No egg white cervical mucos

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyashetty18, Dec 24, 2011.

1. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

After my previous miscarriage I am completely lacking egg white cervical mucos during my ovulation time which I used to have earlier. But I do have thick white cervical mucus instead of a slippery mucus. What could be the reason.

I was not suceesful in getting pregnant naturally. I am not sure if it is due to this reason. This is the first cycle I went for IUI. Will lacking cervical mucus effect the IUI success also.

Do any of you lack cervical mucus and yet were successfull in getting pregnant.
    What do I do to get back my egg white cervical mucuc. Please please reply.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Clomid said to decrease cervical mucus. Since its a mediated cycle, those medicines plays its part in all ways. Also, stress will cause the decrease too! Try not to stress yourself!
    Some say having cold syrups around the ovulation brings good cervical mucus. Try it!

All the best to your 2WW! Baby dust to you!

3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi Divyashetty,
    Some people only get it a day or two. Sometimes I only see my EWCM if check internally.
    Watery cm is also fertile. Keeping hydrated helps.Just keep drinking water and relax things might happen.
    Also if you dont have ewcm, i suggest buy pre seed. its recommended most by obgyns, and is sperm friendly and is actually just as good as ewcm.
    Yes, I have also heard that you can get pregnant even with the absence of EWCM. Good Luck!

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya, I used Pre-seed lubricant as well. Its sperm friendly and is very comfortable during intercourse.

5. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

EWCM is not always an indication for Ovulation in all women, it is best to use an OPK to check for LH surge and hv IC, keeping hydrated is one way, else use pre seed