1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

nose studs both sides

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Naila, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Naila

Naila New IL'ite

Hi

I am into a pierced community since I married in an orthodox family.
    I pierced my right nostril just before marriage some years ago since my MIL wanted that and since then been wearing a very small nose stud.

After we moved back to India my MIL has been asking me to pierce my left nostril also and start wearing multistudded diamond studs on both sides that belonged to my husbands grandmother. They are rather big and have very thick stems. My MIL andn SIL also wear studs on both nostrils.

Recently I told my MIL that I am willing to pierce my second nostril so I can wear them, but still haven't made an appointment by a jeweller.

Any one alse with my experience and who wear double nose studs? Can I do this? And what clothes will look good with double nose studs? Will it look bad if I dont wear anything after got such studs in my nose for a long time? Actually I have never seen my MIL without her studs.

Naila

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I don't wear double,only single,but I can assure you it will look bad if you don't wear a nose ring after piercing it.That too,if you wear the heavy diamond ones with thick stems and then don't wear any at all,the piercing will be clearly visible(my own experience!).Now I wear a small normal stud since I wear western clothes like jeans and tops,so obviously a big diamond one will look ridiculous with it,although my MIL keeps wanting me to wear the diamond one which was her's earlier.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

It might look awkward with both nostrils pierced. I did get my right nostril pierced many years before my marriage.My in laws arent particular as such but my mom insists as it completes a woman's look in our community.Hence , I have my nose pierced.
    I feel with heavy nose studs it might look awkward and the hole will be wide one to occupy a thick stem of that stud. Later even if you wish to remove it the hole will be visible and will look awkward.I do have a small diamond nose ring on and it goes well even with western wear.

4. Amruta Sampat

Amruta Sampat New IL'ite

Hi, i am into the double nosrtils pierced club.I got my right nose pierced before marriage when i was 21 and was wearing adiamond stud in it.A few months back my MIL expired and when her jewels were divided between me and my SIL each one of us got a diamond nose stud.I got a a large single stone with 4 small diamonds suspended by a circular loop and my SIL got a large 8 stone besari.As per my FIL 's wish both of us got our left nostril pierced and i am wearing the 4 pin stud on my right nose and the 1 stone stud on the left.I am only 32, very young to sport double nose studs but some how i am managing.I think with 2 nose studs only sari will go well. Some times i wear chudidars but wear only on one side , mostly rigft if i go out.But if i have to go out with my hubby it has to be wearing studs on both nostrils and he is proud of having a wife who has both nostrils pierced.Even my FIL often praises my guts and resolve in having both nostrils pierced in this modern era.Though there are several embarrassing situations and people look down upon you as illeterate or out moded i have some how accepted the nose jewels as a permanent feature and will wear till the end.The recent news is that my husband is thinking of making an 8 stone besari for my nose to replace the single stone as he feels that the nostril portion will get full coverage only then.Though i might get pushed back by 40-50 years i will still go with it as ultimately it will help in achieving domestic harmony and happieness.

1 person likes this.
  5. sunithasree

sunithasree New IL'ite

Great amrutha:thumbsup

hi amrutha even iam into double pierced group. i pierced my left side at age of 18 along with 3 college friends . right one after my marriage as per my IN LAWS culture at 25 . know i am wearing multi studed diamond studs in both nostrils . every one happy with my decision . i am 27 yr old now . both u and ur SIL pierced both sides amrutha . all ladies in ur family wears both sides ?

thanks ,

sunithasree'
    bangalore:)

6. Naila

Naila New IL'ite

Hi!

Yeah, most women in my husband's family wear studs on both nostrils.
    Since I pierced my last nostril a while ago now my hole is about to heal and try to get used to fit studs on both nostrils for the moment. It's not easy in public I feel to wear large studs on both sides.

Naila

7. sunithasree

sunithasree New IL'ite

hi naila ,

all most 90% of ladies in my Inlaw's family pierced and wearing diamond nose studs on both nostrils .its our culture .

8. Naila

Naila New IL'ite

Hi!

Do you feel comfortable when you appear in crowdy plases some times because you wear big studs both sides and get attention?

Do you have thick stems on you studs? And is it possible for you to go out some times without nose studs? I feel my holes are too big now so won't look good and my inlaws wan't me to wear all time. Only take off my studs some times when have oil bath and put them back after finnished with that.

Naila

9. malasing

malasing New IL'ite

I am also in pierced comunity

Now about my nose piercing .It is done on the 2nd day after my marriage reception my mother in law arranged a goldsmith who pierced my both the nostril and septum with gold ring the goldsmith not only pierced my nose but also add three extra holes in my ears. After one month I have to ware all the nose ornaments since at that time I used to go college so septum pendent changed to a pin having ball in both sides one thing good of it. That it is not visible from outside. In occasion I have to ware a large nose ring and a heavy septum pendent and a nose stud with heavy earrings .My husband loves my nose piercings very much. This type heavy nose rings makes my holes get dissented very much .

What about your septum and other piercing

10. Naila

Naila New IL'ite

Hi!

I also have got extra holes in my ears prior to my marriage. The classical nose studs given by my MIL is pretty difficult to remove so use to let her do it for me. Is it much more painful to get septum pierced than nostrils?

Naila

1 person likes this.