Normal delivery Vs C-Section

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by dsrini, Apr 26, 2007.

1. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Re: Epidural and normal delivery or c-section?

Hi good to hear that you are an expecting mom. My sincere advise is that you dont go for epidural if it is a normal delivery and also please dont go for c-section because of the unbearable pain. I think iam confusing you by saying both. My only intention in telling you is if it is a normal delivery try to bear the pain. It will be there only for some time and finally after you have given delivery you will not have any other problems if it is a normal delivery.Some people say that if you take epidural you may face some problems later in your life. I also took it and later all my cousins were yelling at me for doing that. But the doctors say that it is safe to have epidural.So better try to have the willpower to give birth in the normal way. All the Best.:thumbsup

2. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Hi Priya_mommy,

I am fine,hope u are doing well too.Wow nice to know that u remember me :)...my baby shower went on very well...I ended up buying saree in dark green color and my first saree in that color too,though not intentional bcos after 1 hr of searching that is the only saree I liked :) .Yes my sixth month is starting from tomorrow and I am really happy to have come this far too,my anomaly scan results were good too.

Thanks for the link.Yeah I would like to have normal delivery too,but still a little scared.Hope I can bear the pain and have normal delivery.

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Yes I hope god gives me the courage and power to have a normal delivery.Yes I have heard many disadvantages of epidural and hence am clear not to have one,bcos I have seen some difference in people who had epidural,I see that they look very weak and tired all the time.Even at 24 or 25 they are not even as brisk as my mom.

4. Garg

Garg New IL'ite

Pain Less Deliveries

I have given quite a number of epidurals in relieving pain in labor.
    My modified techniques have following features
    - No pain during labor to child birth
    - No application of Forceps, Bearing down effort of patient remain intact
    - No change in blood pressure
    - quickens the dilatation of cervix
    - Total relaxation of pelvic muscles, so no trauma to the tissues.
    There is 100 % repetition in 2<SUP>nd</SUP> time delivery
    It’s a routine in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region>, every lady opt for epidural in child birth.
    It is safe under expert and competent hands
    Any other doubt u have please do ask
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/labor-and-delivery/80485-pain-less-deliveries.html

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi satin

congratulations for your baby shower, and good luck.

I have 2 kids, one normal with pain, andd younger one with epidural.

hmmmmm, now yes wtih epidural you have some pain in your lower back for some time, till around 2 years or so. But i think that maybe due to no rest after the baby birth. I took epidural for my sons birth, but i didnt take proper rest after his birth. But there is no long disadvantage i think. It doesnt make anybody look weak or tired, it is all about initial tiredness with baby feeding, and lack of sleep etc....... stress.

In singapore it is common to take epidural.

3rd choice is taking gas mask, which is avlbl in spgr. I dont know about india. This gas mask,, you can put near your nose, when you have contraction, this reduce the feeling of pain. My cousins opted for this choice, and then i thougt i should have done same.

But normal delivery with pain is better than C- section, bcoz that pain will be for longer term, and in that too they give some injection like epidural, to number our lower body.

take care.

6. vaish78

vaish78 Gold IL'ite

Iam not against epiduaral,but this is my personal experience.

When I went to hospital,i was in labor and already dilated 5cms.
    I opted for epidural and had it.

I dilated so fast that in another 2 hours i was 10 cms dilated,after that epidural was stopped.Nurse told baby is way down and will be out in another half hour .

But what, I pushed for almost 3 hours and in vain ,had to go for c-section.

Reason, i was so numb becas of epidural,i couldn't push efficiently and baby was running out of oxygen.

If you opt for epidural,it should be stopped when you are 8cms dilated and so numbness will go off when u reach 10cms and could do a good push.

In my case , i had very short labor i shouldn't have gone for epidural.
    But other than that i dont have any health problems so far on having epidural.

Please dont go for c-sec voluntarily,it all depends on your health and baby's position at the time of labor.

7. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    I took epidural during my delivery.. i do not suffer from any backpain or any ither side effects..
    after my delivery in the evening.. legs feel numb for some time...after few hrs it is fine.. i was back on my feet in the night..

i feel anytime normal delivery with epidural is a better option..esp for the first one..as the labor and dilation takes more time..

8. chintu2

chintu2 New IL'ite

normal deivery

hi friends

im having many doubts in my mind, with this confussion, fear , im not planning for my second babby. to be frank im totally afraid of thistought too.

why, im afraid?

has in my first deivery, i was active and doctor said ur perfect but in the 7,8th month i used to feel that stomach used to be stiff(without any movement and not all the time only once or twice for 10 or 15 days)and when i said this to doctor she said nothing like that.

and in 9th month after colorscan she said fluid is less and there is a danger for babby and she said way is small so no chances of normal and she did c-section.
    baby was good and with 3kgs.

but i faced problems like backbone pain,feeling tired , and heavybreath(dammu).

so now i want second one but not with c-section i want normal for this what i have to do?

thanku
    chintu

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: normal deivery

Hello Chintu,
    VBAC is possible and nothing to worry.
    Please go through the below link, who already had this kind of issue and our IL's responses.
    www.vbac.com
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/im-pregnant/83115-confused-whether-do-csection-normal.html

10. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Wow some interesting comments abt Epidural,

Ya i'm planning to take epi as well,its on my birthing plan that as soon as i reach hospital to be giving epi, even if i'm dilated just 1cm :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

My mom is here to help me, she is so against it and keeps saying bear the pain, they all did that......... :bonk they is no way i'll be able to do it without epi.

All the best ladies ............... I will keep you posted abt my experience. (Hopeing its a pleasant one :))