1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Now And Then, I Think Of Then And Now!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

I am having a fan moment right now.... You have replied me :banana::banana:

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:மோர் மெரினா are the 2 M’s comes to my mind.sun’s transit from Uttar to north perhaps significant in ecology and agriculture. Other parts are nostalgic thanks about watching 3 to four movies in a row.
    Regards and God Bless Us All Always.

kaniths likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Sir,

Me again! I forgot to share something I meant to earlier. So here i am!

Talking of two M's,
    just the other day my students go "Mrs.S "What comes twice in a moment, once in a minute and never in a life time?" I was all smiles.

Anyways, the only M's that come twice and are meaningless are
    [​IMG]
    - not too much not too little...can eat only so much and not more! I love them :)

kaniths, jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Mmmmmmmm.... that is delicious indeed. This mm NA here. I could associate 2 m’s in Tamil மோர் (butter milk) & மெரினா (beach) .

5. sonishah32

sonishah32 Junior IL'ite

Very interesting use of words at right place. You definitely took me through a tour of pooja in the boat of this article. Keep Posting!

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya sir, it’s very good to read about your Then and Now, Now and then. Nice to know about how you spent your Sivaratri when young. Hand grinder for Coffee ? Wow never seen it. The smell must be wonderful from fresh coffee. I have heard that it’s beneficial to keep ones spine erect on that night when energy is abundant and simply receive it.
    I Came across this video “Ganga - Rs/ 50000 and Cauvery - 500” what a ridiculous charge ? Maybe Jaggi will become richer than our Balaji (Tirumala) soon...

8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I remember those times, where my 80 year old MIL a devout, pious lady, used to observe a strict viratham on Sivaratri, partaking fruits only once and chanting Shiva sthuthi the entire night, with an offering of Vilva leaves to Lord Shiva.
    But nowadays Shivaratri has become a celebration replete with singing and dancing, with no trace of an iota of Bhakti. I came to know that this centre collected large sums of money from devotees, who had gathered from far off corners, just to have a glimpse of Aadhi Yoga. So why this farce of turning a religious event in to a commercial one.
    Another ritual is that of offering milk as abhishekam to the God which simply goes down the drain. This happens in a country where scores of kids stay hungry, without their daily share of milk.
    I only wish we celebrate festivals with more devotion and less of pomp and entertainment. God help us. Shiva Shiva!

Regards,
    Agatha83

sindmani, Sunburst and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:With apologies - in above quote please read " dhakshin to utthar" instead of "uttar to North".
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

10. Thyagarajan

:hello:God bestows enlightenment about feeding the hungry poor babies only to those who are steeped in Bhakthi and not to pseudo bhakthi syndicate. as extension to abhishekams to Lord now fans of cine stars like Kushboo Rajinikant etc perform abhishekm to giant size colourful flex - boards or banners erected on scaffolds. Fans are bestowed by God to even construct temples (in Trichy} to cine actress Kushboo!!!!!!!!!
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

sindmani, MonikaSG and Sunburst like this.