1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

NOt eating since a week ..reduced weight :( please help

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by durgamavu, Jul 13, 2010.

1. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

hi,,,

my baby boy is of 11 months 3 weeks and last week we went to tirupathi ..there he got cold ...he gets cold every month atleast twice...i almost used cold medicine for a month...and again now after 10 days he got cold back again and he stopped eating food ..only drinking BM which are very less..and today i had taken him to doc and he reduced 1/2 kg weight and doc had written medicines for more 10 days,,,he gets cold,cough nad throat infection in order ...am not knowing wat to do...can i use those medicines continously??....any home remedies to improve his immunity...he is now 8.7 kgs only...almost reaching 12 months....shall i try homeopathy??...please advice asap...waiting for it...

2. renugoel

renugoel Senior IL'ite

hi
    i can understand ur prblem as i have faced dis problem many times but dnt worry.
    i think ur baby is not eating bcoz he is not well,so dnt try to force him to eat
    try to change his attention so that he enjoy and then give him food in less quantity but after small interval.
    try it
    i think it will work
    and dnt stop his medicine

3. durgamavu

durgamavu New IL'ite

thanks renu...but is ur baby affected by cold twice a month...he is having almost twice a month cold...doc said tat its not normal...moreover due to throat infection he cudn't eat...

4. nriindian

nriindian Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Even I was in your position with my 5 year old from age 3 to 4 - She was on anti-biotics every month, she used to catch cold every month without fail.

Then last year when we came to India in Vacation, we tried homeo and since then we were able to control her cold and cough bouts. i am so glad infact all of us are into homepathy now. and works well as against the common belief that it is very slow.

BUT you have to find a GOOD HOMEO DOC. that is the only issue.Homeo can be administered for children above 6 months.

5. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

Hi ,

Understand ur situation.even my kid had same issue.
    Were u able to figure out what is causing cold often. climate change, rain, dust allergy or some food etc.try to note down each and every days climate , food etc. something might be different
    if u figure what is causing half ur problem will be resolved.
    Also if the cold is not too sever try not to start the antibiotic. but if u start atleast 3 days u should give medicine.

some home remedies which can help - boil a small pod of garlic in milk and give to baby. garlic is said to help in recovering from cold.

Anyways check with some elders in this forum.

Regards
    Gayathri

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Durga,
    I am in your boat. My son is continuously having cold for the past 2 months. THis winter is toobad in AP, that is the reason for illness.

7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i was about to post this topic
    my dd is just 5 months old and she gets cold every month eventhough we are taking precautions
    lil baby has lot of trouble taking food or milk especially from me when she has cold
    its hard to see such a small one suffering from cold,hard to breath and coughing
    i tried home remedies but unfortunately not helping
    and place where i live at is like terribly cold

8. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

guys living in colder places need to be extra carefull. keep ur kids' legs , ears, hands covered by woolen cloth. keep a humidifier in the kids room.
    use heater to warm up the kids room. and also use carpets on the floor.And use diapers so that kids do not wet their clothes.

Thats is what by Brother's family with a 1 yr kid who live in a cold country are doing.