1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No News Is Good News!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 7, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Oh, what a great relief! After the last two/three days the hate crimes against our country men in US really made us feel nervous. Lots of our relatives and friends had migrated to US. When there was no news regarding this matter in the news channels today I thought, "No news is good news."

If someone close to us is admitted in hospital and we are not getting any phone call we think in the same way.

Though we all think no news is good news, the news channels are mostly in search of bad news from any nook and corner of the country to have a debate over the news in the prime time and also to boast that their channel was the first to telecast the news and have a debate on the subject.

There was a time when we were solely dependent on news papers and reading it with our morning cuppa. Technology now made it possible to get news instantly from any corner of the world or even from space. Sometimes the channels show the visuals also repeatedly. :eek:

No news is good news.Do you all agree?

Balajee, periamma, Kamalji and 2 others like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Everyday is spent in agony.We cannot reconcile that the news is in some corner.We shudder to think that the situation should not continue.For the past few days we are spending sleepless nights.When I was talking about this to my son, he casually remarked, can we avoid death if we come and settle in India?'
    During 9/11 also we were much upset.Every Tuesday my son used to travel by the same flight from Boston to New York.It so happened they decided to shift to california only that week and after getting settled in a hotel, they were sleeping and we broke the news to him.US is becoming unsafe to live in for foreigners.
    From a far off place,things look more horrible.People who live there may not be that much frightened.
    We have to live in anxiety in the evening of our lives.
    Jayasala 42

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS,
    Really true. It feels a relief when there is no further news of all this hate crime issues. The situation is very volatile and it does feel restless in such circumstances. Although people settled may assure us that we need not worry, it is definitely not a comfortable feeling unlike upto now. Can only hope we dont get to hear of any further bad news.

periamma likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear@jayasala42,
    Sorry for the delayed reply as net was Down.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear joylokhi,
    Hope that US administration takes strict action to control this kind of racist activity. In fact those who claim to be be the native citizens are also descendants of immigrants. The Red Indians were the real natives before Columbus landed there.
    PS

joylokhi likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpaji
    I agree no news is good news.
    I get tired of same visuals on TV .remember old days when telegram was feared when a call late in night and we feared some bad news?
    So I agree with u pushpaji.
    Regards
    Kamal

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Kamalji,
    Nowadays a phone ringing at unearthly hours make us shudder, when in olden days a telegram made us think of bad news late at night.

PS

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me of a dialogue from the James Bond movie Tomorrow Never Dies:"There is no news like bad news". Electronic media has shrunk the world. Earlier when it was just print media events seemed distant from us but electronic media has brought them to our doorsteps along with the agony caused by them.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Balajee,
    Very true. Tomorrow never dies but all won't be alive to see tomorrow. Yesterday already died and today will die at 11.59 p.m and tomorrow will start.

Though electronic media has shrunk the world, It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    It helps in creating awareness in people. Dormant talents brought out in many shows. Happenings around the world are updated instantly through news channels. Companies are able to promote their products thro' ads.
    People get addicted to internet, TV shows and prefer to spend most of the time in virtual world.

TRP crazy TV channels sometimes spread false news without authentication.
    PS