No fetal movement yet in 23 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Illusions, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Illusions

Illusions Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am pregnant with 23 weeks and 1 day. I am yet to feel any baby movement at all. I had Ultrasound couple of weeks bac and doctor said i should feel the movement any time now. But havent felt anything till now and i am more concerned. Any advice for me? Thank you very much.

2. Sai101

Sai101 New IL'ite

The movements might be like bubbles or like a tingling sensation from inside. It might also take some time. Enjoy your Pregnancy. Good luck!!

3. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Illusions,
    As Sai has said, initially the movement would be very delicate, which we might not be able to notice and feel much....just like a little bubble.......
    You can be quiet, and sit and place your hand over your tummy and concentrate, you can feel it faintly.....
    Have a healthy pregnancy.....:thumbsup:-)

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

IS this your first pregnancy, then give it few more weeks. Since this is a new experience you might not know what is a fetal movement until the baby is actually kicking you ;-) Relax and eventually you will feel it :)

5. LSen

LSen New IL'ite

You cannot feel it easily during your first pregnancy. As another poster said give it a few weeks. Also if you have anterior placenta you may not feel it. Check with you doctor about your concern.

6. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

I felt the movement only sometime around 20 to 22 weeks that too very mildly. It will take some time and it will happen soon. Infact your DH can even see the movements from outside as you approach your final trimester

7. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

hi

If this is your first pregnancy you might feel it a little late its normal don't worry .Watch out for baby's movements when you are resting .Check with your doctor if you have anterior placenta in that case you will feel the movements only when the baby is kicking on the sides as the placenta acts a cushion and you will likely feel any movements sooner than 27 weeks

8. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

I didnt feel a thing before 25 weeks (I was also tensed like u)......but as long as your USG says your baby is doing good u need not worry.

Also I had anterior placenta so throughout my pregnancy i felt very less movements and they were much less dramatic than others.

Enjoy your pregnancy.

Priyanka

9. Mayaa2012

Mayaa2012 Bronze IL'ite

I was also told that I can feel movements only by the end of 6 months if it is first pregnancy... If you U/S shows your baby moving, you should not worry about it... it depends on the position of the baby and the placenta... give 1-2 more weeks... you will feel it... you cant escape those rib kicks in a few weeks! :)

10. Illusions

Illusions Bronze IL'ite

Hello all wonderful ladies out there, thanks so much for your response. i know i was very late in responding to this thread (more than an year:(). Apologies. My LO who was very quiet inside tummy is keeping me on my toes now. yes she is almost one now :) through out my pregnancy i hardly felt her kicks. i had lateral placenta as someone mentioned. i had a safe pregnancy and LO is doing super good. i wanted to pen down my pregnancy experience. will do it soon. being a full time working mom , all i need now is 48 hrs a day:)
    Thanks again ladies:)

3 people like this.