1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No property after spending all money on it

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Visasri, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am in this forum back again with a serious issue. Mine was an arranged marriage. Suffered a lot due to MIL. Moved separately for a year. Before marriage my in-laws told my hubby has a house in his name, but never disclosed that there was a home loan running for it which went as 11k per month. Now with increased interest rates it is 13k per month. Now I am pregnant and restricted to bed after cervical cerclage. I had been working and traveled 120KM up and down per day for a salary of 12k. My in-laws insisted us to buy a land near the place we stayed away. This place is 55KM away from my parents and in-laws. Later as the land rates were high they said they would build house for my hubby and BIL in the existing land and we had to share it. Now, my hubby says his parents would sell off the house of his parents and this new house which is in his name will go to his parents. He would give them monthly 5K. Also, he will get nothing from the sold off house. We had paid more than 7 lacs in total for that house. After 2 years of marriage it is 2.5lacs for absolutely no use. Becoz of his commitments I had to save 30k for my delivery. I dont want to ask my parents as already they have done enough. I dont know what to do, I am no fool leave all the property and stay with my in-laws and give them money.

Waiting for ur comments.

2. Laxmi1982

Laxmi1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Visasri,
    Congratulation for your pregnancy !!!!
    Indian families, they do except their DIL should contribute her complete salary ...
    I would suggest you, if you are staying separately from your ILS , Then no need to give any money to them.after couple of month you will need more financial support then any one else...try to make your husband understand..
    make him realize that after giving the house to his father what he will do ??
    for your child ..you need to secure his future.......
    whole life you want struggle for housing loan ?then agin push to your child the same way which your FIL is doing ...

My Question- What your FIL is doing with the money he is getting from his father ?

I dont understand why can't parents understand today generation...rather than helping them supporting them , in such high competition...they still want to be head of the family...

I know.. you are willing to help them but same time you don't want to share things with BIL.

You should take complete rest and enjoy your pregnancy...you have done enough for them

Take care
    Laxmi

3. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

HI Laxmi,
    Thank U. This is a long post but will help people to understand my situation better.

Also, I forgot to mention we hav another housing loan for 10k per month(will increase soon) and personal loans. I am not supposed to work now and want to stay with my kid for at least 3 months. Which menas nearly 1 yr no income from me. Actually we had been managing house expenses with my salary now already insufficient funds. I dont mind sharing with BIL but should be genuine one. He gets double the salary my husband gets. My DH had to do diploma inspite of scoring 95% in 10th coz of family responsibilities. His bro decided to continue studies. Their age differenc ein 1 yr. My DH had to work for mere 1500 Rs. and help his dad while bro graduated in Anna University. Though he got a merit seat, my DH would have also got the same. Now co of break in studies his B.Tech is not considered in few reputed companies. Else I would not mind the current scenario. We were forced to stay in a small house with everyone and given a small room just to sleep otherwise no privacy. Now when BIL is getting married next month they want him to move separately and hence the house is being built. My DH knows the partiality but never minds. There is inferiority complex in his mind which is made use of by my in laws. My MIL asked my DH why he does not give her money for beauty parlor while my BIL gives her more often. The fact is his salary was handed over to his dad and got none from it. Even for medical expenses during my first pregnancy she used to shout at me. I still remember how I had to bear everything for mere Rs.600 while my DH earned Rs.35000. My DH though understands stays quiet. I had borrowed few lakhs from dad for the other house. Dad is a pensioner and this amt in FD would fetch him some money even then he was generous to give it to us for nothing. My PILs always want to get it from us. When they talk to me abt such things speak like members of rich family and never need a penny from their son. It really irks but never I spoke against them now things are getting worse coz I am silent. All I managed to do is to get the other house without their knowledge and get money for it thru my dad and my earnings. Now many can understand why I am not able to stay silent any longer.