1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nostalgic!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 13, 2017.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rajeni for your nice feedback. And thanks for quoting the part you liked too. I had a different introspection, where we fail to see the other side often and go ahead with what we perceive as right. Besides, as grown up adults, we tend to complicate things a lot and curse ourselves and others for that too. Its always the child in us that welcomes the small pleasures, surprise and fun and look forward to what is coming ahead.

Yes, our demons are too powerful and we are flawed and weak as well, but it is our fight that determines who we are.
    I may win
    Or I may lose.
    But come what may,
    I won't give up!

I say that to myself at times. Things come to our help from unexpected quarters and at times from unknown people too. Simply put, this life is magical, yet, I need to understand that more. -rgs

Rajeni likes this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Kamalji for your feedback. Its both humbling and inspiring to know that you too had started with rented accommodations in the beginning. :) We have more things today, but less people compared to those days and I agree that its primarily our choice. -rgs

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Viswa for your feedback. Yes, its always interesting to see how our mind sways back and forth on many things before arriving at something. More so in the case of a sudden affinity towards some decisions.

It is always nice to think of our past challenges and great achievements as kids [even stealing mangoes / gooseberries from neighborhood trees count] and lighten up ourselves a bit. Somewhere we tend to lose that child in us, being clouded and heavy. That reflects in everything later on. -rgs

4. rgsrinivasan

Happy to receive a first from you MeMeera. Thanks for that. You can address me as 'rgs'. Thats enough. :)
    Coming to your feedback, yes, I too fall in your category. My parents moved to our own flat when I was 5 or so, but all my elders underwent the same issues that you quoted. Though the flat was so small, it was a great feeling to own it. And interestingly the house owners are a caricature themselves - mostly depicted as villains, mocked for their silly acts at times too. One thing that I cannot forget - We all had a whale of time when we were kids, compared to what my son is having now. -rgs

memeera1234 likes this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

Yes Syamala. You are absolutely right. Thanks for your nice feedback.
    And gone are the days we slept in the open too, in terraces during those summer holidays. And attending a temple function or ritual together, as a big family is something that we did and had glorious times then. -rgs