1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nuclear Vs Joint family

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by riefa, Dec 14, 2011.

Nuclear or Joint family, which one you prefer

1. nuclear family

86.1%
  2. joint family

2.5%
  3. joint family with boundaries

11.4%
  1. kumuda4

kumuda4 New IL'ite

Everybodies prefer nuclear family. In Joint family so many problems. From starting of Marriage interview time :
    1) Marriage interview times boys parents, sisters, brothers, and his wives will interfere for everything.
    2) For marriage they will demand much and more.
    3) they will put conditions : traditional, finaciall everything.
    4) Marriage time Girl parents should take care boys complete family members, give respect to boy side one small child also.
    5) after marriage girls parents easily cannot possible to come to girls house. (because of laws- and their families big headache)
    6) boy sister often and often she may come for delivery or some other case. girl should take care and suffer.
    7) boys family suffering from finance in that time girl should give finance help.

Because of so many reasons nuclear family is good. nuclear family means boys parents or brother or sisters also not come always.

2. kumuda4

kumuda4 New IL'ite

yours idea is good. Nuclear family is good. you don't stay near to your brother house or your mother house. Happily you live with your family (with husband and children) . Yearly once or twice you meet your parents and brother. After marriage your brother also happy from your decision. they can also enjoy nuclear life.
    All the best.

3. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

During my early 20s I always dreamt of having a huuuge house....1 floor we...1 floor my parents...1 floor inlaws!!!:rotflNow I know that "Reality itself both Bites & Stings"

1. My distant relative bot 2 houses in an apartment as wedding gift to each of his twin sons...And the retired he and his yet to retire wife stayed 10mins away at their home....Evening walks they would come to see grand children....
    We admired the parents, sons and DILs for such a co-living! Envied them....
    Until one fine day one son moved abroad and other son moved to another state!!
    Now the slowly aging parents are growing all insecure hmm....

2. Another friends MIL is a widow....but wants to be independent...so they have rented a small place in their street and fine with the arrangement...most nights she comes for dinner and sleeps at this sons house...and day time back to her home!

I have made it clear to DH....eventually when I have to patch things up with ILs, I would prefer inlaws staying in the next lane! Or at max we stay on the top floor and they on the ground..

4. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

If I had the option, I would pick only nuclear family but since that's not practical in my case I will have to say there needs to be boundaries when living together.

5. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

I have suffered a lot from last 6 years while staying in joint family with my IL but i think its better to stay independent with DH and (kids in future). Always the adjustment are to be made from DIL side so i think its very unfair. Better stay seperately and stay happily or stay together but with lot of fights & bad behaviour and bad feelings about each other.

6. luc

luc Silver IL'ite

Ok I would prefer jf given that we live in different floors. One building with different floors I can't live under the same roof with my pil though they are very nice people but I can control myself when I get upset.