1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

non-indian woman, 6 years older than my indian bf

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by smiley14, Aug 25, 2014.

1. smiley14

smiley14 New IL'ite

i realize this was covered somewhat in "non-indian older woman + indian younger man"

however, i guess i would just like some confidence in my own situation. like i said, he is 6 years younger than me. he says that he sees a future with me and he has thought about marrying my but the issue of our age difference has been present in his mind recently. we were friends for almost 3 years before we started dating and we have met each other's parents and most of each other's friends. though i interact with his parents regularly and i'm almost positive they have figured out we are dating, he has not yet told them officially. his mother's behavior towards me has changed since we started dating, she makes an effort to talk to me and get to know me now, whereas when we were friends she was polite but didn't engage much, which is why i think she realizes we are dating. i guess my question is "is the age thing a huge deal or is this something he and i can get past?" we love each other and we are together things are perfect, but when we are apart i guess doubt creeps in for both of us about the challenges ahead. any advice as to how to overcome this would be much appreciated.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

Stan, you there?

3. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

if you think ur partner able to manage the life problems and take good decision and both parents are oke with this relation then its fine .. most important thing is life is not a game to play which all young plays just for time pass and pleasure ..so when the problem really turn up then should be strong and confident that both are ready to accept that change ..so else age doesnt matter as when you know each other and understand and ready to take the challenge of life which is not a game to play and end up with

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

While it is true that in India most arranged matches are fixed such that the bride is a few years younger than the groom, age quite often doesn't come into the picture at all. It is highly personal these days. If the couple are happy with reach other, they go ahead. Two of my acquaintances are married to guys 6/7 years younger than them. It is the couple who gets to decide.

5. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

It depends on you and your bf. that's it nothing else matters. Indian, non-indian, younger, older... we basically are humans. There will be impact of culture, family and friends on our behavior but the most important part of it is character. Only you can judge your bf. Good luck.

6. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I know a couple in same scenario, married and happy with kids. The guys is not typical Indian the girl is not typical american. it depends on the people involved.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If it is so, then yes.. It is a red flag, and could be an issue after the marriage. Please elaborate more on this part to see how far it is affecting him now?

If both couple are perfectly fine with this, then it is not a great issue to face the rest, such as family, society and all

1 person likes this.
  8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Unless its not stuck in YOUR heads....you can very well go ahead.

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Before you get too much invested in this guy make sure that his parents can accept foreign DW.Becarefull OP I have see too many cases where Indian men left their foreign girlfriend because parents give ultimatum.

OP ask your boyfriend to Ask his parents if they can accept inter culture,inter racial marriage.Also decide way before marriage whose culture will be followed at home.Indian parents or men have this view after marriage girl should accept boys way of life.

1 person likes this.