Not fulfilling a "Mannat"/ "Promise"

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Rakhii, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the support J

Darmesh, No, I don’t blame everything of God’s wrath. The reason I started this thread was because next month we will be visiting India for the third time since marriage without being able to visit this temple. I know I have said this before and I really do feel bad about not visiting (else, I wouldn’t have started this thread) L

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sandhya, han, thanks so much. My intention is not to substitute my visit with money/donation/charity. Until the time I am able to visit the temple, in a small way, i want to keep that memory alive.

3. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

tell me about it esp if you are abroad visits to india can really be very hectic ... and sometimes you think about visting an xyz place and one cant really make it happen.
    I believe that sometimes god has his /her own ways to call us .. sometimes unexpectedly we end up visiting without any planning and for whatever worth you know you too may get a call unexpectedly .. like we too have been wanting to visit a temple for a very long time and it had been nearly two years and we just couldn't make it .. guess what just suddenly I felt that we should visit it now during the EId holidays here and my hubby to strongly felt the same .. and we impromptu planned the trip and came back with a happy darshan.. .

4. shivgauri

shivgauri Senior IL'ite

hello rakhi.
    don't worry, if u remember your promise then it doesn't matter when r u going. and keep always mind that god never have been do any wrong if god will do this then no difference between god & human. some times we face problems and we related to punishment of god. but it is a wrong thinking . if we face problems then it is a type of god test. be positive and believe yourself and god.

1 person likes this.
  5. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

I strongly believe that when the time is right Goddess mata will herself make it possible to come to her . All is God's will. Pray to her daily and be happy.

6. IshitaKuhu

IshitaKuhu New IL'ite

Hi,

Can you please share the name and location of the temple here. I have made a mannat in west Bengal tarapith myself and still not able to go back there . I feel bad myself too but now I have made my mind that I will make it to there anyhow. I would suggest you to perform a puja from heart to god and apologize for you to be able to make it there yet. I am sure she will forgive you.
    I will again request you to please share the information here, I would like to visit there as I have a hearty desire to be fulfilled.

7. Riyahegde

Riyahegde New IL'ite

Were u able to make that visit happen? Hope all's well with u... I was just searching on Google what happens when you are unable to fulfil a mannat and I saw ur post...
    Well d reason I was looking it up on Google coz there's one mannat I said and is becoming lil difficult for me to follow.. so I wonder if there's a way to come out of it
    End of 2016 my son met with an accident at my parents house.. I was not around at that time.. and when my sister was taking me to d hospital to see my son I didn't know the extent to which he was hurt and I was very scared.. so in tht spur of the moment I promised that if my son is ok I will give up on alcohol forever( maybe I was feeling guilty that I was supposed to go for a new year's Eve party that night.. for the very first time in my life).. it's not that I'm a regular drinker.. but I do enjoy a drink or two when I'm out with my husband once in a while ... Now ppl reading this may think how difficult can it be for a person to give up on drinking.. but it's not the temptation .. but I miss giving my husband company on our date nights.. he doesn't enjoy drinking alone.. as silly as this may sound.. I'm really looking for an alternative to this... It's been a year since I haven't had liquor now.

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Why not have a Diet Coke or sparkling cider while the husband enjoys his patiala peg ?

Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. Riyahegde

Riyahegde New IL'ite

Yeah . That's what I do.. sip on my diet Coke ... But he keeps forcing me to have a drink... He's not a big believer of this mannat thing and thinks it's ok to indulge in a drink once in a while.. he's even jokingly told me that he's gonna leave me coz I don't drink ;))

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Oye ve! Who thought do boond sharab would be so critical to keep marriage and romance intact ?
    My take, the only mannat I know is shahrukh khans bungalow. But for others a traditional mannat is like keeping a word / promise. Once I promise something I make sure to follow through . Specially if it involves a promise I made for the well being of a child, hell yes!
    So if I were you I would stick to the Diet Coke. As a future lesson don’t make promises or mannats if you do not have the resolve to keep them.

P.S If husband jokes about leaving you if you don’t drink alcohol: open a can of chilled Diet Coke and do a “abhishekam” over pati dev. Optional :chant Jai Shivas regal !