Not Able To Sleep At Night , But Sleepy In The Morning

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by star90, Apr 29, 2018.

1. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies

I am feeling slightly sleepy at work ,if I drink coffee I wont be able sleep at night at all.
    Even without coffee I find it hard to sleep early at night. I feel all energetic from 7pm to 1am.
    I usually get up at 7am and try to sleep by 1am atleast. What to do?
    I want to sleep at 11pm atleast so that I dont feel tired during the day. I cant nap during the day because I will be at office.

Even drinking tea , hasn't helped as it keeps me awake at night. I feel sleepy during the day .

2. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    From my experience, If i change the sleeping time for one day, say i sleep at 12 am in the weekend.That becomes routine and next night i will not feel sleepy till 12 or 1 though i go to bed at 10pm. So my suggestion would be whether you are sleepy or not go to bed at 11..It might be difficult initially but your routine will change.

IMO drinking coffee or tea during day time will not affect your sleep at night.
    1)Try taking a warm bath before going to sleep.Always stick to your bedtime.
    2)Go for walk before bedtime.
    3)Keep food lighter at night.
    Once your routine changes,you might not feel sleepy in the day time.Hope it helps

star90 likes this.
  3. raisin

raisin Bronze IL'ite

Right now, a cycle has set in which you need to break.
    Exercise! When your body sweats it out, you will want to relax and doze off. Start with a morning/Eve walk maybe. Also drink a warm glass of milk with sugar/honey at bed time. And learn brahmari pranayama (YouTube).

anika987 likes this.
  4. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

@bhagya85
    thanks for your advice.
    Maybe its because I eat heavy at night since I cannot have a proper lunch..
    I will try to follow your suggestions and see..

5. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your reply..
    I dont get time to exercise..
    What you said is true I used to sleep better during vacations and holidays when I exercise..
    I will try to incorporate exercise and see..

6. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

thanks ladies.. Let me try to change my routine .Hopefully there will be a change.

7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Caffeine after 4 pm is not advisable.

Also, don't force yourself to sleep or keep thinking that you can't sleep.
    Listen to music or despite certain claims watch a movie you like until u get sleepy.

Watch your diet.Next few days eat wat u love for dinner.Let go and just let things be.

U will definitely sleep well.

8. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Drinking warm milk with Nutmeg an hour before bedtime helps. Do something really boring at bedtime and don’t get into bed unless you are sleepy. See if you can squeeze 10 mins to take power nap during day. You can go to some secluded place put some music on close eyes for 10 mins. That will help you stay alert. Importantly see what changed in your routine. Is it weather? Is it right temperature? Is it pollen season ? Any life changes that caused stress ? Introspect and maybe you can find answer. Above all 6 hrs is still good as long as you are not sleepy during the day.