Not Getting Medical Seat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sindmani, Sep 2, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

A girl commited suicide for not getting medical seat(present news )
    This is not the first time we are hearing suicide for not getting medical seat or not getting high marks etc. Why is a child (son or daughter) not given the confidence to face the problems and failures in life?life is big, lots of problems,remarks will come. That is where we have to be more bold.The girl could have chosen micobiology or some other biology course if not medicine. Why kill oneself . it is not the end of life. The tragedy is more for her patents. How much love they would have for their daughter. Especially a girl child would have been special for her parents.hope GOD AND ANGELS RELIEVE THEIR PAIN AND RIP TO THE GIRL

SCSusila, Thyagarajan, momsky and 4 others like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

it's very unfortunate and hope other students and their parents take enough measures not to attempt in a similar fashion.

it's the political will of the mighty modi sarkaar that killed a poor student, the toothless state govt is at his feet, the courts are also playing as per the central govt.

modi sarkaar is erring in many fronts and the hope people had when electing them has already faded away.

only we people have to stand united to fight these corrupt, corporate-centric mighty high headed politicians and stop them ruining further.

2019 is 2 years away - we are waiting modi!!!!

sindmani, IniyaaSri, periamma and 2 others like this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

I am confused. How is the Govt (be it Modi or Gandhi or AAP ) responsible for a personal decision taken by an individual ?

satchitananda, SGBV, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

A very unfortunate incident. A childs death is so heartbreaking to the parents. But social media and political parties are using this for their advantage which is more saddening. .

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  5. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Suicide by students in the light of poor marks or no admission depict the cruel plight of our society where the entire worth of an individual is judged on the basis of exams . As a student , I too used to feel dejected and uncertain of my future at times . But committing suicide is an extremely extreme step. I agree with the OP that parents should inculcate confidence in the kid that marks/admission are not everything one needs to live a good life.There are far more important things in life too. This girl could have gone to take another attempt ( if she willed) or to do a simple graduation. It is basically a life gone waste leaving behind mourning parents who would be feeling guilty all the time.We need to change as a society for the better future of our kids. Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are drop outs.Exams and admission tests are devised to narrow down selection in the country's vast population and are in no way a determinant of a good life.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Well, to be honest , my first comment was entirely to discuss suicides by students in general. I just read the whole news . I feel that media and even state govt are simply taking advantage of this sad incident. Secondly, the girl should not have taken this extreme step . She should have taken the exam again next year . I am sure she would have easily cleared it as she was a bright student.
    Lastly, Central govt proposal to incorporate NEET countrywide has been there since 2013. It is supposed to be a uniform exam system which the central govt has been wanting to incorporate in all the states. I don't understand why the girl was not aware of this ? Even if she wasn't prepared, she could have done so in the coming year. Many students ( yes, poor too) take admission in a simple BSc program and study again .I had a few of my batch mates who had cleared in their second attempt in this way. BTW, NEET is already incorporated at the pre post graduation exam level.
    If her dream was to become a doctor , she should have pursued it relentlessly.

7. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Suicide is not planned. It is impulsive. Reasons could be Poverty, Time lapse on the opportunity, Syllabus fluctuation in the case of anitha. May her soul RIP.
    The under privileged comprises major part of Indian society. The Law makers / Government must understand the people's requirement and frame policies for win win situation.

joylokhi, sindmani, IniyaaSri and 3 others like this.
  8. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

central and state govts are equally responsible.

the neet syllabus is based on cbse whereas all india basis only 10% from cbse seek medical while 90% are from state boards.

so is it a fair system????

joylokhi, sindmani, IniyaaSri and 6 others like this.
  9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Who or what pushed the girl for suicide is the question. Leave this suicide case. Any other case of suicide won't we analyse who or what caused the suicide? It's certainly the incompetence of state government and central government in giving a fair education and examination system which is to be blamed. Agreed suicide is not the solution for anything. Anitha was fighting legally against the system. Heart bleeds hearing such cases.

joylokhi, sindmani, IniyaaSri and 4 others like this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Has equality been attained in the school syllabus level. Cbsc students have an edge over the state board students. Is cbsc education affordable for all? When the school level education is not same then how can one bring a common examination for MBBS entrance. Parents who cannot afford the cbsc school fees can they afford the NEET coaching fees?