Nursery/kindergarten -TECOM

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by rics, Jun 13, 2011.

1. rics

rics New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Hi to one and all!

I am a new member of this wonderful forum. I live in TECOM area and is actively in search of a good nursery to enroll my 2 yrs old daughter for the September session.

Also would love to interact with other ladies living in the close vicinity.

Hoping to receive good response on my very first post.

Thanks!

Richa

2. 77margo

77margo New IL'ite

hi there,
    I too live in TECOM very close to Grand Millienium hotel and i too am looking out for a good preschool for my 2 year old. Where do you live,

3. 77margo

77margo New IL'ite

hi there, i too live in tecom, close to grand millienium hotel. I have a little girl who'll turn 2 nxt mth. I guess we're sailing in the same boat. WOuld love to hear from you.
    Margo

4. rics

rics New IL'ite

Hi dear Margo,

I live just near DIC metro station. Good to hear from you. I have shortlisted few nurseries for my daughter but search is still on.

Since we are living nearby, lets plan to meet. lemme know yr thoughts on it.

BR
    Richa

5. queendubai

queendubai New IL'ite

my 3 yr ol goes to chubby cheeks nursery behind ibn battuta mall. shud be close to you i guess

6. 77margo

77margo New IL'ite

hey rics nice to hear from you, sorry didnt reply earlier just busy with stuff this weekend. Would love to meet up soon, why dont you suggest a date and time, pref in the evening would be better dont you think. hope to hear from you soon,

Margo

7. chimichanga

chimichanga New IL'ite

Hi Margo,
    I live in Tecom too, near the metro station. My son is almost 2. I am contemplating sending him to play school too. Did you manage any?

Chimi

8. dmisra

dmisra New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Joined the forum just now! I am presently staying in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, but thinking of shifting to Dubai TECOM area in the near future (maybe in Oct.)..I have a 2 year old son, and I too want to know of any good nurseries in that area where I can enroll him..Please share any info. that you may have in this regard..

Richa, Margo, Chimi - where do you all stay? I mean, can u suggest some good buildings there where we can look for apartments..? I searched some on the net - Madison Residency, Oasis Residency, Al Noor Towers etc. I want to stay as close to Metro station as possible..Also, how close are supermarkets to these buildings?

Thanks!

Divya

9. chimichanga

chimichanga New IL'ite

Hi Divya,

I live in Tecom. As for your question on supermarkets, don't worry there are supermarkets as well as grocery stores. Do check out Crown Residence, Rania etc. I can't quite recommend a place as it entirely depends on your budget. The next time you come to Dubai just check the area near the metro station, note their numbers and give them a call atleast you will know what apartments are closest and the distance you are willing to travel from your house to the station.

I am looking for nurseries too. There is seashell and chubby cheeks. There are few in umm suqeim. I think nurseries will be atleast 5 kms from tecom.

Chimi

10. 77margo

77margo New IL'ite

hi all,
    sorry haven't kept in touch, just that my folks are down and busy with them, also my toddler wasn't keeping well but now she's fine. Well Chimi and Rics we could meet up sometime for sure, i do come to the metro for a walk with my little girl, and to meet you guys there would be just nice. But not till the 5th of Aug as am too busy with my folks down taking them here n there.
    @Chimi, i live very close to Grand Millienium hotel. Regarding the play school thingi, i'm actually thinking of going back to Pune, where i'm from since my hubby's project might b over in June, but things are still not confirmed. But how is this seashell and chubby cheeks, my only prob is dropping her and picking her up, i cant live with the idea of letting her go in a bus.
    N e way, lets meet up ok.

Maargo