1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

No proper blood flow during periods.. pls help

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by haripriyaamar, Mar 23, 2011.

1. haripriyaamar

haripriyaamar New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

It has been just 6 months since i came to US. Initially for the first 2 months i had a normal periods. The flow was as usual when i was in india (for 4 days). Later after that i started reducing for 2 days i had a normal flow. then the 4th month it became as 1 day. Now for the last 2 months it is so bad. There is no flow not even for one day. i can see bleeding only when i go for bathroom. After that it stops. for all the 3 days it is in the same way. for this month i tried eating dates and even i had more sweets and biscuits during periods. even then the same state. Because of this i see increase in my body weight. i have increased almost 6 kgs in the last 6 months. Am regular to gym for about thrice a week. And i use to spend atleast 90 minutes. But there is no improvement at all. Even there is no reduction in my weight. Please help.

Thanks,
    Haripriya

Admin Note: Here are relevant discussion that you may like to read on menstrual disorders

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/38329-excercise-during-periods-2.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...ping-common-discomforts-during-pregnancy.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/201613-how-much-do-you-know.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/84082-easy-home-remedies-please-save.html (search for menstrual disorders, since its a long post)
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/171729-only-2-days-periods-less.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hari Priya,
    Better Check with a doctor. Might be hormones are getting disturbed or can be some other things. Try to address it soon!
    Take care.

3. haripriyaamar

haripriyaamar New IL'ite

Hi Vasumathi,

Thanks for replying. I have booked an doctor appointment for this. Let me check.

Thanks,
    Haripriya

4. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I too have same problem. I came to us in july 2010. I had proper flow for 4 months. But from Nov. 2010 Im also experiencing the same. So I consulted a doctor (Gyn & Obs). She told me it culd be for climatic reason & she has advised birth control pill. Since i dont have kids im afraid to take the pill because it might affect my pregnanacy. so kindly advise is it safe to take the pill.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Upavi,
    These days BCPs are prescribed to those who are trying to conceive seriously to treat some troubles. It turns out to be normal these days. You may need some time to come out of its effects. If you have confidence in your doc, just go ahead after discussing all the things! Take care. All the best!

6. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

7. punambis

punambis New IL'ite

I too hav same problem..i came here on december 1st 2012.now i getting period at the time of bathroom only..
    can u suggest me an us medicine...i can't go to d doctor right now boz it will cost more...so please advise me some medicine.

8. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

Upto my knowledge 1st month problm is ok..due to change in our biological clock..
    i had the same prblm 1st month, from then it was routine.. have lot of veggies,spinach in ur diet..
    soak fenugreek in night, and drink that water in morning..
    I also did yoga specific to that.. from then on, its fine.. no worries..

9. punambis

punambis New IL'ite

Hi GSAnusha
    Thanx 4 ur reply..i l definiyely do yoga &drink fenugrik water at morning...once again thank u very much....
    Bye
    Marry Christmas

10. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

punambis.. keep the stress at bay :)
    gud luck!