1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Nice & cheap curtains in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by ShubhaSayuj, Dec 20, 2010.

1. ShubhaSayuj

ShubhaSayuj New IL'ite

Hello
    Can anybody suggest a nice place where i can buy good floral curtains at a reasonable rate in Bangalore?

Any tips relating to buying & selecting good curtains will be great too..

Thanks
    Shubha

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha...

I ll give you some tips if case you are looking for cheap ones...in case you are looking for some unique or great desgins,you cannot find my tips useful

(1)i believe in bangalore you would have seen a lot of Rs33 bazaar and other bazaar(not Rs 33 ones but they have some cloth/slippers/plastic box at cheap rate..kept inside a tent like place..i guess they would have named like mysore mallige,chennai silks etc...)...these poeple have a little cheaper curtains and quality as far as i have seen,its fine..not poor qualitied
    (2) also there are some road side shops (not the platform ones)..they can be small in size selling cushions,pillows etc ..these people also have cloth varieties and price depends on the quality and the design print and also the shine of curtain..they also get them stitched and deliver within 2 days..you can try them and also bargain whereas you cannot in big shops like hometown

Hope you find my suggestions useful

3. ShubhaSayuj

ShubhaSayuj New IL'ite

Thanks Swaran... I am going to explore this weekend... Will post my experience soon...

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hi

In commercial street there is one handloom shop where you can buy curtains in your budget, near westside. I dont trust curtains from sale or other tent like shops as after a few washes the cloth becomes shine-less.

5. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

try Shivaji Nagar, They have awesome collection of Curtains There is one entire street for them, & All Are too good & reasonable price too :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Maatey

Maatey New IL'ite

Hi Shubha,

You can try this new store in Jayanagar 4th block called "Tassels". I went there recently. It is on the 9th main, in between the Jayanagar complex and the Telephone exchange. Good collection of curtains and sofa fabric and prices are better compared to other such stores.

Hope this info helps...

Mamta

7. arsru

arsru Senior IL'ite

Hey Jayanagar 4th block, Janatha bazaar has avery good collection of curtains for reasonable rates.
    I bought one set from there, they are new even now.
    And regarding the selection, go for the color which is in contrast to your walls.
    For me, all my walls are cream color except the one where we keep the TV unit.
    That one was orange.
    So, I opted for orange curtains and the house looks very neat now.
    Even when I take pics in the house, they are shown up so elegantly.