear Vidya,

Those were very well taken and very instructive pictures Vidya. Good job and thanks for posting them for our benefit. Keep more good tips coming our way.

L, Kamla

10. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Liners

Hi everybody,

I am glad everybody liked the pictures on the liners/tablemats.

Meena, the dishes or plates won't slip away. The liner will hold them in place. If you place the liner with the correct measurements you will not have any problems.

I usually get the liners from Walmart. You get them in Bed-Bath-Beyond too, but the sizes are preset. In Walmart, go to the crafts section and ask for Vinyl table cloth and liners. They will cut exactly according to your measurements.

The Liners are very cheap and are available in varying thickness. I paid only $7 for 56x90 inches. So you can throw them away once in two-three months and buy a new one if there is a lot of wear and tear. However, mine has lasted for over 7 months and is still going strong :).

Meena, I see you are from Bangalore. I don't know where you live, but I have seen liners in Jayanagar (4th Block) and Malleshwaram (8th Block) shopping center with a lot of designs on them. They are sold as vinyl table cloths.

Regards
    Vidya