Nice story

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by pradeepaa, Dec 23, 2011.

1. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Life is a Ride: RIDE-14:

The moment, I heard Vikram‘ voice, I felt like crying to him. Before I spoke a word,
    Vikram gave a loud shout, Shiva…………Preethi is on call.
    He reverted very casually…..Preethi!!! Just hold on for two minutes…Shiva will be on
    line…….Saying this, he moved away from the receiver…
    For the first time, Vikram sounded too formal….he spoke as if, he was talking to a third
    person….I gave a puzzled gaze at my friends…
    They looked at me …..I mimed …..To them what Vikram said……….
    Within some seconds, Shiva ….exclaimed….Hi Preethi!!!It was quiet evident that he was
    breathing heavily.
    I completely forgot what I should be speaking. I blabbered about the nearing semester
    exams…and exam materials and sample question papers.
    Priya gave a hit on my head….and showed a written paper ―idiot!! Stop Bluffing!! And tell
    him the exact matter‖…….
    I gave a nod at her and ………
    Shiva….
    Yes Preethi!!!!
    Actually……I wanted to ask you………..about someee…thhhing…!!!!
    Ok Fine!! You can ask me whatever you want! But before that, I have a special news for
    you!........
    (I looked helplessly at my friends…and mimed again what Shiva spoke to me…!......Priya
    gave an irritated stare at me !)
    Hey Preethi , are you listening!!....bellowed Shiva!
    Yah! Yah! Shiva! Tell me!!

You know what? I am done with my teenage and I am entering into my twenties….! (He
    grinned)…
    As, I was completely engrossed with various confusions…I couldn‘t comprehend initially,
    what he was trying to say.
    I replied quietly! Ok Fine!
    What? Ok Fine! Won‘t you wish me?
    Only then, I realized, Oh ! Best Wishes!!! I am sorry; I didn‘t know
    that…anyway….Happy……
    He interrupted!
    How will I celebrate my birthday without you! …Its tomorrow!! I was about to invite you
    and your friends!! But you called me before that! And you know, what Preethi! This is
    the happiest Birthday celebration of my life… I want you and your friends to be
    here on time, sharp 5.00 P.M …Ok…
    Without knowing what to reply!!! I responded! Oh is it! Good Good!...
    My home is really damn busy Preethi ! Even all my friends are here in my home from
    morning arranging for the grand party!....
    Oh Ok!! Fine Shiva! Carry on! See you tomorrow then!
    K Fine Preethi!...Hey you wanted to tell me something right?
    Nothing! I Just wanted to clarify some doubts on Computer Architecture paper ! That‘s
    Ok! You carry on! We can clarify later!
    K. Fine .Bye then. See you tomorrow!
    The moment I disconnected the call, Priya gave a tight slap.
    Bewildered….. unable to bear the pain and with tears in my eyes, I fixed my eyes on her
    vulnerably.

She screamed at the top of her voice! Look Preethi! What you are doing is absolutely
    intolerable!
    We all came here, and called Shiva only to convey that you are NOT interested in
    Shiva‘s attitude. But the way you behave, seems that you are enjoying, what he is doing
    to you.
    Then why do you act to us, as if, you don‘t like this and you want to put an end to this!
    Anu interrupted! Priya calm down! Why do you blame her! It‘s not easy as it sounds. Till
    now Shiva hasn‘t proposed her. So it can be anything. If Preethi tells him to stop this,
    he may allege her, that he didn‘t have any of that intentions at all. So it‘s better, we
    take a very careful move.
    Oh girls! Thivya sighed! Better we either talk to Shiva or put an end to this or we stop
    talking about this. This issue is really breaking our head and it is spoiling our happy
    moments.
    All four of us, sat quietly. The phone cried.
    Thivya, took the receiver and quietly replied!
    Oh is it Shiva! Hearty Wishes! Yah sure, we will make it for sure tomorrow! Yah Priya
    and Anu, is in my home only,
    Priya and Anu had a quick chat with Shiva and disconnected the call.
    All three looked at me. Priya rushed to me and gave a tight hug….
    I am so sorry Preethi!!
    I understand now, why you didn‘t convey it to Shiva!!...
    We can‘t really disappoint a Birthday Boy! I am so sorry dear! I hugged her and cried
    like a child, unable to control my emotions.
    Ok girls! Thivya interrupted! Stop these emotions! Let‘s think about the next move! See
    we have got a lovely chance! Its Shiva‘s birthday tomorrow and we are invited! So we
    have to buy a decent gift!.....
    We looked at her with a mystified look.

She continued! Why don‘t we buy a Gift and label as ―From your Ever-loving Sisters
    Preethi..Priya…Anu..Thivya‖…also we will buy a beautiful card with ―Birthday Wishes to
    our Ever-loving Brother‖ and we will stress Preethi‘s name with Sister in all the write up
    we do on that card!
    What you girls say!
    Wow!!! We had no words to appreciate Thivya!!! We were all excited and thrilled!
    Suddenly the gloomy mood changed completely! The discussion moved on to what dress
    we are going to wear and what color lipsticks….hairstyles…etc…etc….
    We literally made the ‗Top Shop‘ Gift Shop upside down, to select the Gift and the
    greeting card. Finally we bought a lovely Wooden Photo Frame carved with beautiful
    curves, a ceramic mug….engraved as….to the world‘s best brother…..and a big Greeting
    card ― A loving Birthday thought to our dearest brother‖….
    We wrote the word brother and sister in all the places we could ……and packed it
    beautifully….
    I was quiet relaxed…hoping that somehow…we brought this matter to closure…..
    We got down from the auto, and stood awe stuck looking at Shiva‘s beautiful
    house…There were balloons everywhere and the decorations were really very pretty!
    With posies of white lilies and gifts we graced in to the grand hall. The entire gave a
    stare at us. We made a proud walk, as usual, in our beautiful salwars kameez and lovely
    hair styles.
    Shiva gave a warm welcome to us and introduced us to his mom and dad. His mom was
    really very pretty and simple. We couldn‘t believe how Shiva was so humble despite of
    these big riches.
    We took our seat and as we were giggling and chatting, my eyes hunted for Vikram.
    There he stood in a creamy white stone wash shirt, with his full sleeves folded up to his
    elbow, and a white jean…..appeared like he haven‘t shaved for a few days …..Wow….he
    was absolutely awesome…..( He looked like actor Ajith Kumar in the movie Dheena (
    Tamil movie name);) )Rough and tough….I admired him so much…that I really forgot
    what was happening around me.He hardly gave any glance and he was busy running here and there arranging all the
    stuffs….Anu whispered!! Hey girls …look at Vikram…Wow….He is absolutely handsome
    ….and Thivya and Priya chorused yah yah…..I gave an irritated glare at them…..He
    crossed us, with a simple smile……
    The bash started, with heavy claps…..Shiva‘s mom and dad stood on his left and right
    and Vikram and his friends stood near Shiva‘s mom…..The Birthday song started……The
    hall roared with laughter, claps,……..Vikram was busy opening the birthday busters and
    snow sprays as Shiva ….was cutting his birthday cake…
    Shiva took the first piece of cake …and posed as if he was going to feed his mom….but
    make a quick cut and pushed the cake in to Vikram‘s mouth…..But Shiva‘s parents
    showed no surprise or disappointment…They laughed and Vikram who looked
    sentimentally touched ….pounced back and pushed a piece of cake into Shiva s mouth.
    The hall was excited to the maximum….We stood there stunned admiring the two
    friends…..
    The guys gave a facial make up with the cake crème on Shiva face….The snacks were
    served….After enjoying for about an hour….we presented the lilies ,Gifts and Greetings
    to Shiva, took photographs…Shared some laughs…. We had an awesome dinner and all
    the guests were complemented with lovely goodies and we moved from his house. For
    the entire party, Vikram avoided us like anything.
    Apart from the initial smile, Vikram didn‘t give us any chance to speak to him…That was
    the only disappointment…I convinced myself…may be he is quiet held up with his best
    friends party.
    VIKRAM****
    Shiva compelled Vikram and Madhav , to stay that night. After 11.00 PM, we all three
    sat together and started to unwrap the gifts.
    Shiva pulled Preethi‘s lilies…and his face darkened as he saw the label. I keep watching
    him keenly. He looked lot more perplexed as he saw the Gifts label and the Greeting
    Card.
    In a confused tone, I asked Shiva! What happened da?
    He literally looked bewildered! He showed me the label and reverted with a trembling
    tone!
    What is this Vikram!

What is happening?
    Why has she mentioned me as her brother everywhere?
    Is she, not in love with me?
    Even, I couldn‘t understand what is happening?
    I did not know what to answer?
    I couldn‘t console Shiva! I gave a perplexed look at Madhav!
    Even he looked equally confused!
    In a sudden urge! Shiva shouted! Call Preethi immediately!
    I want to know, what is she thinking of me!
    Is she playing with my emotions!
    Only God would have realized what my state of art was!
    I responded, cool down Shiva! We will talk to her tomorrow morning! Relax Please! It‘s
    already 11.00 PM…What will here parents think!
    No Vikram! I am completely confused! My head is breaking like anything! I have never
    been like this in my entire life. I want to solve this right now! Call her immediately!
    Unable to calm down Shiva, I dialed Preethi‘s number!
    Hello!! (In a sleepy tone) Who is this?
    Aunty, it‘s me Vikram!
    What Vikram! Why you are calling at this hour of time!!!
    Aunty! We are working for college magazine! Preethi had given one article! But some
    information is missing! We can‘t wait till tomorrow as we have to give that for printing!
    That is why aunty! Sorry Aunty!!
    Oh Ok! No problem Vikram!
    Preethi!! Preethi!!!
    Vikram is on call!!!
    Completely Confused and in a drowsy tone, I picked the receiver and my mom sat
    opposite to me.

Vikram quietly explained! What he has told my mom regarding the college magazine! And
    told me to pretend as if, I am answering for the information on the college magazine!
    Still not getting the point! I nodded yes!
    With a hesitant Voice……Vikram asked!!! Are You in Love with Shiva or Not?
    Preethi?????

2. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Life is a Ride: RIDE-15:
    What?
    My mom gave a shocked look, as I screamed!
    Looking at her expression, I controlled myself! I couldn‘t put myself on a normal
    mode, as my blood burned with anger and hatred on Vikram! I never expected such
    an ugly question from the guy whom I admired the most! I always felt that Vikram
    sensed that I liked him. Top of All, I never dreamt in my wild dreams, that Vikram
    is calling me from Shiva‘s home.
    I took a deep breath! Gave a stare at my mom and in a cold voice, I reverted! What
    is the information that you want Vikram?
    At the other end, sensing the heights of exasperation in Preethi‘s voice and seated
    just opposite to the thwarted birthday boy (his best buddy for a decade) ….Vikram
    repeated the question again!
    ―I just want to know whether you are in Love with Shiva or not?‖
    Literally, my entire respect on Vikram shattered; suddenly from nowhere a horrible
    detestation outpoured within me and in a complete rage, I responded, YES I DO!!!
    What is in there for you! ……………………………………. I disconnected the call and rushed
    to my bed room!!!!!!!!!!
    My mom gave a suspicious glance at me as she switched off the lights and moved to
    bed!

Vikram:
    I gave a bright smile at Shiva and repeated the words that Preethi spoke. Shiva‗s
    face brightened. Shiva, it‘s your birthday, don‘t get confused with unnecessary
    things. Have a peaceful sleep.
    We are leaving now!
    Why Vikram! I want you guys to sleep here!
    No Shiva! I am completely exhausted. Since yesterday, we were here only. My mom
    requested to drop to home. We will stay some other day buddy.
    Fine da!
    Waving good bye to Shiva, Madhav geared the bike and I leaned on Madhav‘s
    shoulder, without knowing what to do! I somehow felt like killing myself! Preethi‘s
    voice ‗YES I DO‘ kept drumming in my ears. Though , some corner of my mind
    reminded me that , it‘s just another Preethi‘s reaction to my hard questions…..this
    time , I had no choice ,but to accept the reality …that Preethi is lost once for all.
    I asked Madhav to take me to some movie. We took our seat as the movie is done
    half way. ……I felt like killing Madhav as I watched the dialogue of the movie…..Yup
    its Chennai 28 ( Famous Tamil Movie) as the actor Siva was begging his friend for
    forgiveness for falling in love with his sister…..and the dialogue went on ― Dai
    yennaku friendship dhanda mukeeyam ― ( I prefer only friendship than love )….
    Madhav scratched his head and unable to see that movie anymore, we left the
    theatre.
    We parked our bike in a nearby cricket ground. I laid myself straight a flat on the
    ground and started to blabber. Madhav seated himself on the stranded bike and
    kept quietly listening to all my blathers.
    What is this? Why my life story has become like the story of the movie Kadhal
    Desam ( Tamil movie on Triangle Love)
    In the heights of my terrible heart ache, I cried shouting
    Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeethiiiiii……………. aloud. I behaved like a maniac. Madhav couldn‘t
    calm me down. He told me keep my voice mild. I shouted looking at the skies, Why
    God! Why have you done this to me!

Madhav pulled me out of the ground and we reached his home around 4.00 AM in
    the morning. Even in his house, I kept on pestering Madhav about, how I admired
    and loved Preethi from day one.
    Preethi:
    ____*
    Thivya kept her hands on her head! Bull ***! This issue keeps on digging our mind
    like a TV serial! Preethi, I literally hate U! Y can‘t tell a simple NO and close this
    issue! Now I presume that you are really interested in Shiva! Please deal with him
    …however you want and stop eating our head. Anu and Priya didn‘t speak a single
    word.
    I felt so helpless. My tears continuously poured as I sat quietly on Thivya‘s bed. I
    felt that the whole world hated me. My friends, Vikram ……………….everybody
    started to hate me in a single night! I couldn‘t believe what had happened?
    Thivya shouted! Stop crying Preethi! I hate to see people crying always!
    Terrified! I controlled my tears!
    Anu interrupted! I suppose, Vikram should have asked this on behalf of Shiva only!
    May be they would have opened the gifts together and Shiva would have seen
    Preethi addressing him as brother! So just to clear the clouds, Shiva would have
    requested Vikram to confirm the same! This is my entire guess! But somehow, this
    perfectly fits into the plot! What Girls?
    The moment I heard this, I felt a heavy shock! Oh God! What if Vikram, would have
    told this to Shiva! God! My entire world rotated upside down! Why me God!
    For the first time, Priya spoke! Yes this should be case! Else Vikram has no
    business to ask Preethi this question at such an odd hour.
    Priya dialed Madhav‘s number but his mom replied that he left early in the morning
    to Vikram‘s house.
    Priya dialed Vikrams home, Shiva s home ………………….I had no clue, what she was
    doing? But I did not dare to speak a single word! I obeyed her!

Evening 5.00 PM, our auto dropped us in a nearest restaurant. I followed my
    friends quietly with a terrified heart………………..
    Shiva gave a broad smile!! Vikram looked devastated, but still handsome!! He gave a
    feeble smile! Madhav hardly gave any expression.
    We all sat together. Nobody spoke anything.
    Shiva broke the silence ….Fine Priya! What is so important? You said that you have
    to convey something very important to us? Right!
    I kept my eyes down .Choked with immense fear, I kept pressing my hands
    ..thinking ….what is about to happen?
    Yes Shiva ! Muttered Priya! She gave a glance at Thivya!
    Thivya ! Cleared her throat! Shiva, we heard from Preethi! That Vikram asked her
    that whether she is in love with you or not?
    The sudden outburst from Thivya ! Shook both Shiva and Vikram!
    I could see Shiva giving a blank look at Vikram ! Vikram leaned on the chair and
    kept looking at the ceiling with his hands folded!
    Shiva replied! Yes Thivya ! I did that! I wanted to confirm, whether ………………..she
    is……….. (He stopped)…
    Anu pounced back! What is this Vikram / Shiva? Is this the respect that you have
    for Preethi ! Calling at the odd hours and questioning with unnecessary question?
    Shiva reverted! This is no way unnecessary Anu! She is my life! And I am sure that
    Preethi knows that as well!
    We all looked startled! For the first time, I opened my mouth! Will you stop this
    Shiva? What do you think of me!
    With my unexpected response both Shiva and Vikram gave an alarmed look at me!

The restaurant became a War of Words hall, as I and Shiva replied back to back!
    He charged me various questions from…
    Why did you always give a glance at me whenever you crossed my class?
    Why did you choose my seat in the computer lab?
    Why did you kept giggling and glancing at me once in 5 minutes in the exam hall?
    Why did you tell Vikaram that I am the Jack of you song?
    Why did you behaved as if you were mesmerized with my talk during the
    excursion?
    Why did you say YES I DO, when Vikram asked you yesterday?
    As , Shiva fired questions at me ! I sat speechless, not able to say what to reply!
    Everybody looked bewildered as Shiva hit the table with a restless attitude. The
    coolest boy has turned Wild. He looked scary. Vikram looked at me defenselessly.
    I had no option to get out of this tangle, but to confess the truth!
    The pin drop silence broke with my whisper …..I trembled….as I retorted …..‖It is
    because….Iam in Love with Vikram……………….”
    Shiva screamed WHATTTT?

3. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

very nice story..keep going.... I dont know how many times refreshed this page....

4. pradeepaa

pradeepaa Senior IL'ite

YA.. but that was interesting and a different climax :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. pradeepaa

pradeepaa Senior IL'ite

Life is a Ride: RIDE 16

Everybody gave a dreadful look at me. Especially my friends, unable to digest what I spoke, Priya shouted….stop blabbering Preethi ….to end one issue don’t start another one.

Vikram, unable to bear, what he has heard ,sat perplexed without knowing what to do. Shiva gave a straight stare at Vikram and questioned him….

What is all this da ?
    Are you aware of this?

Vikram sat speechless! All eyes stared at him!

Again I broke the silence…………I am extremely sorry friends…..Nobody was aware that I liked Vikram. It’s a thing that I kept within me. So, it’s my entire fault.
    I am extremely sorry Shiva!
    I did not do anything with intentions to hurt you or to use you for my own gain. But unintentionally, it happened as such.

Shiva’s eyes reddened….so you say that you used my name just to make your intentions work…hah….
    Did you think about my emotions, before using me for your own good, Preethi?
    I never expected you to be this cheap?

As Shiva continued with few more harsh words,

Suddenly Vikram gave a loud thud on the table and cried….Shiva! Please stop hurting her?

The whole situation was a chaos! Everybody looked at each other not able to comprehend, what is actually unfolding!!!

Shiva! Literally shocked by Vikram’s behavior! Yelled in complete rage!!!!So….Vikram, since she said that she is in love with you, you couldn’t bear my accuses against her right! So, in just a matter of seconds, your Friendship drowned, just for a girls flatters!!!

Vikram screamed again! Please stop Shiva! Please, I beg you!

The entire problem is only because of me. It is I, who made Preethi behave like this.

Shocking vibes moved across everybody’s eyes as Vikram confessed, …………….I decided that Preethi is the girl for me from the day I saw her for the first time. I tried to express to her in one or the other way…but that only lead to rough conversations, offends and hurts. Whatever I did only irritated her. Her responses were always rude or irritating or whatever….So I never had a single clue that she likes me….
    Eventually, after the excursion, I came to know that Shiva is love with her. I was shocked initially.

Shiva interrupted! ….So Vikram….You completely concealed everything from me…and now you say that you are also in love with her………

Vikram gave a break for a second…..

We kept staring at him………..

NO SHIVA! My love faded away…when I learned that you are in love with her. I, no more have any feelings for her. I don’t want to continue with this talk anymore. I am exhausted already. I am leaving now.

WAIT VIKRAM! I shouted at the top of my voice!

Anu pressed my hands….Preethi Calm down……

Completely outraged and tears bubbling on my eyes……..I screamed…….So …..This is your final decision right!

Vikram ……stood like a statue……and blabbered……actually ………..

I screamed again….Say YES or NO…………………..Vikram………..don’t bluff…

Vikram gave a glance at Shiva’s devastated face and reddened eyes…..and quietly replied …..YES..Preethi…this is my final decision……I am sorry…..

I bit my lips, unable to control my anger, tears, frustration, disappointment, betrayal ……..

I sat down…….Fine Shiva !!! I suppose your air is clear now……I am equally hurt as you. I am in the same position as you are. I am betrayed to the same extent as you have been betrayed, above all, I am shattered and broken to the same depth as you are into ……..so…I am sure…that….you will be quiet happy and satisfied…….with the punishment that I have received now…….

Shiva sat speechless…..listening to my outburst……

I turned to Vikram……Great Vikram…….Shiva should be fortunate to get an awesome friend like you. May be someday people will study in history about your matchless sacrifice or maybe they can even keep a statue…..
    Good that I understood about you at this stage.

Everybody listened to me quietly, as I outpoured my emotions…………………

Exhausted! I leaned back on table…..

Priya …..K fine guys…..this is an awesome day…..None of us will forget this day in our entire life. I am sure that the things are pretty clear now…..To summarize…….Shiva is in love with Preethi….but Preethi is love with Vikram….but….Vikram was in love with Preethi…but after the excursion…he is in love with no one…..Now Preethi is betrayed and Shiva is betrayed ….and Vikram has turned to be a loyal friend…..

Wow…exclaimed Thivya!!! What a summary!!! We can make a movie on this ….Madhav….Thivya…Anu and Priya burst into laughter…..as me , Shiva sat still as if we have swallowed a ginger……and Vikram gave a frustrated gaze at Priya….

We dispersed, without saying even good bye. My friends kept teasing me and now and then they showed their anger for hiding my emotions to them.

I sat in my home…staring at my Digital Systems material;

Our second year came to closure. I hardly saw Vikram or Shiva anywhere in my vicinity. I always clung to my studies and my friends. I kept myself occupied with something or the other thing. My friends sometimes gossiped that Shiva and Vikram are not close as before nowadays. There were some rumors that they both had a terrible verbal argument, cause of Preethi.

Days moved on. The final year students disappeared from the college owing to their dissertation. We had our own happiness, gossips, chats, studies. But somewhere, in the dark corner of my heart laid a heavy burden, which I concealed within me. It popped out whenever I was lonely and made me to cry like a mad thing.

The Day Dawned, yah the farewell day! The management made amazing arrangements for the farewell party.

I saw Vikram after a really really long time. He stood along with Madhav . Shiva stood with some other guys in his class.

My friends were busy talking to the senior girls and getting the slam books written. I prepared myself for this day long before. I had 3 slam books in my hand. I stood along with my friends…giggling with the senior girls.

After some time, I moved alone straight to Shiva! He gave an unwelcoming glare at me.I ignored it….

Hi Shiva!!!!
    He shrunk his fore head…and gave a cold reply….Hi!
    Hmmm! I sighed!!!All the Very Best Shiva for your wonderful future!
    Plainly Shiva replied….Thanks!
    I extended the new slam book …..To him….Please fill this Shiva! I will be glad!
    Shiva gave a surprised glance at me….took the slam book and moved away….

Quiet satisfied! I moved to Vikram! He gave a simple beautiful smile as usual…..I smiled back…..He looked stylish, stunning and handsome as usual….His hair was streaked with golden shades…but that really suited him………

I came back to reality, as he enquired, how are you Preethi?

I am fine Shiva!!! Oops sorry Vikram (I bit my tongue)…

Vikram ..Quiet shocked….but smiled immediately…it’s ok! So what’s up ?

Nothing Vikram! I want you to fill this slam book for me! …..

Yah sure Preethi!.....

Fine Vikram! All the very best for your future endeavors!

Between don’t forget to send me your wedding invitation Vikram !!!! I smiled…

He gave a straight stare at me…..Hmmmm….I will let you know, if that happens…..

I smiled and moved to my friends….

The day got over peacefully……I felt burdened, as we become the super seniors of the college. No more seniors to us.

I sat on my bed; I took the first slam book written by Shiva. He has just filled it for name sake. I understood that he hasn’t forgiven me yet. But it’s Ok. The last comment caught my eyes….” Believe a pouncing snake but not a smiling women”………………

I closed the slam book…gave a blank look at my wall….The tweety presented by Shiva smiled at me…….

I took the next slam book………………..given to Vikram……

I opened it…………………

Shocked….I flipped through the pages…….I sat confused…………..What is this?????

RIDE TO BE CONTINUED………………

1 person likes this.
  6. pradeepaa

pradeepaa Senior IL'ite

– RIDE 17:

All Blank !!!!!!!!!! I sat dumbfounded! I had no clue why he has left blank. I struggled to come to a solution, but I couldn’t work out any. Ok Preethi!! It’s all over. This is a broken pot. It can’t be mended back. So chill out, and move….my mind instructed me.

Days rolled on. We were back to form. We rocked the college, as the grand seniors…right from gossiping, chatting, ragging, topping the academics, constant fights with Ganesh and team etc etc …Our management made another amazing arrangement for the Convocation. I expected to see Vikram again. But both Vikram and Shiva missed the Convocation.

Days moved on rapidly, we completed our dissertation. Our College Life came to closure with flying colors. The four years made me to experience all kinds of emotions…….happiness, sadness, joy, laughter, shyness, fear, anger, frustration, betrayal, the joy of friendship, the joy of togetherness, the joy of being admired, loneliness…..name it….and I would have experienced it……

Now and then I used to think about Vikram, but that again became a closed chapter in my life. I did not take any steps to contact him and the same from Vikram’s side as well.

Later I met Madhav in a shopping mall and he informed me that Vikram is in US pursuing his MS and Shiva is in Australia pursuing MBA. I felt happy for them.

Fortunately, I got placed in one of the reputed Service Industry organization and I got posted to PUNE. Anu got married immediately and Thivya and Priya worked as lecturer in a college. I moved to Pune. A place to die for its climate and beauty. I stayed in a decent PG in Hinjewadi. I enjoyed my training, I got addicted to the lavish life style that IT granted me at the very early stage of my life.

Days moved on. Thivya and Priya got married. Anu gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. It’s already 3 years gone. My mom started to pester me for wedding. I gave a narrow escape every time she showed me some guy’s photo. I received wedding invitations from most of the girls and some boys from my class. May be I was the only eligible spinster from my department.

Orkut and Facebook became my life. My manager informed me, that my H1B will be processed. I was glad. But it took months to get processed, before my mom sentimentally attacked me to get married…

Preethi!!! Preethi!!!! My mom gave a hard hit on my shoulder! I got up with a shock and a sharp head ache. Oops!!! Oh My God!!! It was 4 ‘o clock!

My mom screamed! Get Up Preethi!

The Groom’s family will be in an hour! You haven’t still taken bath! I gave a nod to my mom !I kept wondering , as I headed to the wash room ,with my college uniform in my hand, how the 7 years of my life took a ride in my mind within 3 hours.

I got dressed within some half an hour. It’s a simple make up with a BIBA Kurthi , ‘W’ Patiala , ‘FAB India’ Dupatta and a high heels from MOCHI. Already I have straightened my hair, so a simple straight comb.

My mom yelled at me, Preethi!

Why don’t you wear a saree!

I gave a cold reply. Mom……. this is just a visit. I don’t have to dress up so much. I have to see the guy face to face. I will be able to confirm only after that. My mom scolded me and moved in. My dad gave a pat on my shoulder and moved on.

Sharp 5.00 PM, a Honda City screeched in front of our gate. I gave a casual smile to the family. Rahul, a pretty decent guy, handsome gave a bright smile at me .I smiled back and gave a firm handshake to him .We all seated ourselves comfortably, and our parents shared some well wishes, laughs and chats. My mom served the snacks and Tea. Rahul, enquired whether he can talk to me for few minutes. Our parents gladly showed the way.

The initial talk was completely on which platform you work, who is your client, Office timings, onsite offers. I always gave a sharp and short reply. So Rahul really struggled to continue the conversation with me.

The day came to a closure. I have never seen my mom and dad filled with so much of glow, excitement and happiness.

I closed my room and took my laptop. I gave a blank look at my college photographs, which I have scanned and uploaded and always maintained it as my treasure.

It was around 1.30 AM..Mid night…..I kept admiring Vikram in all the photographs….and whispered….Vikram …You know what……I am getting married!!!

---*****-----

The same time…8800 miles away …….at Los Angeles , California…..Vikram suddenly felt a hitch in his mind, a sudden shut down of mood and a heavy burden.

He couldn’t proceed with his work anymore. It was already 1.00 PM. He pressed ALT + CNTRL+ DEL on his key board and gave a smile looking at his background pic in the screen. …….” Preethi kept smiling near a bunch of roses with the Ooty botanical garden at the back ground”……..

---***-----

The next day, it was already 11.30 AM when I woke up; my mom and dad were eagerly waiting for my door to open. I gave a drowsy Good Morning to my mom and seated on the cushion.

Impatiently, my mom enquired! So what have you decided Preethi!........

I gave a deep breath!....Mom….Give me some space…….to breath…….I haven’t decided yet…….

Shocked, my mom replied back….What is this Preethi!!!!Girls of your age are preparing for their second child, but you haven’t even chosen the groom yet. Every time you say some or the other reason. Already my health is getting worse day by day and you are least bothered about that.

Mom!! Please understand my situation! I will talk to Rahul today! I got a call from my manager stating that my US Visa is processed. I will be travelling to Detroit soon. It’s my life time dream mom. I can’t miss this, just for the sake of marriage. I will come back and get married. Till then I don’t want to get into any commitment. If I get married, travelling to onsite will become a dream. Please mom…help me to achieve my aspiration. I have always dreamt of travelling to US. Even you know that. Now I don’t want to lose this opportunity.

My Mom shouted!!! No Preethi!!! You are not going anywhere, unless you get married!

I shouted back, then fine mom! I don’t like this guy! Look for some other Guy!

What? My mom sat startled? What are you talking?

No Preethi !

You will be engaged to this guy! No matter what?

I have no clue what you have in your mind?

But this is our last say?

Anything against this, then you have to forget us! It’s up to you to decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE TO BE CONTINUED…….

7. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

LIFE is a RIDE – RIDE-18:(Climax)

I packed my luggage……stuffed it with all my necessaries…….Our car screeched
    at the Chennai Air Port –Menambakkam. I unloaded my entire luggage. With
    tears in my eyes, I bid goodbye to all my loved ones. I moved to the
    international terminal for check in. I once again waved good bye before I
    disappeared into the crowd.

I seated myself in a chair comfortably facing the LED monitor. I kept
    sipping my coffee, which was quiet Ok. My cellphone beeped and, I immersed
    myself into chatting as I sipped the coffee.

A sweet voice interrupted me.

‗Excuse me, can you please, take your hand luggage!‘

Yah sure, ‗I‘ reverted and moved my bag.

(I whispered on my mobile, I will call you back and I disconnected my
    phone).

I gave a warm smile at the pretty girl and literally threw a shocking look
    at the guy who followed her.

Yah , it was ―Shiva….‖

It was quiet evident, that the pretty girl standing near me was his wife…..

He too gave a gaze…that proved that he was shocked too.

I gave a heavy breath and closed my eyes for a second, and stood up and
    exclaimed!!

Hey Shiva !!! How are you!!! So this is your pretty wife? When did you get
    married?

Without any expression! Shiva unloaded his bag and replied quietly….

I am Fine!Yah I got married 3 Weeks before!

I could really sense the hatred he has on me. But somehow I exposed, that I
    really did not bother about that!

Oh Ok! Congrats Shiva ! So you guys are heading for honey moon!

The girl, gave a sweet reply,….Yes …We are flying to Switzerland….

Oh great!!! By the by …I am Preethi! Shiva‘s junior in college! ..

Oh is it! I am Meenu ! (We exchanged a cordial hand shake).

(I expected Shiva to ask something about me! But he did not even bother to
    ask me …how I am …also.)

Just out of curiosity, I enquired to Shiva!....
    Shiva!! Did you invite all your friends for the wedding?

He gave a sharp glare at me and gave a straight reply!....

Yes! I am no fool for losing my friends for something unworthy! My Best
    Friend Vikram stood as the best Man for my wedding! He grinned!

Shocked, by his cruel reply! I stopped speaking to him!

Moments Later, Shiva directed his wife to take a seat somewhere at the other
    end. Meenu waved me a good bye, but Shiva did not even bother to give a
    glance at me.

I wondered why on earth this guy hates me to this extent.

My cell phone beeped again and I immersed in to chat, to get me out of the
    trauma caused by Shiva.

--**--

I boarded my flight! My first international travel! Though it was a long
    long one! I enjoyed the journey to the core! I kept jotting down in my lappy
    all the petty incidents that happened in the flight and all the beauties
    that I experienced through the flight window….The transit in Frankfurt etc
    etc …My heart bounced up and down as my life‘s best dream came true as I
    landed on the American soil at the ‗Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County
    Airport‘

My colleague took me to her flats. Wow the country was so beautiful, as for
    the first few days, I couldn‘t stop praising the organized culture, clean
    roads, lively environment, etc etc whenever I called India. Slowly, I
    adapted myself to the climate, people and environment.

It was a long weekend owing to the Thanks Giving day. Along with my flat
    mates, we planned to trip to Las Vegas. Yes the Sin city. I have heard loads
    about Vegas, but when I realized, when I am really going to be there, I was
    excited to the core.

---**---

The city‘s iconic sign ‗WELCOME to fabulous Las Vegas ‗gave us a warm
    welcome. I really enjoyed the essence of the city as we roamed around the
    Las Vegas strip. The casinos, hotels, pub…..the boys and girls….roaming here
    and there without any rules…..we Indians stood awe at the city , but
    maintained a reasonable distance….from everything….to keep ourselves clean
    and tight……:)

--**--

We desperately waited for the sun to set , to enjoy the colorful lights of
    Vegas….Yes the day dusked……I lost some dollars in the casinos….and exhausted
    I excused from my friends and took a quiet walk around the nearby shops. I
    thought of collecting some magazines….So I kept staring at the various
    magazines neatly stuffed vertically on the shelves…..

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie….looked pretty in the cover page of vogue….I
    admired that book for some second, and as I was about to pick the book, a
    hand interrupted and picked the same thing…..

I turned back to give an annoyed look….and to my shock….my world stopped to
    rotate…..

Vikram…stood there….like a proper American immigrant…..His hair streaked
    with silver color and his face complexion brightened a lot more…..in a cool
    jerkin and jean ………he stood there flipping the pages of vogue ..Chewing his
    gum…..

I was sure that he did not notice me till now….so thought of taking a narrow
    escape….( but in my life nothing happens as I anticipate)…..

He looked up……mam …..You can……………………………………………..( He stopped)

We stood looking at each other…….not able to react …….

I somehow, took a heavy breath ….and broke the silence….Hi Vikram…I said
    dimly…

Vikram unable to comprehend what he has seen…..Hi…H…i…………howwwwwwww….are you
    Preethi!!!!

Fine! Thanks! How are u?

I am fine? So what are you doing here? vikram regained to his normal tone !

I just came to spend my weekend along with my friends!

Oh so, where have you put up?

In Detroit!

Oh oK ok! I am in Los Angeles! I spend most of my weekend in Vegas! Vikram
    retorted!

Fine Vikram! It‘s late! Bye!

Oh …oh….Preethi wait! Can we talk for some time! There‘s a good coffee shop
    nearby!

No Vikram ! I have to go! I replied hesitantly!

So when are you leaving to Detroit?

Tomorrow evening Vikram !

So shall we meet tomorrow morning at this same place!

No Vikram , we have some plans to visit some places in the south of Vegas!

Ok Fine! So can I join with you girls!

I gave a startled gaze! What are you talking Vikram?

Hey Cool Cool!!! Please I want to talk to you! Please consider this for me!

Ok Fine ! I will have a talk with my friends and let you know!

We exchanged our mobile numbers, waved good bye. I got into the taxi along
    with my friends. I turned back..and saw..Vikram still staring at the taxi….

---***----

We reached the hotel room. I was really restless. I moved to the wash room
    as I was unable to control my tears. I cursed myself. I begged to God and
    really fought with him, why my life‘s ride is always a roller coaster ride.
    Why I am not able to move on peacefully. I kept asking myself lot many questions, as my friend screamed,
    Preethi! Call from India!

I took the mobile and stood in the balcony and had a conversation for quite
    a long time.

After a long chat, I disconnected the call. The mobile beeped
    immediately….Yah it was Vikram…..I did not have any stamina to talk to him…I
    disconnected his call abruptly…
    But Vikram called me again and again…..Unable to resist, I attended his
    call…

Hi Preethi! Why you are so hesitant to talk to me?

Vikram ? What do you want? I don‘t think I will be able to meet you
    tomorrow?

No Preethi? If you are not coming to meet you, then I will chase you where
    ever you are?

Ok Fine Vikram ! Tomorrow morning 9.30 AM Sharp, I will be in front of the
    Golden Nugget…where I met you last night! Ok!

Thanks a lot Preethi! He exclaimed! Good Night!!!

I disconnected the call! It was a terrible night! All the incidents right
    from my college days…took a ride in front of my eyes! Especially the
    restaurant….where I expressed that I am in love with Vikram!!....took a
    double ride…!....Exhausted …I slept….with my pillows wet with tears…

--*----

Vikram:

God! Your plans are really awesome! I have never dreamt of this in my whole
    life! I jumped up and down on my bed! I couldn‘t sleep! I saw the
    photographs in my i-Phone, the college tour photographs…As I spun, Shiva‘s
    wedding photographs splashed on the screen. I stood in a lovely full shoot
    near the handsome Shiva in a grand Sharvani.The best man for Shiva.

I looked at Shiva…in the i-phone….

Sorry da!!! I will not miss this opportunity! I lied to you on your wedding
    eve that I have not even thought about Preethi from the day we left the
    college! I can‘t stop thinking about her. She is my life Shiva. I will make
    you to understand. Don‘t be enraged on me..I will explain you everything in
    detail when I will come one day to your home to give my wedding invitation….

With Butterflies flying around me, I slept.

--**--

The next day, we gave a firm handshake. He took me to the nearest coffee
    shop. He looked so bright and delighted. I was not sure how this discussion
    is going to be, but prayed to God for strength and guidance.

Preethi ! you look beautiful today !Winked Vikram!

I calmly replied! Thanks a lot Vikram!

You know what Preethi! I never had a single clue even in my wild dreams that
    I will see you again in my life!
    Yah Even me Vikram! I smiled!

So how‘s your life moving on ? How about Anu , Thivya , Priya!...

Yah Yah ! Everybody is fine!

So what makes news at your side Vikram?I enquired?

Nothing much Preethi! Life is cool! You know what…Shiva got married?

Yah I know Vikram ! I met him and his wife in Chennai Airport!

Oh is it! Gr8! I was his best man!

Yah Vikram ! He told that too!

Silence for some minutes! As we sipped the coffee!

So how long you will be in US? Preethi!

We have planned to settle in Detroit Vikram !

Oh! So you have planned to bring your parents to Detroit?

No Vikram! I hesitated! ………..I will be settling down with my hubby
    Rahul!.......

Vikram sat speechless (staring at me)……………

He came back to reality, after some time and quietly enquired……So you got
    married Preethi!

I took a deep breath! Yes Vikram ! I got married to Rahul 4 months back! As
    I always aspired to travel to US, he obliged to my wish! Now he got his Visa
    processed as well……He will be here in 2 more months…..We will be settling
    down in Detroit.

Tremendous silence followed…as none of us dared to speak again……

I sensed Vikram‘s disappointment…….

I quietly retorted! I waited for you Vikram for 4 Years, but I did not get
    any single sign from you! But my mom‘s health got worsened, which forced me
    to take the decision.

But I have never regretted my decision!May be ….. Rahul is the one God has
    made me! He understood me in all means and supported me in all ways and
    stood by me always….
    Vikram listened to me quietly.

He took me to a nearest shopping mall…and presented me with a beautiful Tag
    heuer Pair Watch, as my wedding present.

He came to the airport. I gave one last handshake……Drop to my home someday
    Vikram!!! And don‘t forget to send me your wedding invitation ….I smiled…..

He held my hand with his two hands….and gave a close look at me and gave his
    usual handsome smile,….Sure Preethi!!! I will let you know, if that
    Happens………….

THE END………………………. BUT THE JOURNEY CONTINUES………………….

1 person likes this.
  8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

wow.........realy superb.......Hey nisha & pradeepa made my eyes wet after reading climax..............

9. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much dear