1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nuclear Vs Joint family

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by riefa, Dec 14, 2011.

Nuclear or Joint family, which one you prefer

1. nuclear family

86.1%
  2. joint family

2.5%
  3. joint family with boundaries

11.4%
  1. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

hi monita..
    Gotta start new thread with that -do you want your brother to stay in joint family- nice thought..

2 people like this.
  3. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Hi Reifa,
    Please read my post that you quoted. You will get your answer.

4. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Nuclear Family......Stay together and stay Apart i think would be best like stay at nearby houses/apartments as two different families . This way taking care of elders would be possible while enjoying life on your terms. Live and Let live policy is the best. Somehow ideas of two different generations don't sync at all. I would even advice my parents and brother two stay as two different families.

4 people like this.
  5. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

@ monita..
    Yes, I got the answer. By the way it is a nice thought to see this problem from another side. It is common that DIL wants to stay apart from JF, now how it would be if this thing happen to your family (suppose your babhi wants to stay apart leaving your parents alone)??
    In my family, 2 brothers 1 sister all live independent after marriage. In fact, my father only gave new house to each my brother to live with their wives.

Nice to know you

1 person likes this.
  6. riefa

riefa Bronze IL'ite

Yes, i always think this as an option if want to live separate without any problem. Some in laws are loving and caring, but anyhow we gotta live our own life...without ignoring them

1 person likes this.
  7. prachii

prachii New IL'ite

my vote definitely nuclear family. no problems with in-laws but living under the same roof will bring about differences in the long run, that's my 2 cents.

I am a tom-boy so my dressing, hair and the way i organise my home everyday doesnot match with ILs. I don't want them complaining to me or DH about those because that would be putting boundaries to my personal choices. Plus, I don't want to change it for the sake of seeing them happy.....appearances do not count, character does!

8. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Yeah my MIL is very sweet person...so is my FIL. But even then I would prefer stay together stay apart....it avoids potential problems. :)

2 people like this.
  9. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

there is no joint family exist in the urban. they might be in the villages where the marriages happen within the big family of paternal and maternal relatives live in the same single big house which is wonderful... that is joint family. rather a gal alone comes to live with the boy and his parents and relatives from nowhere is NOT at all should be called a joint family. its not justified. if my inlaws and hubby support joint family system i wud tell oh yea, lets bring my parents and relatives to the same house and live jointly...how that wud sound to them huh?! then dont justify a son live with his parents after marriage in the name of JOINT FAMILY. thats bogus. the majority votes says it all.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

We are staying independent and i would like to stay in a nuclear family. I have a brother and i would suggest him to be in a nuclear family only. Everyone has their own way of living and we cant adjust to our parents/PIL's since they have lived so long like this. Its better to be way from them and have a healthy relationship.

I want my mother to have a good relationship with her DIL, and my mother have already decided to send them as a separate family once my brother gets married, this way there will be less tensions/worries.

1 person likes this.