1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Now a days children have to give preference to job , they arealways busy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 3, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Now a days job has to be given more importance. Children are always busy whether it is a week day or holiday.

Today my son had come to help us in taking out the golu padis made of rod . Since it is heavy and had to pull the sofa also he came.

Remembered the saying kaalile kanji oothindha pole odaran . Whenever he comes he is in a hurry either he has to meet his colleague on office work or he has to go for a project. Though today is Sunday still he had some work. One day he gets rest but that day also he is busy. So my husband never likes to trouble him

Usually parents expect so much from the children and get disappointed but my husband never likes to trouble the children. On the contrary he is always ready to help his children. He loves only to trouble his wife because both are not two persons, they are one (just kidding).

Sometimes he will tell people that he is going to take Sanyasam but he will say he wont go alone , take me also so that I can help him in picking flowers for pooja and in other things. I dont know what type of Sanyasam is that.

2. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijimma,
    Love the idea of Sanyasam of Uncle! I guess Sanyasis take along the bare minimum requirement of life to live with. So, u see what is that for him :)

Truly said ma, nowadays we are so busy that we hardly give anytime for our parents. Like you said, my parents also will think a thousand times before telling us to do something.

The other day my Mom told me to get some gifts for some our relatives for Durga Puja (this is the time we exchange gifts among the relatives).I was supposed to go for that yesterday evening. But yesterday morning she called and told she and my Father was going to get those items, I need not worry about!!!

At home also, my brother hardly does anything. In fact his bank jobs, investment installments these outside job my Father only does.... I feel so sorry for such a situation!

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes Viji Akka
    You are right! Nowadays the job market is so dynamic and ever-changing that eveyone has to work 200% if they have to keep their jobs. With cost of living so high and on top children's education is so expensive if we want good education we cannot blame them. That is how I am running everyday to work and wonder why I am doing all this; but in the evening my young sons will call from college and my aging parents are in India (I am their only child so I try to do what I can to support them) I will go to work to help my husband meet all the demands! Now we have to come to India in January for a wedding - my office won't allow me loss of pay so I am working extra hours to accumulate more days....life goes on!
    Kamala

4. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, when you go with him for his Sanayasam, take your computer with you. Hahaha!!!!! We choose to live like that. My older son has refused to work as a software engineer becaus eof the demands. He has few degrees, but learned meditation and work in different Buddhist meditation Center doing research, cook etc for past few years. He is so happy. Not much money , happy life. When he lives near our town, he helps us a lot. My husband and other son are involved with start up. Guess what. No time for anything. We have to blame the communities are us. we also want to have things and that is the reason we have no time. ( I am including myself in that)
    @Kamala, have a great trip in India. where are you going for the wedding?

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@ coffeelover:Dear CoffeeAkka
    The wedding is in Tiruchi. My brother-in-law's (Mythunar's) daughter's wedding. My parents are also in Tiruchi to be closer to my b-i-l who is a doctor, so that they will get immediate medical attention if needed. My mother had partial stroke 2 years ago - now she is fine but cannot talk as fast (she is a trained carnatic vocalist - so it pains me very much) Dad is also getting weaker everyday. So this will be a good opportunity to see them.

6. iyerviji

Dear Kalyani

Ya right I know he cant do without me , that is why he says he will take me also along.

Your parents know the children's difficulty thats why they try to help as much as they can.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Kamala

Good you understand the situation and work hard to help the family. I can understand how your parents must be missing you. I can understand your situation because I also worked for 38 years. I was working in agood company where it was like a family and I could take leave when I want only sometimes there used to be problem if I take excess leave.

Sory to hear about your mother's health condition. All the best toher and May God bless your parents with good health.

All the best for your trip.

love
    viji

8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji mam,

I had smile on my face when I read the last few lines

He loves only to trouble his wife because both are not two persons, they are one (just kidding).

Sometimes he will tell people that he is going to take Sanyasam but he will say he wont go alone , take me also so that I can help him in picking flowers for pooja and in other things. I dont know what type of Sanyasam is that.

thats so sweet of your husband..."sanyasam ponaalum manavi kodadhaan poven" - that shows how much he loves you.. :)

yes the work part... oh no.. I was working like that in india.. even if its weekend, I cant peacefully take care of him, do proper cooking, clean home. I have to think about work all the time. So instead of worrying what will happen on monday, I just go to office and keep everything ready for the week. Weekdays I will be double busy ... Its not good for ladies after they got married. I couldnt imagine how I will take care of the family after I got kids... So thats the main reason I got escaped from that and moved here. My father worked for 40 years and never complained about his work. But in 6 years I never not-complained about my work... :)

9. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

What you have said is very true...

BTW, uncle's idea of sanyasam is very nice and interesting... :)

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

One of the main reason, I left my job is to move close to my parents, where I want to be of a good company to them. Though of course, they never ask for any particular help, I feel, that as a daughter I have to do my duty (why only son have to do it). Of course, I dont stop or hesitate to do things that are needed for inlaws.

But still, better, the kids learn to help the parents rather than waiting for the parents to ask for their wants and needs.