Non-Vegeterians are Sinners??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ValuableTime, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Reviving this topic again !!!!

Why???

New strain of HIV identified...

Same as the 3 previous HIV strains, which was from chimps - bush meat...the latest seem to be gorilla virus too ....

Researchers identify new strain of HIV derived from gorillas - CNN.com

Ok, so what is nandhu planning to say to all you now??

As usual ..

STOP EATING MEAT before they find a new virus from these "now safe to eat" meats !!!

It might be more deadly than HIV who knows :spin:crazy

:mrgreen:

2. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Interesting thread :thumbsup

Just my 2 cents here....

I'm a strict vegetarian by birth (no meat, no eggs), but drinks milk. Now as a vegetarian I can argue that killing animal and eating meat is not the right thing to do, its not manu dharma etc, granted. But when I ask the same thing to a vegan, they can easy argue that drinking cow's milk is doing cruelty to cow. The milk should belong to calves not to humans, as per vegans. Period. But as vegetarians we drink milk, some eat eggs and infact we use milk to do abishekams to gods.

No veda or shastra has preached eating meat as sin. Rama, the God king himself was described as a meat-eater until he lost the goddess janaki. Its because he was born as a Kshatriya. Ofcourse I dont argue here for meat eaters. But its a lifestyle people practise from their birth. I'm a vegetarian (hardcore brahmin by birth). My parents don't eat meat, eggs. They taught me how to and what to eat. Had I been born in china or japan I would be eating a fish or an octopus salad.

One of my friends, turned to a pure vegetarian after she saw a butcher slaughtering a chicken. She saw it with blood and flesh so from that time decided to stop eating meat, but she cooks for her husband. Never in her life, she compelled him to turn into a vegetarian, because she knows its in one's conscience and can't be just compelled. On the other hand I know a chinese friend of mine's dont even cook crab just because she cant bear to see the live crab dying in that boiling hot water. That's human, I was stunned by her reply.

As an essence, how many of us (vegetarians) eat cheese that's processed bilogically using rennet (a by-product of veil, an enzyme that occurs from the stomach of a new born calf). If your answer is yes, then you are not a vegetarian, period. Agreed there are lots of diseases on the shelves for meat eaters, thats mainly because of the cooking methods and hygiene.
    But that's anyway true for a tomato or spinach or peanuts or pistachios infested with salmollena.

When we really count things, salt has more toxicity than boric acid, spinach when cooked and refrigerated for a day turns into a carcinogen, microwave is bad for brain health, any new technology has its own impact on human health. I have lost my uncle (father's brother) from liver cancer. He doesn't eat egg, meat, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink.

Being non-vegarian and eating animal is just an evolution but being a vegetarian and eating human is considered to be what???? Its all our conscience that controls everything. Whatever you eat, JUST BE HUMAN THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY !!!

-Uma

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  3. Jeffreena

Jeffreena Junior IL'ite

hey this is a nice piece of info given to people like us who claim that eating meat is not a sin but dont have any supporting stands for the same... this can help us explain the non veg about eating meat not a sin... also I feel when people speak about life, pain, feeling and sense... i wonder that these group of people dont even cut a 5 sensed animal for food thinking all the above mentioned stuff but are they preventing themselves from hurting a six sensed animal non other than their fellow being?????? pain is pain..those its physical or mental... ( not to offend anybody)

and in christianity it is said that nothing goes inside makes you unclean/impure but what comes out make you impure... those are our words, intensions, deeds amd actions.. and I feel that this is ture...

Jeffreena