1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

No Pcos But Endometrium Thick At 9.5mm..need Help On Medication

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by amunique, Jun 2, 2017.

1. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    I am 31 yrs old, ...seperated(oh y am i thinking so much to put up this word :|..), no kids..
    i was diagnosed with pcos ten years back. consistent usg abdominal scans taken back then insisted that i had pcos.
    i used 21 days pils and some metformin for sometime and since i was working at that time..i somehow left all medication and was stubborn that my periods would come anyway..and yes they were and are coming till date. that is 30+5 days cycle but VERY SCANTY flow.
    so i visited a gyne two days ago. and told her about my condition.that i was married but seperated within a month, no kids,not working, lot of stress, etc etc.
    other blood reports are normal. i had high prolactin back then.no thyroid.
    she advised the following
    ginette35
    metformin 500mg
    apcod obis
    and the main big thing weight loss :)
    i am 90kgs at 4.11 ft height.

Ladies, i am now confused as to whether i should take or not the 21 day pills as my periods are anyway coming.
    please advice on the medication...
    Thanks !!

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@amunique - You can get a second opinion from another gynec. Maybe even an ultrasound and new tests if results are older than a year.
    Most PCOS sufferers do have a problem with maintaining a healthy weight. I have seen people in the fitness forum maintaining a low carb diet to help with symptoms and aid weight loss.
    Start slow, add some exercises into your routine and control your diet. Make sure you are drinking adequate water.
    Stress levels are hard to combat when you have so many personal issues to work on. Adding exercises are proven to help with stress levels. Yoga and meditation along with some aerobic kind of exercises help release endorphins and give you some stress release. Additionally medication as prescribed by your doctors and a well balanced low carb diet should help. There are threads in the fitness forum specifically for pcos and weight loss. Look into it.

amunique likes this.