1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

No Expiry date printed on lipstick or foundation...how many years we can use lipstick

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sivaranjaniadi, Jan 9, 2012.

1. sivaranjaniadi

sivaranjaniadi Bronze IL'ite

hi ,

any1 see production date or expiry date in lipstick or in foundation .
    in branded like DIor lipstick also its not there.
    how to find out the expiry date.

how many years we can use any product

Thanks in advance.

siva

Admin Note: Do check our feature Tips To Organize Your Makeup Box for more information on makeup uses

2. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Re: No Expiry date printed on lipstick or foundation...how many years we can use lips

Hi shivaranjanai,

As per my knowledge its about 6 months to 1 year...Easier to find is when it loses it's original texture and moisture and starts getting hard or dry on your lips.

3. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Re: No Expiry date printed on lipstick or foundation...how many years we can use lips

Hi Siva,

first of all thansk for drawing our attention to these... means we normally don't make an attempt to find out expiry dates of make ups or their shelf lives...

I have read that a lipstick can be used for max 3 yrs.( i wonder if we use one for this long.... ;) ) but in between if it smells odd then tht's the end of it's life. :) Also I have experienced that when the sheld life of a lipstick has ended or closer then it feels different than usual when u apply it... becomes more sticky.

And for foundation also the same thing is true.. & as per my knowledge it has shelf life of 4yrs. but again that depends on the type.. i.e. water based or oil based. I think oil based has more shelf life as it contatins oil so it doesn't dry out... :0

Hope this helps!!!

Dharini

1 person likes this.
  4. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I discard lipsticks or any face related makeup after an year. Afraid of using expired products on face.

1 person likes this.
  5. radhi1010

radhi1010 Junior IL'ite

For 6 to 12 months,after that please don't use them

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

i too feel uncomfortable to pick the lipsticks without knowing the expiry date...i mean i dont understand why the makers including the bet brands dont print the same on the lipstick... :bonk..
    lipsticks i too have heard that it can be kept for 3 years...not sure how long they had kept in the shop....maybe they mean after you open the pack...
    i dont use lipsticks daily for office,only when i go out i use them..but whether i use it or not,be it branded or not,i throw the same after 2 years....
    but inbetween when i experience the other issues like what you ladies have mentioned,stickiness,some change in smell etc etc,i throw it immediately

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Last year I purchased a few maybelline lipsticks, and guess what it had a sticker on each of them with expiry date. I guess it was 3years from manufactured date. But shelf life of any product can be obtained with the help of google.

8. sivaranjaniadi

hi dharini,

thanks ya.

siva

9. sivaranjaniadi

hi,
    ok dear. now my lipstick is good. if feel like this, surely i will throw it.
    thanks ya.

siva