Nursery/Preschool/Playschool/Kindergarten Queries!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by peekyboo, Mar 13, 2008.

Which school does your child go to?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2009.
  1. Indian School

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Local School

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi San,

The age eligibility for children in kidergarten is different here than back home dear. Here they have 4 yrs of kidergarten - pre nursery, nursery, k1, k2 starting at 2 yrs complete, while ours is 3 yrs of prekg, lkg, and ukg from 2.5 yrs. So the child will lose 1 yr. same for primary also, here it is 6 complete to enter P1, while ours is 5 yrs complete for 1st std.

While prenursery and nursery is not mandatory the age limit is strictly followed in local schools. Indian schools have a similar age eligibility like in india. But if you are going back the next year, it is better to go for local school and put her in prenursery and take her back and put in UKG when you go back. Because the international schools are slightly expensive.

You can enquire the indian schools or check the websites to see their age eligibility and fee structure and decide based on it.

2. priya31

priya31 New IL'ite

Re: Khalsa kindergarten

Hi ILites Admin,

Could u please remove my conatct number in the below message. I keep getting calls to this mobile.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
  3. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

Re: Khalsa kindergarten

Hi friends
    Now my son is Nursery and currently going to PAP. Iam happy with that but from January we are going to shift our house so planned to change his school. Is anyone sending their child to MFC( Montessori for children) , I saw that site and it's very good but want to know from parents about it and we didn't visit the school.
    How is Khalsa and Satya sai kindergarten ?
    Thanks in advance

4. Gopvan

Gopvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Couple of my friends go to Khalsa and Sathya Sai. Both have very good reputation. Sathyasai is good with lot of Indian kids. Khalsa I heard is good in preparing the kids for primary school. Sarada Kindergarten is also another good school. Many Indian kids go to these 3 schools.

5. Tavishi25

Tavishi25 Gold IL'ite

thanks Gopvan
    we didnt get admission in Sarada its online na ,its difficult to get admission in Sarada,
    k i will visit those two schools

6. Kamala8

Kamala8 New IL'ite

Hi,

We just moved to singapore. I need some information on PAP schools:
    1. Do they have Hindi as Mother tongue/2nd Language?
    2. I'm here on Employment Pass. Is my child eligible to get admission into PAP school? Is PR mandatory to get admission into PAP?

Let me know details. Appreciate your help!!

:cheers
    Kamala

7. saranp

saranp New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Does any of your child going to Yuvabharathi international school?If so can you please share the info regarding the school teaching,syllabus etc...Currently my daughter is going to Local school for the class N2.We are planning to put her in to LKG in Indian school.But the Fees in GIS,NPS are higher.But Yuvabharathi seems to bit affordable.what do you think?Is that school good?But I have a second thought also to make her continue in the local school for the Kindergarten and join her in Indian school from primary one..
    I have to decide it now as we have to shift the house next month.So deciding the school would help us find a house near my DD's school..I am in a confused state now..Hope ladies here can help me...Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Saranya

8. deepvenkatesh

deepvenkatesh New IL'ite

Hi Saranya,

Wht did u do for ur child..im in a same state of mind..whether to put my child in indian school then she be able to adapt to local school...can u giv me some suggestions..i'm shifting to sengkang in few months..

9. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies...
    Anyone know Good Kindergarten in Tam pines East Area...for 3yrs girl..I heard
    River life
    Shalom kindergarten
    Bethesda
    Pentecost
    is good Please suggest..Thanks

10. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

KINDERGARTEN FOR PRE-NURSERY
    Hi Ladies...
    Anyone know Good Kindergarten in Tam pines East Area...for 3yrs girl..I heard
    River life
    Shalom kindergarten
    Bethesda
    Pentecost
    is good Please suggest..Thanks