Nursery/Preschool/Playschool/Kindergarten Queries!

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by peekyboo, Mar 13, 2008.

Which school does your child go to?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2009.
  1. Indian School

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Local School

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Hii mummies from India..I need some info.I believe some of you do watch the Zee Tv channell..has anyone heard of Kidzee pre-school....can you give me some info on whether it is recognised or good ..??

Reason is because I am thinking of having a franchise in Singapore..for our own Indian children.. so hope to gather some info first.:help

2. sangs.srinivas

sangs.srinivas New IL'ite

Re: KidZee

hai,
    They have so many braches all over India and it is a good one because my neice was there in that school and he had a good fun in that.
    Their approach was also good.
    Trying for a franchise is a good idea.
    All the best. :coffee
    Sangeethabonk

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Hi Sangeetha,

Thank you very much for a reply. At least someone did reply. There is 1 centre opened in Singapore now, and I am thinking of opening one in the west. Seems like lots of indians are staying there.

Thanks for the feedback.Bow

4. kzindia08

kzindia08 New IL'ite

KIDZEE is already in Singapore at #01-01 Sherwood Towers (Bukit Timah Plaza).

5. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

yeap I know that.But I was looking in to the East area

6. kavithasiva

kavithasiva New IL'ite

Dear Singapore ILS,

I joined to this ILS site today. It seems to be very informative. Now My son is 2 1/2 yeras old. Lateron we are planning to settle back in india. so i want to put my son in indian schools. which is best(edu) and reasonable(cost) schools in singapore apart from GIIS and DPS. still he will not spk much. is he able to manage, if i will put him in school? which is the 1st and 2nd language in GIIS and DPS. Anybody can help me regarding this issue?

Cheers,
    Kavi

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kavi,

Welcome to Indusladies.

Since you have addressed to members in Singapore, and have some queries to them,, I guess it should be placed in the appropriate forum, for them to view and help you.
    So, I am moving you post here.

You will be helped by our members. All the best:thumbsup

Bye

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  8. sweta singh

sweta singh New IL'ite

re: Nursery/Preschool/Playschool/Kindergarten Queries!

Hi There

I wanted to ask you if you have pursued to open kidzee in east area.I am looking for job as preschool teacher.please reply

9. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Pre School in West

Hello Friends in the West!!

I've been hunting for a play school for my 2yr old daughter. But couldnt decide on one. If you are residing in the West, esp around Bukit Batok can you tell me which one is good.

I would like to know the montessori and kindergarten, or even enrichment classes. She has less chance of interacting with her age group, that is why I need some activity for her.

Thanks
    Poornima.

10. peekyboo

peekyboo Senior IL'ite

Re: Pre School in West

:hiya hii ..poorni... well i stay in the west. My recommendations will always be Modern Montessori..however, you mentioned that your child is only 2..i think you should start her with Tumble Tots first ..they have many branches..as for places like Montessori ,,its best if your child is at least 2.5 yrs of age,

Do go down to the centres and look personally the class and speak to the teachers.. Dont make an appt ..always pop by.. Also,for tumble Tots ,take a trial lesson first .. then at least you can see if its worth it or not. :) :thumbsup