1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nine Memorable Years

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 8, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This September Iwill be completing nine memorable years in this loving site. Feel so happy that if everything works well I will be completing 10 memorable years here. There are so many changes from the time I joined. Have made so many friends and met so many in different cities. In Bangalore and Chennai friends arranged for a meet because I was coming. Felt so happy. Had met friends in Dubai, Coimbatore and Mumbai too. But all from different places who came to.

Though I have visited all theforums here snippets has always been my favourite. It was Bhargavi Srinivasan who taught me how to write in snippets But now she is not active. Like that so many are there who are not active and we used to have lot of fun in some forums, like How are you and Coffee Mornings which I started. Everyday we used to meet in that thread and share our exeriences. With some though are not here I am in touch through Whatsapp. Also in A to Z and Vowel thread inGames forum we used tohave fun. Now they have become happy memories.

When some left the site many new joined everytime and I am blessed all have become friends and some have become virtual daughters. Usually noone like sto call ma except their mother even mil they dont like to call but I am blessed that so many call me Vijima here and I feel very happy.

Earlier in crafts forum also so many used to post. Before Navratri ILites used to post how to make Devi decoration and other crafts useful for Navratri. Now a days there is not much post there because those ILites are not active. Also less posts ILites meet, Birthday wishes.

I was so happy when Bhavna and Sai started a thread for me during my 70th Birthday and got so many wishes. Even Danya ordered cake on line and sent me to my home for my birthday. It was a memorable Birthday as I got many wishes from friends here and in FAcebook and also we had kept Narayaneeyam and got many wsihes and Lord's blessings.

I used to get upset when net doesnot work and go to the cafe to see posts in Indusladies. I used to get disappointed when no feedbacks are there and very happy when more feedbacks are there. And some one nominates feel very happy and when feel on the top of the world when I read Cheenya Sir's reply for the nomination. I always want to be the first in nominating and also in giving feedback.

Of late I have not posted in snippets , otherwise people used to get bored as sometimes I used to post everyday, sometimes in four days etc. I could not be much active here because this Navratri I want to give chains made by me to the ladies and young girls. Till now have made 35 chains different kinds and have to make atleast 25 more. If possible more than that.

I should not end this snippet without thanking Jey and Malathy for this loving site and to everyone here who have always made me feel young and energetic

sindmani, Arunarc, teejay and 13 others like this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

wah 9 years is really a long time:worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2: glad you had a long time and as usual nice snippet :) and as i see you are all rounder ma :) :) its very nice to have you here :)

iyerviji and vaidehi71 like this.
  3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Maa !! Yes we all call you Maa...that too dil se...no pretensions !

And we are lucky and blessed to read your simple and sweet posts that reflects your pure heart.

All the mothers, mother in laws should be like you.
    An off course we need to learn a lot from you too !!
    Keep smiling !! How I wish I could also have your pearl necklace !!! :)

iyerviji, KashmirFlower and suryakala like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Vijima, Stay on IL for more years to come and make us all feel home and family, with your good hearted posts and presence, always! :thumbsup: Thank you too. :)

iyerviji and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Congrats Viji ma! Very Nice snippet!

iyerviji likes this.
  6. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @iyerviji sister,

Congratulations on your completing Nine Years as one of the senior most members in IL Family!

Your participation has enhanced the value of IL to the members. Reading many of your contributions took the young members are taken to those memorable old traditions,values and practices in the Agraharam of any village in Tamil Nadu/ Palghat. You have taken us virtually through the trends in IL over the years.

May God bless you with many many years of life spreading cheers amongst your family and friends and also your lovely contributions to IL Family.

7. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,
    Congrats!
    Wish you many more years here writing nice snippets and sharing all the lovely incidents and quotes.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi

iyerviji and suryakala like this.
  8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations viji maa.

Dont worry you will complete 25years in IL as we always look forward and enjoy your lovely snippets :)

Hopefully you will be 95+ years by then typing snippets with your shaking fingers :)

iyerviji likes this.
  9. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Ma
    Hearty Congrats on your 9th Year completion. Wishing you to touch more years and not just 10th year alone.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to get so many feedbacks dearies. Will reply individually tomorrow. Thanks so much

Caide and vaidehi71 like this.