Normal delivery Vs C-Section

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by dsrini, Apr 26, 2007.

1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Re: About Delivery!

i wud say normal delivery coz the pain u experience is only at tht time and the recovery is very fast in a normal delivery...

lov
    sowmi

2. nanhini

nanhini New IL'ite

Re: Some exercises and stretches to ease aches and help with labor

Hi!

I would like to access the document having the exercises related information but I am not able to, since I haven't touched the 50 posts I need to make.

Since I am in my last trimester, I need to get a hand on this document. Can someone post it in the common gmail a/c we have for Indus.

Gmail ID : indusladies
    P/s : indus123

Thanks in advance
    Nan

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nanhini,
    I have uploaded the 2 documents posted on this forum in the gmail... hope it helps. Good luck.

-L.

4. nanhini

nanhini New IL'ite

Thanks Lavanya for posting the docs.

Congrats to you on your pregnancy.

Best wishes
    Nan

5. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

C-section Delivery.

Dear ILites,

I'm pregnant with my second kid.My first delivery was c-section, in India.Now I'm in US. Did I need to go for c-section delivery this time? Is this safe or vaginal delivery is safe? Confused on this considering the pros and cons of both deliveries.

I was not ready to get married since I was scared of delivery.My first delivery was a big story and made me worry a lot.If I go c-section here in US, how much will I need to pay after insurance coverage, though it vary by insurance company.Just for an information,since this is the first time we don't have any idea on this.Can anyone pls. give inf. on this.Any idea abt Family planning? Is it good to do in this delivery itself or better to do later? Do anyone undergone such situation.But we decided this is last pregnancy for me and We r done with two.

Happy to get a baby, but I can't think of my delivery now. I just leave it to God and am praying for a smooth one.

Pls. pour in your experience and suggesstions.

Thanks.
    Pinky.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Re: C-section Delivery.

Hello Pinky,

If you had a c-section in the first delivery it's not necessary that your second one will be one too. I know many of my friends who delivered naturally second time. It depends on how well your scar from previous operation has healed. Unless you wish to have a c-section this time also, your doctor will monitor this as the pregnancy progresses and will let you know. If they think that the scar can open if a normal delivery happens they themselves will recommend to go for a c-section.

My first kid was also born in India, c-section. Now after 3 years I'm pregnant and due to deliver in 3-4 weeks time. I'm all set for a normal delivery and my gyn said my scar is closed well so there is no chance for a rupture. But they know that they have to observe me well since i had a c-section well. I trust their decision and judgement.

Regarding pros and cons... it all depends on your body, your mental build-up:) in normal delivery you must know that you should be prepared for any vaginal tear and if they stitch it up you'll have some discomfort until the wound is healed.

As for costs in US... i'm not sure since i don't live in the US:)

and on your last point... put all your worries and fears behind. You have survived the first delivery, right! keep up a positive attitude and that itself will reduce half the complications. There is no need to be afraid of child birth. Medical science is very well advanced and if you take care of the doctor's insturctions there will be no problem.

I'm not sure about sterilisation/birth control either. But I know that if you have a c-section and if you had already discussed and decided with your doctor what method of birth control you want to use they'll do the procedure along with the operation. If you had a normal delivery... well this point you'll have to ask your gyn whether they'll do it immediately or they'll ask you to come after few months or so.

Cheer up, enjoy your pregnancy, take care of your health and I'm sure you'll have a very safe, wonderful and healthy delivery...

Latha

7. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Traveller has answered most of your concerns.
    One important note is when you visit doctor please ask all the questions you have in your mind. Doctors here don't say much if the pregnancy is going normal. So before every visit make note of what your conern is for the month and ask questions. They will answer everyhting to make you comfortable.
    Regarding the coverage of insurance call your health insurance company or visit their wesite to see what is covered.
    Also, during your 3rd trimester sign up for the child birth classes this will be very heplful for both you and your hubby.

8. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Nice to get a reply from you. Thanks for ur information. My Gynec. asked us how we want to deliver the baby.When we asked her wats the best way, she gave some information for both delivery.I'm not sure whether I'll go for normal,when i have pain in my last delivery, only then I'll think of having normal one.

She's asking for the complete record of my first pregnancy, only after the review of that record, she can do normal for me.I delivered my first kid 4 and 1/2 yrs before, when I go for my second delivery in Nov, it'll be 5 yrs, since my first kid born in oct.Everyone from India well know, how they maintain records.I'm not sure they'll give my records after such a long time.

Yesterday I got my blood results, where my TSH level is low.Is it anything serious? My gynec want me to vist my family Dr., but when i call my family Dr, she says why don't ur gynec treat you...OMG...hard to follow the procedures here......running from here to there to Dr. office....

Latha, Thanks a lot for ur nice words.I need to make up mind...still having a fear at one end....hope it goes off as month passes....

All The Best for ur safe delivery....I'll pray for a safe delivery...Do update on your experience in your delivery....

Take Care of ur health....

Bye,
    Pinky.

9. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Dear ars,

Thank you for ur information abt the child birth classes and preparation of concerns before the visit.Yes, Latha gave me nice information as you mentioned.If you get some more inf. do write up.

Like to get responses on this anytime.

Tc...Bye.
    Pinky.

10. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pinky,

Congratulations !!!!!!!

My first delivery was C-section in India. My second delivery was also a C-section but in US. I didnot have any complications. But my 2nd child was born 6and a half years after my first child. My doc also asked me to get all the reports from India. I did give them all my blood reports and ultrasound reports, but the main thing they wanted to know was how the insison(cut) was from inside. According to my doctor, if the cut from inside is horizontal and the outside as well then (if u don't have any other complications) u can wait for a vaginal delivery. But my Indian doctor could not understand what my inlaws were asking them and we didnot get the answer. Here my doctor in US couldnot find my inner scar in ultrasound either and they told me that since it is already 6+ years the wound has healed very well and they were not able to findout.

Finally me and my husband decided that i go for c-section (after knowing all the pros and cons that my doctor told me). After my baby was born my Doctor told me that the 1st doctor had done a very goooooood job and they were asking me why did I not go for vaginal delivery. They even asked me to get the contraceptive while they operating(so i can avoid an other minor operation), but our insurance did not cover and so i didnot go for it then.

Our out of pocket expence came to around $1800. Our insurance didnot pay for ansthesia and few multi vitamins and our share of deductable. So like you said it depends on what insurance you have and your deductables.

Don't be scared. Hope everything goes well with you. Goodluck.

Regards
    Shree.