1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not In Good Terms With In-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by HollieEustis, Jul 15, 2016.

1. HollieEustis

HollieEustis New IL'ite

Who among here doesn't have a good relationship with their in-laws? Before it was all well but when they started to live with us problems arise. I really want to resolve issues between us but I know it would be impossible. I wonder how long can I take this kind of relationship with my in-laws?

Kamakhyamrutha likes this.

2. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Why do I have to dig into my past?? Done and dusted is what I would think about it now.

Well, what is your problem? What sort of issues and maybe if you tell them other ILites would be able to give their advice.

sindmani and guesshoo like this.
  3. faithgrime

faithgrime Senior IL'ite

I understand your situation. Can you share other details? I mean the cause of the problem?

4. sweetyXOX

sweetyXOX Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    in my case my in-laws visit us every other year and they stay with us for 6 months. My mom-inlaw doesn't like to do anything not even watching TV or saying "Hello" to our Indian neighbors or to our friends. I've come to a conclusion that her nature itself is like that I can't change her attitude or anything.
    When they are around my husband doesn't talk much with me coz they think that my husband gives more priority to me then them. So, I realized it n never except much talking infort of my in-laws. I let go... But me n husband have good understanding. I think relationship between you & you're husband is more important than anything.

sindmani likes this.
  5. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi not much you can do about it, just accept it, that is my fate, my IL detest me, the sight of me, I just take it with a grain of salt. Both parties have to be willing to make things better, and if they are not nothing will change.

sindmani and guesshoo like this.