Nursery/Preschool/Playschool/Kindergarten Queries!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by peekyboo, Mar 13, 2008.

Which school does your child go to?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2009.
  1. Indian School

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Local School

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. sukanya123

sukanya123 New IL'ite

crying in playgroup

Hi,

My son aged 2 1/2 yrs has just started attending playgroup since 1st week of jan. For the first 2 weeks the class was for 1 hour and 2 hours from the 3rd week. initially my son was very happy to go to school and i had no problem. even in the 3rd week he seemed to be ok. But from monday onwards(4th week), everyday he comes out crying badly. The teacher told me yesterday he started crying somewhere 20 min before leaving time and today even more earlier half an hour before leaving time. But he is happy to go to school in the morning.

i am not able to understand what could be the problem. Is he bored or something ? has anybody experienced this before? pls share ur views. i am very tensed and worried. moreover, he still isnt very good in expressing himself (not talking much),so i am not able to understand the problem from him.

thanks for ur replies
    sukanya

2. auctions97

auctions97 New IL'ite

Re: School admission in Singapore

the best way to know is you check it with the school itself and with MOE

3. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Re: crying in playgroup

hai dear
    Try checking if he is hungry because children at home they use to have something every 1.5 hrs or two . When he is happy and enjoying going school , means he is not averted to it . Also chk his diapers ,

whaterever it is , try talking to your kid slowly for few many times constantly , giving him options like " Why did u cry did u feel hungry ? did u search for me? did anyone touch u ?( sometimes it might be harsh for him ) or did any other children snatch your toy that u were playing..... ....because he can express himself to his mother when he is not comfortable with something. ? He is a child not an infant ,so as a mother be confident that u can pull out , either as actions or bit bit words, what is in your son's heart .

Apart from this talk to his teachers asking what made him to cry , and tell them to care him more during the last session of his class as he tends to cry only then .

Dont worry ,things will be ok .
    All the best
    rgds
    chamu

4. sukanya123

sukanya123 New IL'ite

Hi chamu,

Thanks a lot for your reply. yesterday and today my son did not cry. as you said, the teacher told me that she spent more time with him during the last session of the class talking to him and he was ok. may be he wanted more attention. Hope he stays fine the next week too.

regards,
    sukanya

5. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

hai sukanya

nice to hear that yr lilone is settling at his school . All the best.

rgds
    chamu

6. HinaKhot

HinaKhot New IL'ite

Hi

Would anyone please let me know if you have experienced the bridging course in Yuva bharti?

Is the school , teachers etc....Good.

Your experience would be of immense help.

:thankyou2:
    Hina

7. preeti12r

preeti12r New IL'ite

Re: Khalsa kindergarten

Hi Sukanaya,

i am planning to put my daughter in khalsa kindergarten for next year in K1. I wanted to know how is the school like.
    I am worried because when we went for registration we got a place very easily & they still have vacancies for this year, no waiting period. My concern is if the school is good & is offering hindi as MT , why are vacancies available in the middle of the session. I know I am being a bit Kiasu, but that's what happens when u stay in singapore.

will highly appreciate your response

Thanks
    Gurpreet

8. been27

been27 New IL'ite

good nursery school in sengkang

hi ladies,

i'm moving to sengkang from usa in the next couple of months....have a
    2 1/2 yr old son.....can anybody suggest good nursery school in the sengkang area......

thanks in advance
    :thankyou2:

9. sukanya123

sukanya123 New IL'ite

Hi Gurpeet,

Sorry for the late reply. I was just trying to get feedback from the iLites about Khalsa Kindergarten. Sorry, I do not have any info about the KG. But i have read good feedback about it from some other forums.

Welcome to Khalsa Kindergarten

Regards,
    Sukanya

10. loveanbu

loveanbu New IL'ite

Play School at Bedok Singapore

Hi Friends,

Can any one please recommand me a playschool for my daughter 2yrs old near or at bedok north ave 1. Thanks

Anbu