No Intent To Stir The Pot

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Greenbay, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Wow people write PMs about other members. I never knew these things happened here. Learn new things every day.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

What is Y and R ?

As for hindi....I have probably written more hindi on this forum in in the last 5 years than anyone else.

Never got a warning and I am not part of any group in front or behind the scenes.

At most I have been politely asked for translation from fellow poster.

I have also seen other south Indian languages being written in relationship forum.I have never found anything objectionable to object or report.

Most posts written in other languages are in lighter vein or between two posters . Why take them so seriously?
    Besides...there is always the option of putting people on ignore list.

3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Yellowmango & Rihana:)

Archanaanchan and Bandini like this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I completely agree with each and every word that @Naari has told.... kindly bring back sunburst and sandycandy

5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Nandu!!!! :kissingheart: hugs to you sweetie, missed you a lot! Let’s get sunny back, any leads? Candy is back as @Bandini

6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

@Bandini, Sandy I have always loved your posts. It's shocking that you are banned. I remember a thread where you gave valid points on how Hindi shouldn't be made compulsory. So I can understand you posting in Hindi is definitely not to make other language people uncomfortable... if we are comfortable in a particular language we use it involuntarily. If people asked you for translations then you would have provided it. Banning for this is somewhat I feel an extreme step. I agree with all.others that you are compassionate,funny and intelligent and also straight forward. I do not want to miss this last chance to tell you how much I love your posts. It's a loss for the forum. All the best. You will rock wherever you are.

7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

No, it won't. It usually does not. If you were to post in a language amenable to Google Translate, then translation is not required at all. Indian languages are tricky that way; they don't lend themselves to smooth auto-translation.
    It is better to respect the rule with its purpose in mind. If you feel that it is enforced unevenly, then feel free to protest constructively in a way that benefits the "community" (I don't like that word, but ...). If you follow the "Hell, no ...!" route, then it adds to the noise. Even in formal legal systems, "he got away with it" is not a credible defense. It can certainly be the basis for a separate petition to the courts and its own lawsuit.

I can think of at least one member here who I think should write a novel entirely in Hinglish - that's how artful her Hinglish is. I enjoy it immensely - translation might convey sense, but not the music. I still don't have a clear idea of what went on, but I'm beginning to get the impression that some of your posts in Hindi may have come across as potentially insulting to someone who does not speak it. Just go ahead and quarrel in English. I have had quite a few of my own, complete with barbs and slights and insults.

One reason I don't believe in bans is that I see IL-bickering as a microcosm of deeper political arguments. See here for the political philosophy behind what you are feeling/protesting/aruguing (some aspects anyway) without quite framing it in those terms.

As for PMs: My gentle suggestion would be to keep private things private, even uninvited messages. Or, go ahead and block the sender. We can argue about this if you like, at some other time, in a separate thread.:lol:
    :beer-toast1:

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Naari, off the point, perhaps. Not to interfere with your conversation, except to say that if I am not wrong in my guess about whom you are referring to, said lady is not a moderator.

Mistt, Greenbay and Shanvy like this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Through 'contact us' on the home page.

sindmani likes this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

"The Young and the Restless" thread.

yellowmango and Greenbay like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.