1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Not getting milk :-(

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by ssubhasr, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Raj,

Definitely nursing directly is the most easiest of all. I pumped a couple of times and what a mess it creates - cleaning, sterilizing, etc., Moreover LO was so adamant, so breastpump and bottles are safely kept aside now Big Laugh. I am very comfortable now with NIP. I EBF my first one also when I was in India, so this one was not that difficult to start with. My husband was against it - he was like, "Oh everybody takes bottle when they go outside. You should pratice it, etc., etc.,". I felt confused, but when I hit this kellymom.com site, I became very comfortable. Then I could convince my husband that this is what is going to work out and this is what is "BEST". Well now, he has got used to it.

Raj how old is your LO ... boy or girl? How long you are planning on nursing? :2thumbsup: to you for NIP. You are doing a good job.

Amitha

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Amitha, we have a daughter, 8 months old. I am not sure how long I want to nurse, for sure, but atleast until she's one and then I'll decide from there on. I enjoy it so much now that I am not in a hurry to stop anytime soon. I am glad your DH is okay with it. Kudos to you too for NIP.

Raj

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Subha,

I hope all is well with you and Sahana. I too have heard of babies who need to be woken up for feeds but though it's a bit confusing for me as well. Anyways we all, as mothers, always find a way out. So don't worry and do keep us updated.

Latha