1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Non-communicative Communications

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Mar 8, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

:rage::rage::smilingimp::smilingimp::cryingcat::cryingcat: And it's not even the 1st of April yet!

2. satchitananda

I beg to differ. Space being an important factor, it becomes a pain if those said 'acquired through marriage' relatives give scope for only the great empty space in between. After all one marries for social needs too. If one wanted to be all alone, one did not need to marry at all. Certainly the relatives who come as dowry with the above mentioned relative are most welcome to leave us alone, be dead to us etc.

3. satchitananda

First of all, all need to be at the dining table - not take their plates to their own rooms. Secondly, they need to listen. One cannot beat them into doing that, at least not the adults.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ides of March is so famous for back-stabbing;) that Brutus went and put out a commemorative coin.

[​IMG]
    Two daggers with a cap of liberty in the middle.

Afresh and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Oh! That's something new to me. We live and learn!

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Now all people have forgotten about verbal communication. Each member of the family having one mobile phone are texting each other. In our house only my younger sister who is at Hyderabad and myself talk to each other over phone. WhattsApp is used for communication among groups of relatives and friends. People living in the same flat also do not mingle with each other. As world has become so smalll to be held in ones palm, it seems it created Quite a distance between people.
    PS

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

I don't even know whether to find consolation in the situation, Mami, or whether to feel sadder. Looks like this has become a rampant problem. Wish some good sense prevails.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Very true Satchi times have changed. Earlier we used to letters now either thru phone or Whatsapp.Like Mami said me and my sister who is in Bangalore talk on phone most of the days. I also miss those childhood days when we used to sit together and mom will serve the food. Me and my husband have lunch together always
    If he goes out I wait till he comes. Earlier we used to go personally to invite for marriages etc but now either phone or Whatsapp. We don't know what is happening in our neighbors house .But luckily in our building people talk when wemeet outside. I

satchitananda likes this.
  9. satchitananda

True, Vijima, very often we have never even seen who lives in the next house. We hardly see anybody in the stairwells or meet anybody downstairs. This kind of anonymity is very disconcerting. Am glad that Mama and you spend so much time together (touch wood!) and that you have many acquaintances in the colony.

We very often see condolence letters for the death of some resident in the block. We don't even know whom they are referring to. Sad state of affairs.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I read that Zuckerberg is planning to make people communicate in secret code, encrypting, and decrypting everything. Those who are finding conversations already too cryptic, haven't seen anything yet. Hahaha... the complaints we now have might seem trivial when we get there.

I am quite happy with the way electronic communication is helping us "get together". When our children have to move, live far away from home to make a living, it is nice to have the easy facility for a chat, video conference, etc..

Here is Zuckerberg:
    For the last few years, Mark Zuckerberg, the C.E.O. of Facebook, has been posting occasional essays about the future of his company. The most recent, published on Wednesday, outlines “a privacy-focused vision for social networking.” “Public social networks will continue to be very important in people’s lives,” Zuckerberg writes. But “the future of communication will increasingly shift to private, encrypted services.” He hopes to build such platforms, and expand the ones the company already owns. He isn’t proposing to dismantle Facebook as it currently exists. The Facebook to come, he explains, will facilitate “private interactions”; it will feature “reduced permanence,” with content disappearing automatically, Snapchat-style; it will allow for messages, video chats, monetary transactions, and “other kinds of private services” that are encrypted “end-to-end.” (This type of encryption “prevents anyone—including us—from seeing what people share,” Zuckerberg explains.) Zuckerberg wants to supplement “the platforms we’ve already built to help people share and connect more openly” with “platforms for private sharing.” The idea is to let you use Facebook in secret.​

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Afresh and satchitananda like this.