1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nursing Dress/Bra

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Vishalini3, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Mommies,

Bra - Am not quiet happy with my Naidu hall one. It has button on the top, near the strip. Is there any better brand, model available and you found it easy for daily wear?
    Dress - Other than the front open salwar and saree, what other special dresses are there? For NIP (nursing in public?)

TIA.

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Pon, Have you tried all the varieties of naiduhall.. I feel comfortable with the 'Intimacy' variety of Naiduhall.. Do try that.. I am also looking for NIP dresses..

Vidyaa

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

My recommendation - Triumph's nursing bras. Pricey but worth every rupee. Lifestyle has them.

Clothes - I only ever wore a salwar or a saree to nurse outside. I guess if you girls wear jeans/pants then a regular front-open shirt/blouse would do the job too.

V.

4. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Thanks V, let me try Triumph and let u know.
    I wear salwars and find them to be the best.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Triumph and lovable here - I liked the lovable one better because I could hook and unhook with one hand, not so much with triumph - but that could have been just klutz-y ol me. At around 1.5 years after I had K, I found a fantastic maternity spaghetti top at Mothercare that gave me excellent support and discretion, no tummy exposed while I latched. I used mostly front open shirts - K never would nurse in a saree, though that it's the most discretest of nursing wear. Mothercare has reasonably good nursing wear, if you are upto it.

VidyaaJ likes this.
  6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

the only ones i hv used are lovable.... and they are good...

about nursing tops... i still havent purchased any :D i quickly jump into the car and do the job

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Krithika, Vanathi, Poonam, Will try triumph and lovable.
    Vidyaa, intimacy ones - last time for DD, it worked well for me, this time, dono, somehow am finding it clumpsy! May be the fitting part, the material, i dono!

8. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

u might aslo want to try the 'sonari' feeding bra. there are 2 kinds in it.. one with velcro(195 rs) and other with a hook (170 rs) .
    velcro is waste of money as it does not support the breast esp when its full. i would recommend the other hook bra.. keeps up the breast and prevents sagging..

hth

9. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Jhalli, Thankyou sooo much. Where can I get one in Chennai? Any specific area/shop?
    TIA.

10. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Pon, I find Daisy dee is very comfy. It has a plastic clasp that is easy to undo and clasp again. Not very pricey too. I agree, the Naidu hall ones are yuck! I never tried it past the trial room!