Nursary in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Prajacta, Jan 30, 2012.

1. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi avnipriya

radiesnt nursery is not an indian nurserry its run by arabic professionals.1) its a daycare centre which offers facilities with an minimal fees . so u would have found lot of our national kids there.
    2) it has nursery but no Kg section . instead they follow M1 &M II format which is mainly followed by british cirriculam .
    3) while taking admission in Indian CBSE for grade 1 earlier it was not a great matter as they didnot ask for any any documents regarding the kids kg edu. but now its a big issue. they want each and every document regarding the kids .
    4) age criteria for Indian cbse school is different than arabic and british sc hool.
    5)little bud and other nurseries around take admisssion for their nursery session throuout the year. but when it comes to kg section its just 1 time in a year. kindly check with the school u mentioned they will surely clarify the mis understanding

2. Avnipriya

Avnipriya New IL'ite

Hi Navis,

I am still looking for answers :)

Is M1 and M2 not considered as kg1 and kg2 equivalent for admission into Indian Schools here ?

Many Thanks for your patience.

Priyanka

3. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, priyanka

most of the indian curriculam is based for written and mental exercise.whereas other national curriculam follows oral, speech and play--way method of learning.

coming to ur part
    1) kg1&2 frm indian curiculam is based on mainly written , reading and mental aritmatic . so when the kid enters grade1 they already have the base and most of the kids are fluent in reading and have speed in writing . which onotherhand makes them to write or form sentence on their ownand makes the work easy
    2)M1&2from othr cur.id based on reading, understanding, speaking and playway mtd of teaching. stress free learning process for kids but written part they give kids their own time, but they follow up paintings, drawing crafts..............

so if the kid after completing M1&M2 then continues to be ina A,O level school then it wont be a great difficult for kids to cope up with their syllabus. but if u tent to change, then as a parent u have to really work with the kid for their writting speed in cursive letters

3) indian syllabus start with arabic readin and writing(basic) practise in their kg levels and introduce one indian optional language(hindi,french,malyalam)in grade1itself .

so enrolling kid in any curicullam in kg level wont trouble u in getting admission in grade1 in any curiculam school but parents have to work more with the kids if they tend to change.as the kids have to give a written entrence exam for admission in cbse indian schools for all levels.

4. Avnipriya

Avnipriya New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Navis for your inputs. you have provided a lot of useful info. Really appreciate.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. zahiya

zahiya New IL'ite

Hi Avnipriya, I would like to give you some info about Radiant Montessori. My son goes to Radiant Montessori currently and is in M II class. This is the equivalent of KG 2. It is run by a proficient lady called Mrs Fareena and she is non-arab. There are many Indian and local children. The teachers are lovely and they can handle the children very well though they are not indians. the fees is 5k per term. Once the kids complete the M II course , most of them go to different schools catering to various curriculum like British, Indian and Arabic. If you talk to the principal , she will give you a fair idea as to whether this school is suitable for your child or not. Hope this info helps you.

Thanks, Zahiya

6. vipsy

vipsy Senior IL'ite

hi alll,navis,i think u hv provided so mch info on playgroups, sp kindly if any sugg for leens nursery?as i m confused between saras nursery n leens?i dont hv mch time also to take admission so plz sugg....

7. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, vipsy

saras dont give out admission on mid term ( during september)if u do have strong recommendations then might work out. leens nursery do give if they have available seats,heared good reviews abt the school. ( heard only playgroup & kg section will be continued frm next yr as leens will be closing down their primary section due to new rules.

8. vipsy

vipsy Senior IL'ite

hey thanks navis,
    i was jus waiting for ur reply,n i thgt i ll b notified thru my email,but i wasnt...how do i know if i got reply for my post? do i need to chk everydy logging in n seeing my post?

anyways,yes in saras nursery they didnt hv seats n very particular about agegroup as well,as rgt now my son is 2.8 years.i asked thm for next years admission n they said due to age limit he will nt get admission next year also.dont know y?

Thn i went to leens,they said,they will b taking my child for playgroup now ,since nursery admissions r full.i wanted to put him in nursery,but he need to repeat the whole year in tht case..
    Thn i went to littlebuds(on al falah street),thr d principle said tht till my child turns 3,he will b in playgroup,i.e till jan n thn directly thy will shift into nursery,wh i found good,as my son wont b repeating d whole year in playgroup,,,so i m considering littlebuds but nt sure about thr education pattern..so is tht a good nursery?i m gonna tk admission mostly tomorrow....thanks in advance

9. melaiene

melaiene Bronze IL'ite

As far my knowledge a child who turns 3 years on April should be enrolled in KG1 for 2013 and not nursery. If your child is less than now then he/she should be in nursery now,even if your child is in playgroup is fine,but considering age for KG you should be enrolling your child in KG1 for 2013. Can someone rectify, Navis....??

10. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

i agree with mel, if your child is turning 3 in jan, he can join kg1 in april. my dd turned 3 last dec. at that time i enrolled her in nursery at noah's ark until march and in april she joined kg1. my suggestion would be to enroll your child in nursery somewhere for now but look for a proper kg1 for april. but if you wish to wait, you can wait another year until your child is 4 to enroll for kg1 though i've heard there can be some restrictions in certain schools with age - only you can decide if your child is ready.
    sara nursery was very particular abt age as well when i went, it can be difficult to get admission. my friend's child went to little buds and she seemed happy with it. if you can though, i would check out noah's ark as well before making a decision.

1 person likes this.